Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name: Ether//////Internat///ional in king
Venue: The expanded network of Afternic (not afternic itself)
Price: $2,711
Net: $2,168.80

I bought it at closeouts on 7/2018 when it was at $9 ( i know that's no longer a thing today, sadly :( )

Did the transfer renewals...

I wasn't feeling very well lately. So I didn't check my emails x_x... The offer came in 6 days before i checked my email... it was the $2,711. I knew it was either accept it or lose it and no room to counter since the buyer was probably disinterested at that point. (See infosec's Hot buyer rule)

So, knowing there was some money being left on the table, i accepted.

The buyer, of course, went dark.. the AFternic broker chased and said buyer was still interested but having ahard time paying (that usually means they're gone.)

But they paid today and i just transferred it over. Expecting the payout this week.

I bought this domain originally because it was the non-TM version of Ethereum... but upon googling it after offer came in... looks like at least 7 companies use the name in various countries.

So it was accidentally a good domain :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
Aperture.xyz sold for $19888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thanks

•••
Capture1.jpg

Domain Sold : Multiverse Avatars . com
Sale Price : $1600
Sale Venue : Sedo
Sale Type : Inbound -Make Offer.
Purchase Price : Hand Reg
Hold time : 50 Days at the time of sale :

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time almost 12 months. Hand reg.

•••
Metaworld.space
Porkbun hand reg
Less Than 10$
Sale price - 777$
Afternic
500$ offer than before i counter bin got sold

This week i sold metaworld.cloud for 777$ on afternic

•••
a/l/i/i/v/e .co
Sales Venue: Dan
Sales Price: $400
Cost: Epik .99 cent promo

Drop regged this in July, haven't had much success on Dan (3 sales total) and or with the .co I regged in Epik promo, however this paid for the lot and free roll for another 8 months. Still trying to get organized and improve my sales/acquisitions. This name was negotiated three separate times and closed last week. Still working on pricing my .co, .us and .xyz and in doing so I have slowed down purchases to re-evaluate what extensions/niches I am performing well in and which ones I am not.

No Further Details.

•••
(dawtcom)

S/h/o/p/p/e/rD/A/O/

300 (gross)

Ven.: DAN

No further details.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
a/l/i/i/v/e .co
Sales Venue: Dan
Sales Price: $400
Cost: Epik .99 cent promo

Drop regged this in July, haven't had much success on Dan (3 sales total) and or with the .co I regged in Epik promo, however this paid for the lot and free roll for another 8 months. Still trying to get organized and improve my sales/acquisitions. This name was negotiated three separate times and closed last week. Still working on pricing my .co, .us and .xyz and in doing so I have slowed down purchases to re-evaluate what extensions/niches I am performing well in and which ones I am not.

No Further Details.
I think this was a bit underpriced. Congrats anyway

•••
•••
DEFI / SWITCH in king

BIN: $2888

Venue: Afternic
Total cost: $16, hand reg (including 1 renewal; sold after 2 months of renewal)

NET: $2310

1.png

Fun facts: Domain had a DAN lander and was pending sale for day or two before I received the confirmation mail from Afternic. In case of a no-show, I quickly increased prices at DAN to the tune of $4888 even though the name had clocked in a handful of lander visits last month. Lo and behold, the very next day it sold at Afternic.

In retrospect, I think I left a couple grand on the table. Could have easily fetched a bit more. During the first year, I had the name initially priced around the 3-4k range. Dropped the price before renewals and forgot to update it later. Nevertheless, I ain’t disappointed. Good ROI after all. I knew this name was sale-worthy the moment I regged it...

Also, Afternic sent the payout in 2 business days post sale. Pretty smooth. Guess it’s time to say - “No further details, please?”

No further details, please. Good luck to everyone!

•••
Metaworld.space
Porkbun hand reg
Less Than 10$
Sale price - 777$
Afternic
500$ offer than before i counter bin got sold

This week i sold metaworld.cloud for 777$ on afternic
Hold time?

•••
Sold for 1200 usd.
Registered in Sept 2021 for reg fees. Hold time around 2 months.

IMG_20211207_221512.jpg

•••
•••
•••
NFT/co . net

BIN : $100

DAN , DAN lander

Hand reg

8 months hold

•••
roup.tech 375$ dan
Hold time 12 month

•••
Hand Reg Expired Domains-Net
MYCBDAPP/com
paid 5.99 sale
sold in 60 days
Afternic
Sold BIN

•••
Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.38.57 PM.png
BIN $500
inbound sale
hold time: 5 months
promo reg $0.99

Special thanks to @DAN.COM team for their prompt action and on day delivery

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
C r y p t o H a n g a r . c o m

- sold for $1,000 on Afternic, BIN
- registered for $7.99 with Epik
- hold time 5 months
- Epik confirmed transfer
- inbound

1638983224064.png

Last edited:
•••
1638982614867.png

Afternic BIN last week, funds already received.
Cost: $19 in 2013 (SnapNames Daily Deals) + renewals
No inquiries over these years, but I liked the domain so held it.

•••
Afternic BIN.
Holdtime 7 months.

1639036651256.png

•••
Domain name: Charging // Stand // (dot) // com
Sale venue: Afternic Fast Transfer (Dec 9, 2021)
Lander: DNS to Alter (USD 3,288 BIN)
Listing type: BIN on Afternic
Asking price: USD 3,488 BIN
Sale price: USD 3,488
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Godaddy (Sep 2009)
Purchase price: normal .com reg fees
Details: hold time >12 years
Note: I never do any outbound

•••
c/h/a/r/t/i/n/g .us
Sales Venue: Afternic
Sales Price: $199

Expired today actually, so nice timing, first sale of December. Sales have been slow for me over last few weeks, but still trying to get better organized and not try to discount names just for cash flow.

No further details.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back