Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold Last Month.
Just sharing this unique sale.

Buyer was willing to pay $5000. In fact his offer was $5000 but he said he couldn't pay now and wanted me to wait lol

I said, let us do a payment plan and he said so he didn't want to do payment plan but will pay 5K after a couple months.

I believed maybe he was having budget constraints, so I asked how much he could afford NOW, and he said $3000. I said I will give it for $3500, and it was sold!!
And in the history of Domaining, I sold a name for less than what was offered me :)
And December was already my best month ever in sales, so I could have waited, but I do whatever I feel like lol.

I have reasonable BINs on all my names and I always try to work out something with a buyer. With the grace of God, I have great ROI and had a very good year, and I always feel for buyers. I also trust people easily and It has always served me well.

I see that his site is up and it really neat. It is a BlockExplorer. I Hope he succeeds..

PS: I had this name for about a year. I was pretty early on the Meta Trend but I didn't go all in. I was still new and I didn't know about lean domain search or some of the automated generators then :)

This was a drop reg from expired domains.

I did manage to sell 3 Meta names so far, so all good.

metav.png

•••
fff.jpg

Purchase price : $81
Hold time: 4 months

•••
Untitled.png

Finally some sale after 2 weeks of silence.

Afternic BIN, hold time 10 months. Drop reg.

( Note: Fortunately I am in profit with this one as I had good sales in the first week of January that cover all renewals/costs for this month, whatever comes next would be the icing on the cake. )

Last edited:
•••
Few more sales after reducing prices at the beginning of this month.

Defined/AI (com)
999/Sedo BIN
Hand reg, hold time 6 months

Metaverse/-Artist/ (com)
799/Afternic BIN

Metaworlds/ (bet)
299/Afternic BIN
Hand reg, hold time 1 month

Metaverse/Capital (biz)
69/Sedo BIN

Autey/ (com)
69/Sedo BIN

NFT-/artist (io)
99/Afternic BIN

Attachments

• 52DD66F1-57BF-4857-BE04-D517A2A29DEE.jpeg
    52DD66F1-57BF-4857-BE04-D517A2A29DEE.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 3D33CF53-0AE7-4140-B058-712E779BD59F.jpeg
    3D33CF53-0AE7-4140-B058-712E779BD59F.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 79
•••
I hand regged this in Feb 2021 from drop list.
Sold it via Epik Marketplace offer Last month.

There is something with names of great rivers and majestic mountains.
I mean Everest makes a great brand.
So I started picking up smaller and less popular rivers, mountains etc as good brandables.

Problem is some Rivers have global appeal and some only have local appeal and local business don't pay a lot.

I bought few such names early in my domaining day after seeing TLDs and Corporate results. When I see now, most of the businesses that use these brands are small local businesses. Florists, tire shops, travel agency and so on, and io renewals suck I took this offer and I was happy.

A French bought it :)

seine.png

•••
My First .xyz sale
Domain Name: w3brand.xyz
Venue: Afternic
Price Sold: $488
Hold time: 1 month
Experimental Listed on Low Price

Attachments

• W3BRAND.jpg
    W3BRAND.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
•••
am.jpg

- Drop Reg. ($29.99)
- Hold time: 7 months

•••
metaverse99/com
Venue : SAV auction
$210
handreg last year

•••
Domain name: w h a t c h a r g e r .co.uk
Venue: Afternic BIN
Price sold: $99
Hold time: 10 months

Reducing my pricing has certainly helped shift some inventory. Although all low prices, all are hand reg'd so happy with the ROI.

•••
My first xyz and my first Afternic sales.

Domain name: splitpay.xyz
Price sold: $288
Hold time: 8 months

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-120159_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126-120159_Gmail.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
•••
w//e\\r!!no_url_shorteners for 100€

hold time 4 days, reg fee $2,99

•••
My first xyz and my first Afternic sales.

Domain name: splitpay.xyz
Price sold: $288
Hold time: 8 months
When did you make this sale? The exact date I mean?

•••
•••
Regret sales:
Swop.xyz - $49 (Sedo)
Platformer.xyz - $79 (Dynadot). Just realised the value of domain, renewed it, but too late to change the listing price.
Hustles.xyz - $99 (Afternic)

All of them were sold close to expiring date (held for 1 yr).

Now listing good domains on sav auction, and it looks like I will have another regret sales :(

Last edited:
•••
MetaData.xyz sold for $49888 @DAN.COM
CoinHub.xyz sold for $7500 @Epik.com
Testworthy.com sold for $3885 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.

•••
Untitled.png

Hand regged 6 months ago.

Afternic BIN.

•••
DrSammy.com for $1250.
Afternic sold after approx. 2 1/2 months! Sold after price request.
Transaction, including payment, took only a matter of days, not weeks.
Note that I am posting this because some folks on NamePros were reporting about 20+ days for transactions to complete. Afternic really demonstrated their expertise and efficiency with this one!

Last edited:
•••
DrSammy.com
Afternic sold after approx. 2 1/2 months! Price request.
Transaction, including payment, took only a few days.
Note that I am posting this because some folks on NamePros were reporting about 20+ days for transactions to complete. Afternic really demonstrated their expertise and efficiency with this one!
Post the price or don't post in this section, mods feel free to remove my post.

•••
Show attachment 208797

Hand regged 6 months ago.

Afternic BIN.
Nice Sale. Hosterstats mentions that this dropped in 2013 with 1 previous user. What made you register this 6 months ago seeing that its been deleted for a little less than a decade?

•••
Post the price or don't post in this section, mods feel free to remove my post.
$1250. Sorry about that. It was a fair price, and fast transaction.

•••
Nice Sale. Hosterstats mentions that this dropped in 2013 with 1 previous user. What made you register this 6 months ago seeing that its been deleted for a little less than a decade?

Just a brandable name that was available. I've sold several similar ones, different combo.

No more questions please, keep on-topic

•••
1643345154705.png

I registered this domain in May, 2014. Initial registration plus 7 renewals put the cost around $80.

Landers at Dan.com, but listed on AN Fast Transfer where it sold.
$988 - $198--$790 sent within 2 days of initial notification. No issues.

•••
This year I've decided to also get serious with brandables. Signed up for SH couple weeks ago, here's the first sale:

Untitled.png

SquadHelp installment plan, $2299 sale price, 12 months installment. (30% commission will be deducted)

Hold time 1 month. Drop reg.

It was nice to see a sale so soon, but on the other hand I have confidence in the names quality.

•••
This year I've decided to also get serious with brandables. Signed up for SH couple weeks ago, here's the first sale:

Show attachment 208868

SquadHelp installment plan, $2299 sale price, 12 months installment. (30% commission will be deducted)

Hold time 1 month. Drop reg.

It was nice to see a sale so soon, but on the other hand I have confidence in the names quality.
May I ask how many you listed on SH in these 2 weeks ? it is a very important data point to give perspective. Thank you and congratulations on your sale.

•••
May I ask how many you listed on SH in these 2 weeks ? it is a very important data point to give perspective. Thank you and congratulations on your sale.
500+ names (now still have to activate more, up to 1k total)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back