Domain Empire

Reviews of AVeryNiceWeb.com ? Anyone use them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

todaygold

Top Member
Impact
Just looking for some reviews of AVeryNiceWeb.com He's posted on here before, promoting his business and recently claimed his domain appraisal service was more accurate then others...so I simply asked him what makes it more accurate. He simply replied to ask his 'support staff' and directed me to his customer support forum.

On his customer support forum, he requests donations for providing customer support!? Which kind of made me wonder. So I went to his main website, where he offers websites and web design and he has ads on his page!? There was even an ad for WIX...on a website that offers website design packages!?!? Which really made me wonder.

Then in addition, there were some unprofessional spelling and grammar errors, which I asked him about. He told me the site was new, but not the company...so I asked him what domain name he previously used. He wouldn't answer. I asked him where the office is located. He wouldn't answer. I asked him how many employees he had. He wouldn't answer.

So has anyone done business with him? Just looking for any reviews of how well he does web designs? Or any other thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoa, thanks for creating our very own review thread on NamePros! :singing:
We couldn't answer your questions before because you were asking in someone else's thread which would have been inappropriate and off topic. I speak in plural because this is our office user account. You can ask Corey at NamePros support and he will tell you that he knows our account is handled by more than one user. We are in Queens, New York City and are usually 4 at the office. You can PM us your phone number and I will personally give you a call back, that is, if you are really interested to know more about what we do and not a troll who just wants to tease us. :xf.wink: As I said before, your questions were off topic and disregarding the OP's own question. When you asked about our software, I said you should go to our support forum because it was a technical question that only our software developer could answer it. Now, I am not sure I can discuss about all the people we have worked for in the past but I'm sure I can name a few recent jobs. Again, we would prefer to talk to you over the phone so don't hesitate to pm us your phone number. One more thing, we don't know were you saw a WIX ad on our site, but it was probably Google Adsense which we have no control of.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
•••
Then in addition, there were some unprofessional spelling and grammar errors, which I asked him about.
We want to effusively thank you for spotting that error in the phrase "Or have or PHPBB in mind?". Indeed there is an extra "or" there and it should have read: "Or have PHPBB in mind?" Did you find anything else on our site?

and recently claimed his domain appraisal service was more accurate then others..
I don't know who said that, but our script is not for estimating the value of domain names like EstiBot, but websites only.

It even says so after the appraisal results. The script also doesn't take in consideration layouts or how beautiful your site looks. It's strictly an algorithm that compiles data from multiple trusted sources that creates a score based on a proprietary system which ouputs a dollar value. If you are interested in technical details, you will have to post at our support board as suggested, but I warn you, you might find several spelling errors in some posts there. Otherwise, just run our website appraisal and see for yourself who these data sources are.

We thank you again for your interest in our website!

Best regards,

Last edited:
•••
Whoa, thanks for creating our very own review thread on NamePros! :singing:

No problem!

We couldn't answer your questions before because you were asking in someone else's thread which would have been inappropriate and off topic.

Interesting, so you had no trouble replying back to my post, even using a bunch of professional smiley faces, but couldn't answer the question because it was someone elses thread...that's definitely an excuse I haven't heard before.

I speak in plural because this is our office user account. You can ask Corey at NamePros support and he will tell you that he knows our account is handled by more than one user. We are in Queens, New York City and are usually 4 at the office.

So is that you and your 4 roommates? The address on Google for your business seems to show an apartment building? It must be hard to work out of an efficiency apartment? And probably against the building and zoning codes as well?

You can PM us your phone number and I will personally give you a call back, that is, if you are really interested to know more about what we do and not a troll who just wants to tease us. :xf.wink:

Oh, so your office has no phone that you can provide the number for? Or you just don't want people calling your apartment, errr I mean your office, at 2 in the morning?

One more thing, we don't know were you saw a WIX ad on our site, but it was probably Google Adsense which we have no control of.

