IT.COM

Report endusers backing out of committed deal! - Version 2.0

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should purchasers who back out of a deal be publicly shamed?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That one didnt really make sense tbh..

https://www.amazon.com/Explain-Cant-Understand-Graphic-T-Shirt/dp/B075CCZT25

Stop calling yourself a retailer or dreaming to be one.

upload_2018-12-22_10-53-10.png

Dude, let me fix a deal with you on one of your domain names and than back out right before paying.

If this was done on namePros, I would consider leaving a negative trade review and move on.

If this was done via email, or a domain reselling platform, I would keep the line of communication open. At worst, I may raise the price.

The last thing I would do is dox an enduser. This is despicable behavior.

Last edited:
•••
You can conduct business and make money in an ethical manner

I dont really need your approval about my business dealings now, do I?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Disgusting idea really.

Great way to get sued, too.

I would not want to do business with such a vindictive person.

Do that with me and I'll make your information public without wasting anytime. try suing me!!

•••
Should purchasers who back out of a deal be publicly shamed?

the poll question isn't worded properly

because....if they purchased it, then how can they back out?

imo….

•••
You should definitely take a lesson about ETHICAL business dealings though.. that may help you grow as a professional ;)

may god be with you!
I do not need some make believe entity to be with me - I have ethics remember......

Try and lay of personally attacking people who do not agree with you, it's not a good look

•••
You really are wishing for moon and stars here by calling yourself a retailer, god help you sir!

Where did I call myself a retailer?

Before incorrectly reading something else. Buy and listen to the below linked audio cassettes. They've helped countless people learn to read since 1987.

https://www.amazon.com/Hooked-Phonics-Learn-Read-Level/dp/B0016BN5MM

dox? did you just learn that word now? grow up!

Nah. I learned that word when one of this industries most known domain brokers threatened to post an arrest report, of a minor who shared a similar name as me, if I didn't remove some nP comments.

•••
I do not need some make believe entity to be with me - I have ethics remember......

Try and lay of personally attacking people who do not agree with you, it's not a good look

Before telling me what to do, you should learn how professionalism and ethical business dealings work.

It doesn't work with you or anyone else committing to something (read: legally binding as well) and than walking away as if nothing had happened.

And there were no personal attacks, but if you think there were any, that's your problem, not mine!

•••
Sounds like you're having a bad day/week...... might be a good time to step away from the computer and enjoy the outdoors for a bit, or whatever it is that gives you peace. Making decisions based on emotions is usually not a wise route.

Sales fall through all the time. It's frustrating but it's just part of the business. If you can't handle it, set all your domains to BIN only and don't accept offers.

•••
Before telling me what to do, you should learn how professionalism and ethical business dealings work.

It doesn't work with you or anyone else committing to something (read: legally binding as well) and than walking away as if nothing had happened.

And there were no personal attacks, but if you think there were any, that's your problem, not mine!
I'm done with you we can keep going around in circles until the cows come home - good luck with your future business goals......

•••
Sounds like you're having a bad day/week...... might be a good time to step away from the computer and enjoy the outdoors for a bit, or whatever it is that gives you peace. Making decisions based on emotions is usually not a wise route.

Sales fall through all the time. It's frustrating but it's just part of the business. If you can't handle it, set all your domains to BIN only and don't accept offers.

Looks like you need to think about taking your own advice seriously. ;)

•••
For those readers outside and are unable to view the poll results.

Overwhelmingly, the vast majority does NOT support flogging.

•••
@HotKey you might want to copy paste your post here.

Great idea for a thread.

I don't care whether you're an end user, domainer or my best friend's mother, if you commit to a deal and then back out there should be consequences. Not everyone has the time or funds to get lawyers to chase these people. At the very least a name and shame is fitting.

Otherwise, what's to prevent this person from doing this again, over and over?

There is no accountability from the platforms, and a thread like this could serve as a warning for future "dine and dashers". Money is not a game where we pick and choose our whims and then say naaahh fk it I change my mind. There are people on the receiving end involved who rely on such commitments, and can have lasting consequences.

So thanks, Soofi. I'm with ya! Wish we could have something similar to email spammers, but the list would be truly never-ending, and they are a dime a dozen hour by hour.
But that for the other thread, which closed now? For posting contact info of people whom we should consider NOT to waste time dealing with? Because they made commitments for purchase, and then reneged?

