Dynadot

Report endusers backing out of committed deal! - Version 2.0

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should purchasers who back out of a deal be publicly shamed?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flogging buyers, who back out, is a great way to narrow the market with lasting consequences.

No, we should not publicly flog. There may be many reasons why someone backs out, such as a life changing health diagnosis, divorce etc.

It is much better to be understanding, caring, sympathetic and compassionate verses being revengeful.

Oh, and please don't take my peaceful approach as a weakness, believe me when I say it is a strength gained by experience.

•••
Sounds like you're having a bad day/week...... might be a good time to step away from the computer and enjoy the outdoors for a bit, or whatever it is that gives you peace. Making decisions based on emotions is usually not a wise route.

Sales fall through all the time. It's frustrating but it's just part of the business. If you can't handle it, set all your domains to BIN only and don't accept offers.

•••
Should retailers publicly name and shame customers who return items? Should retailers name and shame customers who put items on layaway and fail to return?

What domainer hasn't had a prospective buyer disappear after agreeing to terms? Just like what domainer hasn't had a prospective buyer go cold after quoting a high price.

Should endusers name and shame domain owners who squat on domains for years and insist on ridiculously high prices?

•••
doesn't make sense to stop future sales that way. If its violent and ugly negotiations then you might want to block this buyer or seller, but, no, you might want to sell in the future and you want the avenues left open for discussions.

Why double standards man?

If you can name and shame a domain name investor when a deal goes sour/rouge, should do the same with an enduser or other person as well.

-------------------
@HotKey you might want to copy paste your post here.

•••
Why double standards man?

If you can name and shame a domain name investor when a deal goes sour/rouge, should do the same with an enduser or other person as well.

-------------------
@HotKey you might want to copy paste your post here.

sorry, I have a daughter and a son, its my second nature to have double standards. lol.

•••
Why do endusers get a free pass? Most domainers try to honor deals. Maybe if we publicly shamed endusers they would honor more agreements

•••
I do however tell them what I am going to do and where I will be posting and give them the opportunity to give me good reason why I should not do it. And no, not once did I get a response.

People generally don't respond well to threats, so that's not surprising.

I've had deals close after 6 months of radio silence, many times I came close to sending a strongly worded email. Based on this experience I like to leave the door open, even if it appears to be a dead end.

You have 0% chance of a closing a deal that you kill with words.

•••
They just sent you offer, it was not auction which they ruined.
Forget them and move on

•••
Why do endusers get a free pass? Most domainers try to honor deals. Maybe if we publicly shamed endusers they would honor more agreements
I do not think publicly shaming someone is professional and could potentially come back to bite you if potential customers see you posting negative comments about people.

•••
Disgusting idea really.

Great way to get sued, too.

I would not want to do business with such a vindictive person.

•••
Should purchasers who back out of a deal be publicly shamed?

the poll question isn't worded properly

because....if they purchased it, then how can they back out?

imo….

•••
For those readers outside and are unable to view the poll results.

Overwhelmingly, the vast majority does NOT support flogging.

•••
•••
Maybe a closed group blacklist but not publicly.

•••
and before anyone shouts double standards at me :xf.smile: - I originally posted against sharing personal information (email & contact details)

Listing a persons name and the date it happened with no rants or sly comments would provide useful data for the community

•••
If flogged, endusers would not honor more agreements. They would only refuse to enter into agreements.

•••

Exactly my point.

This is exactly why I call these so called ethical and professional wannabe's a bunch of opportunists without any set principles.

They are right now crying foul because they are least ethical in their dealings whatsoever. They swing wherever their's money for them to be made without any set standards or ethics.

•••
•••
You should definitely take a lesson about ETHICAL business dealings though.. that may help you grow as a professional ;)

may god be with you!
I do not need some make believe entity to be with me - I have ethics remember......

Try and lay of personally attacking people who do not agree with you, it's not a good look

•••
This kind of petty crap is pathetic. So someone was a fake buyer or changed their mind or went with another name. Grow up put your big boy pants on and keep trying to sell the name elsewhere. It has happened to everyone who ever tried to sell anything.

How would you like your info posted on the internet on a shaming list? If you want retribution instead of a sale I suspect you don’t have the temperament to sell. Respect everyone’s privacy and move on.

When imperfect people deal with imperfect people things often don’t go according to plan.. It seems the anger is displaced and if you have to be angry you should be angry with the platforms that allow this behavior.

The guy didn’t kill someone— he simply didn’t buy your name. Put your damn pitchforks away.

•••
doesn't make sense to stop future sales that way. If its violent and ugly negotiations then you might want to block this buyer or seller, but, no, you might want to sell in the future and you want the avenues left open for discussions.

•••
sorry, I have a daughter and a son, its my second nature to have double standards. lol.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OMG!! :xf.laugh: :ROFL: :xf.laugh: :ROFL: :xf.laugh: :ROFL:

Exactly where I am... A Boy, a Girl, and my ability to change my mind as I learn how to parent (y)

•••
•••

I have a son and a daughter as well, and no I do not have double standards unlike some of you!

I call it as it is bud :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back