Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold today
Domain Name: KUTINI.COM
Venue: Afternic.com
Sold for: 2,299
Purchased 2 Years ago
kutini2.png

Last edited:
•••
Sold end of Oct
$10 catch from 2 months ago
1667484220295.png

Thanks to @jhm for the appraisal

•••
Sold Oct 3rd for $1000 on Dan.com
August 2020 $260 expired auction win on Dynadot.com

We've just sent you the payment of $910.00 for the domain name framethat.com.

This transaction is now completed. Thanks again for using Dan.com!

•••
Sold DVASP.com for 100$ at DAN today. When I started domaining in 2021, there was a speculative interest in VASP names for a short while. I handregged it (imagining Decentralized Virtual Asset Service Provider!?.) . The hype died out quickly but still I renewed two of the few VASP names I regged. I was planning to drop this at next renewal. At least this sale compensated for the amount spent on handregging VASP names .

Attachments

• 1667492555365.png
    1667492555365.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
•••
f16735q.png

Leaf // Right (king)
Sold for $2049 at SquadHelp ($1434.30 after 30% commission)
Hold Time: 1.5 years, listed at SH for 9 months
Purchased at Namecheap for $8 (drop reg)

•••
Thought it is worth sharing here to have a more complete "database" of sales, as it is allowed to share sales from unknown sellers in this thread.

Saw this thread on Twitter with many end-users sharing their purchase prices during the years for their domain name(s). These are from different sellers, not known who they are. Thanks to @James Iles and Alex for making a summary of all the sales. No further details, but you can read the Twitter feed here for more info.

sales1.png

sales.png

Last edited:
•••
I sold hyperbolic .xyz on Afternic for $1000. The sale was late September 22, but due to the registry/backend 60 day lock after a transfer, the sale could not close until October (in end they accepted a push at registrar, but at first were waiting for GD transfer possible).

I only do inbound. I had a somewhat higher BIN price, and a bit higher floor price, but Afternic agent came to me with offer, which I appreciated. After inability to negotiate higher, I accepted.

I had created name in 2000. Renewed it twice, including the renewal via transfer just before sale.

While not a super common term, was attracted to the meaning: e.g. a hyperbolic orbit is one with sufficient energy to overcome gravity and travel to infinity. I thought this was a nice analogy for various types of businesses and marketing, unlimited growth and success.

The name is already in redirection use by the buyer, for a web3 peer-to-peer service offering token transfer, NFT exchange, P2P lending.
hyperbolicXYZ-AfternicCrop.png

Last edited:
•••
I had created name in 2000.
I am outside edit window, but should clearly say 2020.
Mods -- if you could correct it in the preceding post then delete this please to keep thread clean.
Sorry about error.

Last edited:
•••
I sold hyperbolic .xyz on Afternic for $1000. The sale was late September 22, but due to the registry/backend 60 day lock after a transfer, the sale could not close until October (in end they accepted a push at registrar, but at first were waiting for GD transfer possible).

I only do inbound. I had a somewhat higher BIN price, and a bit higher floor price, but Afternic agent came to me with offer, which I appreciated. After inability to negotiate higher, I accepted.

I had created name in 2000. Renewed it twice, including the renewal via transfer just before sale.

While not a super common term, was attracted to the meaning: e.g. a hyperbolic orbit is one with sufficient energy to overcome gravity and travel to infinity. I thought this was a nice analogy for various types of businesses and marketing, unlimited growth and success.

The name is already in redirection use by the buyer, for a web3 peer-to-peer service offering token transfer, NFT exchange, P2P lending.
Show attachment 226465
wow. uncommon.
But Any idea why it is redirectd to echooo. app website?!!!

•••
$0.99 handreg, hold time: 10 months, inbound sale.

“wen” is the web3 version of “when”
C1533FDF-EC54-440E-BB0B-5469A29375D2.jpeg

•••
•••
Venue: Afternic FT
BIN @ $989 ($791 in pocket after commissions)
Hold time: 1 year and 9 months
Acquisition cost: $18 (handreg + one renewal)

Pleasant surprise: GoDaddy sent the money in less than 14 hours after I received the sale notification.

Dogecoinnn.png

•••
Domain: Cura // Financial [.com]
Sale price : $1,988 (BIN)
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer
Cost: $1 handreg + four renewals
Hold time: 4 years

The old NetSol $1 promotion is still paying off.

•••
1668036476105.png
in king

Marketplace: DAN

Sale Type: Inbound Offer
Initial Offer: $25,000
Sale Amount: $25,000 (offer accepted)

Sale Date: 28-OCT-2022
Paid Date: 07-NOV-2022
Reg Date: 28-FEB-2008

Hold Time:
14⅔ years

Reg Cost: $7.15
Renewals: $131.05
PPC Income: $1.85

Reg Type: Hand Registration
Reg Registrar: GODADDY
Sale Registrar: DYNADOT

$25,000.00 Sale Price
$-138.20 Total holding Costs, including purchase
$
-2,250.00 Sales Fee
$
1.85 PPC Income
=============================
$22,611.80 Net Profit

A seemless transaction with @DAN.COM

All figures in USD.

•••
•••
Sold last week

C r y p t o - S c a m . c o m

$1,000 Sedo MLS, at BIN
Hand reg, hold time 1 year

1668151826431.png

•••
Smart Shrimp dot king
$1,000 net in account.
info: name was not listed for sale, buyer used Godaddy broker service.
Name rejected by most brandable marketplaces.
Bought for $11, hold time 6+ months

no further details

•••
Cultuur/.co (Culture in Dutch)

$788 BIN on the landing page (Domain.io)

SAV reg fee, hold time 316 days

•••
C/l/o/u/d/o/n/i/z/e dot com

Venue: BB
Listing price: $1665.00
Commissions: $500.00
Logo design: $100.00
Your Proceeds: $1065.00

Reg fee. Hold time about 5 month.

•••
Sold via Dan
ih .is for $300
Ta .is for $299

•••
Drop reg for reg fees in Feb 22
Hold time 10 months
Lander was DAN but sold via Afternic.

IMG_20221114_185531.jpg

Thanks to NP for all knowledge.

•••
2YApt9A.png

Good // Talk (xyz)
Sold for $995 at Afternic ($796 after 20% commission)
Hold Time: 10 months
Purchased at Namecheap for $1 (drop reg)

•••
2YApt9A.png

Good // Talk (xyz)
Sold for $995 at Afternic ($796 after 20% commission)
Hold Time: 10 months
Purchased at Namecheap for $1 (drop reg)
Hi,

Could you share portfolio size of your xyz domains to get it in context?

Thanks

•••
1668441373984.png

I bought this for $1 on Flippa 12 months ago. 2 renewals (Transferred upon purchase and also renewed through to 2024 to get in before the price rises). Good deal for the buyer. Happy with my ROI especially since the exchange rate is favourable for me when selling.

•••
Finally have a sale to report for 2022!

Came after I reduced some prices, but for this domain was only a slight price decrease maybe $100-$200 drop - can't recall. I have another thread about some of my activities to try to generate some sales prior to year-end called 'Trying Something Drastic'...

Anyway, this was a hand-regged domain held about 2 years...

1668443672842.png

•••
Back