Still with Soofi on this. But not on a thread where we can bicker back and forth whether or not its ok to alert us of those whom think it's ok to break promises. It is not ok, and it is never ok. I don't care what your excuse is. The only acceptable reason is the one you're willing to accept from the person who broke it, not from "opinions".

•••
But that for the other thread, which closed now? For posting contact info of people whom we should consider NOT to waste time dealing with? Because they made commitments for purchase, and then reneged?

Still with Soofi on this. But not on a thread where we can bicker back and forth whether or not its ok to alert us of those whom think it's ok to break promises. It is not ok, and it is never ok. I don't care what your excuse is. The only acceptable reason is the one you're willing to accept from the person who broke it, not from "opinions".

Thank you for saying it out loud, what is right and should be done!

•••
•••
Why Just end-user why not the "Domainer" and "Broker" who make a false promise and then get vanished into the dark

Everyone should be reported without double standards!

•••
Voted for other. There may be a reason I would understand (death in family, recent bankruptcy, potential TM conflict no one found about by now, etc.)

•••
This kind of petty crap is pathetic. So someone was a fake buyer or changed their mind or went with another name. Grow up put your big boy pants on and keep trying to sell the name elsewhere. It has happened to everyone who ever tried to sell anything.

How would you like your info posted on the internet on a shaming list? If you want retribution instead of a sale I suspect you don’t have the temperament to sell. Respect everyone’s privacy and move on.

When imperfect people deal with imperfect people things often don’t go according to plan.. It seems the anger is displaced and if you have to be angry you should be angry with the platforms that allow this behavior.

The guy didn’t kill someone— he simply didn’t buy your name. Put your damn pitchforks away.

•••
Voted for other. There may be a reason I would understand (death in family, recent bankruptcy, potential TM conflict no one found about by now, etc.)
Exactly. These kind of reasons would be kept private, between seller and the person bowing out of the commitment, and no need for public retribution.

The only pitchforks I'm seeing here are the ones directed at the OP because he got burned, and he IS wearing his big boy pants by trying to actually do something about it, not slink away and hide and hope for a better day.

•••

There is the original topic

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-endusers-backing-out-of-committed-deal.1115416/

Closed by the Mods on namepros for obvious privacy reasons.

Without disclosing any personal details of anyone lets discuss the topic itself and get some feedback from current members.
I would say you either have offer/acceptance or you don't. If you have offer/acceptance you could claim the prize through the legal system which would involve public disclosure. Not sure about the court of NamePros :D

•••
When we say unethical, it must be applicable to both parties, right? When we enter into a deal it is legally binding on both parties. Doesn't matter if price is a steal or way above than justified one, once agreed, it is a deal. We can't leave everything merely at the helm of registrars/platforms, as these are too busy with their other money making deals. Defaulters must be sent a message-clear and loud that they aren't a good fit. I'll even say that why buyers, sellers who back out after a deal must also be reported in public so that people who take this business very seriously and put everything to make their bread and butter must be warned that these are the people you must be aware while making a deal.

Recently I won a domain at Flippa in an auction, which I thought was a steal from my point of view and later on seller backed out. Despite my repeated requests to the seller and Flippa, nothing happened. It is disgusting as your hard work goes in vain.

Few people will say that it is not a good practice to reveal the details of the defaulters in public and they could have some personal issues for backing out. But I don't agree. First we are just letting the domaining world know about defaulters and second in case of personal issue, let the defaulter intimate about it in short.
Just my two cents!

Last edited:
•••
When the original topic to this was opened I kind of figured it would get closed because it contained the personal information of a couple of people.

When the mod closed the topic I sent a PM asking him if he would reconsider because I thought the topic had merit as a member discussion.

To the mods credit he suggested I could open to a new topic if the personal information was not posted again.

As one can see from the votes, and all the comments, this is definitely a topic that has opinions both ways.
It is very easy to swing one way or another depending on whose comments one reads.

It's certainly one of the topics I check back in on because I don't think there will ever be a totally cut and dry solution to this problem.

That is why I voted OTHER and I think each case needs to be taken on its own merits.

Last edited:
•••
He who has never changed mind about purchasing a product/service from a store/market offline since he was born should throw the first stone... This is really uncalled for IMO and somewhat hypocritical in nature.

I have walked into a shop or even approach a seller but changed my mind due to one or more factor. It will be hypocritical of me to come out here and try to rubbish another man for same deeds I have been guilty of, for which I was never attacked by the subjects, no name shamed.

Honestly, we need to look in ward and ask if the table were to be turned, would we want to be at the receiving end of such childish idea?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back