NameSilo

Resizing frame according to screen resolution??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I designed a website for 800x600 screen resolution and now I want to have it centered in the page when the screen is set to a higher resolution.
I have done that before by creating a left and a right frame set to * on the frameset, leaving the main page in the center with a 800 frame width.

But the problem is that like this, I will get the vertical scroll on the main page, instead of in the left side of the scree. It looks weird and my client doesn't want that.
So, I was thinking in having just two frame: a left one that would resize according to the detect screen resolution, and a right frame with the main page, set to * width.

The question is: Is it possible to run a javascript or other kind of script that will detect the user screen resolution and change the frameset code...

For instance...if the screen is set to 1024 width....than the left frame would be 224 pixels width.

Would it be possible? Are there other alternatives?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did you try setting it to % and not to pixel width...

cause that should solve it

:)

•••
I solve it doing something else.
I centralized the whole thing and got ride of layers.
Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back