IT.COM

discuss Reserve price auctions

NameSilo
Watch

tiletalk

Established Member
Impact
Not sure if anybody feels the same way as me but why do sellers waste their and others time with reserve auctions?

Realistically speaking majority or shall i say 99% of the time, the domain is priced unrealistically and will not meet the reserve anyways.

I also doubt that you have a user chasing the domain owner for negotiation straight after the auction where reserve is not met.

If you know the minimum you are willing to accept then put it up as make offer with that amount as minimum or if you have the balls and trust your domain to do well then put it through normal auctions with guaranteed sale.

I really do hope these host companies start charging domain owners who set reserve price a small fee of $20 or something per domain which does not sell.

And for everyone's info before I get bashed, I do not participate in auctions with reserve price as I am not chasing the unknown.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think most use this tactic to use the platform to gain exposure and bump the stats for it like how many offers even below the reserve. Then restart auction after its over with no reserve

This way the auction will have have multiple offers. So when people filter for domains with bids their domain won't get filtered out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back