You've got to be kidding me!? Who the heck places ads on their business website!?!? What professional business would use adsense on their business website!?!?

And what about your 'customer support forum'! You have a freaking donation button on it? You expect your customers to donate money to you for helping them with their problems!?

•••
As interesting and entertaining as this thread was yesterday and now today, @todaygold I'm not sure why you are so incensed at @AVeryNiceWeb.COM answers and website. Your tone and rhetoric are highly offensive to another newbie like myself and I feel they are completely out of line. He never claimed he personally did one million appraisals as most of his site is probably built with widgets that have a counter that shows how may appraisals the widget has performed for all that use it. A zillion website owners use a Google AdSense ad to offset their business costs and many of us work out of our homes, basements, cramped NYC apartments, whatever! And yes we may try to present an aura of a bigger more established company especially when you are a startup! It's the way of the world and means companies like ours can deliver a more personal business experience. My wife is my secretary with really really low pay! She takes it out in trade! :xf.wink: Stop harrassing this poor guy (or girl) for trying to send some traffic to his business as your attacking comments are completely out of line here! Thanks, Steve

•••
As interesting and entertaining as this thread was yesterday and now today, @todaygold I'm not sure why you are so incensed at @AVeryNiceWeb.COM answers and website. Your tone and rhetoric are highly offensive to another newbie like myself and I feel they are completely out of line. He never claimed he personally did one million appraisals as most of his site is probably built with widgets that have a counter that shows how may appraisals the widget has performed for all that use it. A zillion website owners use a Google AdSense ad to offset their business costs and many of us work out of our homes, basements, cramped NYC apartments, whatever! And yes we may try to present an aura of a bigger more established company especially when you are a startup! It's the way of the world and means companies like ours can deliver a more personal business experience. My wife is my secretary with really really low pay! She takes it out in trade! :xf.wink: Stop harrassing this poor guy (or girl) for trying to send some traffic to his business as your attacking comments are completely out of line here! Thanks, Steve

Ahh, yet another user that created his account within a week of AVeryNiceWeb. Interesting all you 'new users' are sticking up for him...unless you are all one and the same?
If someone asking a legitimate business legitimate questions makes you offended, then get out of business. Nothing I have asked is not legitimate or should not be public knowledge. As I said yesterday, if you were looking to have a new home built and you hired a builder that made it seem like he worked with a large company, when really he was just starting out and works out of his garage...would you not have a problem with that? I sure would.
There is nothing wrong with being a small business or a 1-man operation...but your customers have a right to know that. They have a right to not be misled. If you think it is okay to mislead people or to claim to be something you are not, then you should not be in business.

•••
I've been in this business for 17 years, just my account and biz name are new!

•••
I've been in this business for 17 years, just my account and biz name are new!

Funny. That's what AVeryNiceWeb said as well...yet when I asked what domain name they used to operate under, he wouldn't say...sounds legit, right? Alas, I am starting to think you two are connected, so I'll just wait to see what AVeruNiceWeb has to say.

•••
Man you're angry and completely untrusting, because according to your logic, anybody with a new account must be lying and hiding something which is astonishing since your account is less than 6 months old. Go drink a few beers and cool off a bit, if that doesn't help consider anger management counseling! I'm sure us newbies have work to do and besides we were advised not to feed the trolls! A troll amongst other things is someone who always has to have the last (negative) word in a thread! Chill Bro!!

•••
Umm no, the poster on the other thread yesterday created his account WITHIN ONE DAY of AVeryNiceWeb. Yours was created within 10 days of AVeryNiceWeb. You two are the only two defending him. You don't see anything suspicious there?

•••
@todaygold Thanks for confirming beyond a shadow of a doubt that indeed you're just a silly forum troll!

There is a clear pattern of behavior with trolls like you: A) They disrespect user topics and hijack their threads posting OT subjects to amuse themselves. B) They make disparaging comments to provoke new users because they reason nobody is going to come out to offer their help. C) They disrupt forums and their vibes with nonsense and incivility. D) They make baseless accusations to create intrigue and/or intimidate real people with illogical views to have later on, even more ridiculous allegations to argue about.

