Dynadot

report Report endusers backing out of committed deal!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
I think its the need of the hour that we report each and every enduser who has made a legally binding offer on your domain names, just to simply back out or wilfully default as per their convenience.

Let's Name & Shame these people!

Required Information:

You must state the domain name, person's name, email address/phone number, reason for their backing out, etc or else your post shall be reported and removed.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had 3 endusers back out of the committed deals recently and I'd like to report 2 of them here.

Personal Information Removed.

As per Undeveloped, his offer was legally binding as per their terms listed here: https://undeveloped.com/legal/terms-of-use

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Why you are sharing someone's personal info ? It happens sometime , Nothing special .

•••
If i start sharing - list is big but who cares ? These were endusers not domainers . Lol

•••
Why you are sharing someone's personal info ? It happens sometime , Nothing special .

Should be named and shamed as their offers were legally binding.

•••
If i start sharing - list is big but who cares ? These were endusers not domainers . Lol

Yeah, I know you don't care, but that's cool with me. Thanks for stopping by!

I havent shared my list from last 18 years, but going to start doing it now moving forward.

•••
No point for end users they generally buy once then they work their new business. Domainers however name those shady ones. The other side is someone was a buyer and didn't like sellers attitude and didn't close the deal because of it.

Last edited:
•••
No point for end users they generally buy once then they work their new business. Domainers however name those shady ones.

Helps other domain investors while dealing with such people, no?

•••
No as i said they are not customers for everyone. If seller had a bad attitude they might spoil the sale themselves then shame their buyer. If domainers are shadey then tell your story on case by case. End users are unllikely to cross paths again.

•••
No as i said they are not customers for everyone. If seller had a bad attitude they might spoil the sale themselves then shame their buyer. If domainers are shadey then tell your story on case by case. End users are unllikely to cross paths again.

Well, you have an opinion and I respect that but I feel they should be shamed just like Rick Schwartz started HallOfShame.com :)

•••
Imagine every business tried this some will give out a quote and shame when not taken up. If you want to shame a non buyer you can do that but I don't feel it is a positve move.

•••
I personally think this is unethical - there will always be non payers in any industry, take it on the chin and move on.

I have had a lot of non payers this year and will not be posting their personal information online - phone numbers and emails can easily be hacked and you are advertising them to the world......

•••
Note that i had one customer who disappeared after the offer. I sent him e-mail and he just ask me ''How much'', he offered the money again and we finalized the transaction. Imagine now if i had reported him in this thread.

Tyre kickers are not buyers, so it's not profitable to spend more time for them. Usually i send them 1-2 typical e-mails and i stop. Not less, not more than this.

Last edited:
•••
This is a pointless thread this happens all the time if we all added these people i would have pages just move on and stop moaning !

•••
Bro this is uncalled for, unnecessary and unwarranted. please call the mods to delete the thread.

•••
People are busy, sometimes change their mind and their decisions. The more quality you sell, the more possibilities you will have to sell. Move on and not spend your valuable time to drop a stone into the water.

•••
I have had 3 endusers back out of the committed deals recently and I'd like to report 2 of them here.

1. Conor McElvaney from Ireland made an opening offer of $5000 on Training/Feed/com through Undeveloped platform and when I accepted his opening offer, he simply disappeared. His email is [email protected] and phone number is +353879002523.

His reason for backing out: Have found a better for elsewhere, I will not be proceeding thanks.

As per Undeveloped, his offer was legally binding as per their terms listed here: https://undeveloped.com/legal/terms-of-use

2. Prasit Kothari from India made an opening offer of $1000 on Hurry/Up/in through Undeveloped platform and when I accepted his opening offer, he simply disappeared. His email is [email protected] and phone number is +916294374839.

His reason for backing out: he was assuming the price was in Indian Rupees.

I have reported this post, hope admins will remove it - indeed, sharing personal mail and phone number is not something you should be proud of! If their offer wss legally binding, then take a legal action against them, don't cry around. This entire topic and its idea are shady, actually, as we know only one side of the story - who guarantees it's true what you wrote above?

Disgusting thread and idea alltogether!

•••
I am liking the dislikes :)

•••
I don’t think being vindictive helps anyone sell domains here or out there. Also reported the thread.

•••
Sounds to me like the platforms are to blame. If they have a policy that offers are legally binding, it is up to them to enforce it.

Maybe shaming the platform for not enforcing their policy will get larger, better results.

I like Afternic because they secure the funds before I even hear about the sale of a domain. That's how it should be. However, Afternic sometimes has domains listed that are already sold, expired, etc.

Also, often times, an expiring domain auction can be a waste of time when the owner decides to renew after seeing auction activity.

Both the offered domain and the offered funds should be secured by the platform.

•••
Sounds to me like the platforms are to blame. If they have a policy that offers are legally binding, it is up to them to enforce it.

Maybe shaming the platform for not enforcing their policy will get larger, better results.

I like Afternic because they secure the funds before I even hear about the sale of a domain. That's how it should be. However, Afternic sometimes has domains listed that are already sold, expired, etc.

Also, often times, an expiring domain auction can be a waste of time when the owner decides to renew after seeing auction activity.

Both the offered domain and the offered funds should be secured by the platform.

Much realistic answer here and an opinion which is commendable.

People should understand that I am not crying and or moaning about wasted sales, but trying to make a point here by initiating a thread about an issue at large.

I normally counter each and every domain name offer that'd come my way but when I started accepting initial offers lately, this started happening. Not 1, not 2 but 3 in a freakin' row!!

Have had this off and on, in the past as well, however definitely pissed about happening 3 times in a row and shaming such people according to me is quite all right as I wont be doing business with such people!

•••
I (may also ) agree with all of you above, of shouldn't post their personal info.. but since we cannot pursue legal actions against all/everyone who backs out of legally binding deals, so umm why not name and shame them just the way we name/shame other domainers?

•••
com.kenlo.undosms.png

Have you ever found yourself in an unfortunate situation where you started a topic and you wish there was an UNDO button? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great idea for a thread.

I don't care whether you're an end user, domainer or my best friend's mother, if you commit to a deal and then back out there should be consequences. Not everyone has the time or funds to get lawyers to chase these people. At the very least a name and shame is fitting.

Otherwise, what's to prevent this person from doing this again, over and over?

There is no accountability from the platforms, and a thread like this could serve as a warning for future "dine and dashers". Money is not a game where we pick and choose our whims and then say naaahh fk it I change my mind. There are people on the receiving end involved who rely on such commitments, and can have lasting consequences.

So thanks, Soofi. I'm with ya! Wish we could have something similar to email spammers, but the list would be truly never-ending, and they are a dime a dozen hour by hour.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back