Face it, you are just a coward who hides behind a computer. :troll:

Last edited:
•••
@todaygold
Face it, you are just a coward who hides behind a computer. :troll:

That's exactly how I expect a professional, legitimate business rep to speak. The fact that you would publicly, using your companies name and acting as a representative for them, that you would call someone a coward, is indescribable. I am obviously correct in that you don't run a business with an office, you work out of your apartment. Why can't you fess up that you aren't what you say you are? Seeing as how you completely ignored the questions I asked above, that pretty much proves what I said must be correct.

Last edited:
•••
And what about your 'customer support forum'! You have a freaking donation button on it? You expect your customers to donate money to you for helping them with their problems!?

This is essentially what Flippa does too. Totally insulting to the user.

On another point though, it doesn't matter to me if someone is running an internet business from an office or their car as long as they are good at it. That's the good thing about the internet, you don't need an office, just a computer.

•••
This is essentially what Flippa does too. Totally insulting to the user.

Agreed. However, that would be insulting if by "support" you mean paying Flippa to tell you how to use their own bidding platform or policy guidelines. What todaygold was talking about was our free technical support for new WordPress developers.

In fact, we ordered our phpbb guy to delete that button because, thanks to the troll, we also think it's not the direction with want to take with our brand name anymore. So, effective today, we no longer provide free WordPress support and free assistance with the popular plugin 'Ultimate Member' which our CEO (watch how "todaygold" takes offense of his title) is a plugin developer of.

Kind regards,

•••
In fact, we ordered our phpbb guy to delete that button because, thanks to the troll, we also think it's not the direction with want to take with our brand name anymore. So, effective today, we no longer provide free WordPress support and free assistance with the popular plugin 'Ultimate Member' which our CEO (watch how "todaygold" takes offense of his title) is a plugin developer of.

Seeing as how crazy active your forum is, I don't think it will be missed all that much. Ohh, you have your own PhPBB guy too!? Because figuring out how to install and run PhpBB is sooo difficult you need a special person just for that?
So are you ever going to answer the questions I presented? Or you can't tell us why your office address is actually an apartment building?

•••
Seeing as how crazy active your forum is, I don't think it will be missed all that much. Ohh, you have your own PhPBB guy too!? Because figuring out how to install and run PhpBB is sooo difficult you need a special person just for that?
So are you ever going to answer the questions I presented? Or you can't tell us why your office address is actually an apartment building?

The phpBB board you see is not your typical install because it works with WordPress seamlessly. We are at the last beta phases but for customization. Yes, it takes an expert to take 2 completely different CMS softwares to integrate without major glitches, and not that I think you would know why, but the reason is WP and phpBB are 2 completely different platforms which implies there are 2 mySQL DBs to consider.

As far as answering questions to you, take a look at yourself first and ask why should anybody give a hoot about what an anonymous user who is bent on attacking those who don't share his views thinks or has to say. I would have been more than happy to answer any of your concerns if I had seen that you were respectful and sincere at the thread where all this originated.

For the record, best to my knowledge, nobody has ever said that we were a 'big company', that's just not true. But, as I said, if you still don't believe that we are more than one person with this account dealing with your verbal bashing, ask Corey at NamePros support for his advice.

•••
Agreed. However, that would be insulting if by "support" you mean paying Flippa to tell you how to use their own bidding platform or policy guidelines. What todaygold was talking about was our free technical support for new WordPress developers.

Kind regards,
This makes more sense to me now.

It's fine to charge if the support is a paid service in itself. So if your fixing someone else's mistakes but not if the support is for one of your own products (as Flippa do). Just need to make sure that's clear on your site. So two separate contact/support pages. One with a donation button and one without and signed/linked appropriately (which may be how it already is). Anyway I didn't mean any offence to your team personally with my original comment as I havent looked at your site, was just saying generally that a paid support for a companies own products is a kick in the teeth.

•••
There was even an ad for WIX...on a website that offers website design packages!?!? Which really made me wonder.

If you're wondering if they rip off clients by using Wix - they don't. I checked out the source code of their site - it's WordPress. So is pmsignexperts.com, which is one of their clients. Looks like they've also done some straight HTML too.

As far as a quality standpoint, they seem decent. For cosmetics, their sites are absolute eye sores. Over use of drop shadows, way too contrasty, ugly logo and graphics, etc.

Honestly, I'd just figure out WordPress yourself if you can.

•••
What a strange thread indeed....

•••
If you're wondering if they rip off clients by using Wix - they don't. I checked out the source code of their site - it's WordPress. So is pmsignexperts.com, which is one of their clients. Looks like they've also done some straight HTML too.

As far as a quality standpoint, they seem decent. For cosmetics, their sites are absolute eye sores. Over use of drop shadows, way too contrasty, ugly logo and graphics, etc.

Honestly, I'd just figure out WordPress yourself if you can.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant, they unprofessionally use adsence on their website...and when I visited it, it was showing ads for WIX...how freaking ridiculous is that? A company that claims to be professional web developers is so hard-up they have to place ads on their website...and they end up running ads for WIX!

But I agree, Wordpress is easy even for a novice, so it would be much better to just setup your own website. Especially since they are trying to claim to be a decent size company, but their address is actually the address of an apartment building! Yet, when I ask them to explain this, they refuse. Unprofessional.

•••
As far as answering questions to you, take a look at yourself first and ask why should anybody give a hoot about what an anonymous user who is bent on attacking those who don't share his views thinks or has to say. I would have been more than happy to answer any of your concerns if I had seen that you were respectful and sincere at the thread where all this originated.

Any legitimate company would have no problem answering these basic questions. Do you think if I asked GoDaddy or Dynadot for the address of their office, they would sit here and bicker back and forth and make themselves look completely unprofessional on a public forum? Of course not. Oh but wait, that's right...I would never have to ask them, because like most legitimate companies, they already provide that information right on their website.

The fact that you won't explain how you have 4 employees, yet your address is an apartment building just shows the type of 'company' you are. In fact, the NYC building dept. and dept. of labor would probably be interested in hearing about you. Seeing as how it appears you work out of an apartment (and you refuse to clarify otherwise), are your 4 'employees' all on the books?

•••
No, that's not what I meant. I meant, they unprofessionally use adsence on their website...and when I visited it, it was showing ads for WIX...how freaking ridiculous is that? A company that claims to be professional web developers is so hard-up they have to place ads on their website...and they end up running ads for WIX!

But I agree, Wordpress is easy even for a novice, so it would be much better to just setup your own website. Especially since they are trying to claim to be a decent size company, but their address is actually the address of an apartment building! Yet, when I ask them to explain this, they refuse. Unprofessional.

I'd have to disagree that "WordPress is easy even for a novice." I do some WordPress development myself for clients. Sure, it's easy for the default theme that comes with it, but different themes all function different and it can get convoluted. I've had several clients where I've had to edit the PHP/HTML of the theme itself to do what they want. I understand and agree with what you mean about ads, that's a bit unprofessional, but it's their choice.

•••
What a strange thread indeed....
He started all this in someone else's thread where he was rude and condescending to us. The thread has now been sanitized of his nonsense. Even if we did business from an internet cafe, that's none of his business. His only reason for posting here is that we don't want to answer to his questions. And still, this character doesn't get it through his head that we don't answer to trolls.

Please, don't feed the trolls.

Kind regards,

•••
•••
It sure is our choice. Just like Web.com

Yeah. To be fair, web.com isn't exactly respected. Network Solutions (which they own) is known for being a joke of a registrar. But yet again, it's your choice, so there's no reason to throw a fit :xf.grin:

As I feel like this thread is getting no where, I am now withdrawing myself from it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back