Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain: Away dot org
Sale venue: NamesCon
Listing type: Auction
Sale price: $3,550
Purchase price: $2,000
Hold time: 4 months

•••
S p a r k l e s C l e a n i n g S e r v i c e s .com

hand reg 17 days ago at dynadot for $5.99 (re-registration)
manually catch 2 min after drop at expireddomains.net
outbound
asking price $199
accept counter offer $150
contacted more than 40 leads
more info pm only

•••
Now that the money has officially entered my bank account, I'm happy to share that I've made my first domain sale. 🎉🎉

Putting .cc domains on the successful sales list 😀

$3.99 Hand reg on 12 July this year
Sold for $1625
Received $1276 after fees

Domain sold less than 1 month after reg, sales transaction completed about 60 days after reg.
I'm guessing the buyer is the end-user who previously owned the domain but let drop.

Show attachment 167332

Very nice. I like dot cc. Keep em coming.

•••
NeuraSpace.com
Sale venue: Afternic
Listing type: BIN
Sale price: $3300
Purchase price: hand reg + 1 renewal
Hold time: ~ 14 months
Discovered where: expireddomains.net *a huge shoutout to them*

I had it listed as make offer and had an Afternic lead, so I then listed it at $3300. I remembered seeing NeuraTech.com recently sell for around $2500 a month or two ago. After getting the lead, my lady suggested setting it at $5k. But I had a good feeling about $3300, so I went with it. Part of me feels like I undersold it, but I am very happy with the sale. It's a good name at a good price. I hope the buyer does something great with it.

Attachments

• neura.jpg
    neura.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 350
•••
Z7 .vc

Sale venue: EPIK
Listing type: OFFER
Sale price: $140

•••
XRevents (.com)

Purchase price: $20 just over a year ago.
Sale price: $5,000

Used Dan.com generated lead Facility so 5% commission

•••
G l o w e d U p C o s m e t i c s .com

Sale venue: Dan
Sale price: $100 ($91 payout)
Sale type: Offer / Inbound
Purchase: GoDaddy drop, $24
Hold time: 52 days

•••
Domain: Incense (dot) IN
Purchase price: ~$120
Sale price: £6000 GBP (~ $7750 USD)
Hold time: 4 years
Sale Venue: DaaZ.com

Last edited:
•••
Registered 12th of july this year for 0.99 at epik promo
Sold in one week for 150 euro (around 180 USD)
20200918_012635.jpg

•••
hand-reg or catch drop? tx
XRevents (.com)

Purchase price: $20 just over a year ago.
Sale price: $5,000

Used Dan.com generated lead Facility so 5% commission

•••
Buy..,ether....,co

Gd prem (bin)... 400$...1yr handreg..no outbound.

•••
aph-afternic.png

Hand registered 12/2019

Show attachment 137772

Dictionary word as a brandable. Interesting to google. Also called a Leaf Hopper. :)
Cost: 1.99 or 3.99 at Hostpapa
Sold via Afternic
*I had a bin price set of $1k. Offer came in through broker at $350. I countered $750. No word for a couple of days. I logged in and raised the bin price to $12k. :) Next day I got an email from broker asking if I would still take the $750. I said yes until the end of this month. I changed the bin and minimum to $750. Got notification of sale 24 hours later.

Last edited:
•••
•••
upload_2020-9-18_17-50-45.png

Sale Venue - BP
Purchase Venue - NP
CP - 144$ (125$ + 2 Renewals + 5$ BP Listing Fees)
Hold Time - 17 Months

•••
A i n o .ca
$498 (minus 5% commission)
Aug 27, 2020 (money into my account about 10 days later)
Inbound inquiry through LinkedIn. Several back and forth within two hours. I had previously set the price BIN at $499 and in end he paid that choosing to complete sale at Dynadot Marketplace.
Hand-reg in January 2020 (no renewals)

What I liked about name: was looking for short brandable .ca names that start or ended with AI, and also it has Nordic mythology and Japanese meanings (perhaps elsewhere).

This is my first significant sale of a .ca. I have about 65, all hand reg, mainly single word or short speakable names. Have only been trying to sell .ca less than a year (had handful before). This is also my first sale that started with LinkedIn. I do know the idea for his business, but won't disclose that until he is up and running.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
A i n o .ca
$498 (minus 5% commission)
Aug 27, 2020 (money into my account about 10 days later)
Inbound inquiry through LinkedIn. Several back and forth within two hours. I had previously set the price BIN at $499 and in end he paid that choosing to complete sale at Dynadot Marketplace.
Hand-reg in January 2020 (no renewals)

What I liked about name: was looking for short brandable .ca names that start or ended with AI, and also it has Nordic mythology and Japanese meanings (perhaps elsewhere).

This is my first significant sale of a .ca. I have about 65, all hand reg, mainly single word or short speakable names. Have only been trying to sell .ca less than a year (had handful before). This is also my first sale that started with LinkedIn. I do know the idea for his business, but won't disclose that until he is up and running.

Bob

Congratulations! You can use those funds for renewals at dynadot for registrations and transfers and of course for auctions also.

•••

m 1 m . o r g

- sold yesterday for $899, Afternic BIN, Fast-Transfer ($719 net)
- registered for $9.17 with GoDaddy
- hold time 4 months

{This domain was in "Pending Sale" status for a week or so in my Afternic account, then disappeared from that section still being available on Afternic market. Two days later was sold at BIN.
I had several times such cases when "pending sale" status domains did not sell, seems like buyers just put domains in the cart and abandoned. I hope Afternic representatives do follow up with those potential buyers}

Attachments

• m1m.org_sale.png
    m1m.org_sale.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
•••
Bermuda.uk

$500

Hold time 2 weeks

Cost approx $6

•••
I stopped sharing my Domain names Sales details for the last three months due to various issues arising out of it, I need to mention one particular sale that completed this morning. I am pleased to announce here my First Sales at DAAZ.com Marketplace. Transaction finished within hours and got payment too. Hats off to their smooth transaction channel.
Name: Cellphonia.com
Venue:
Daaz.com
Purchase price:
$ 106
Sale price: $ 200
Net: $ 184

Last edited:
•••
I stopped sharing my Domain names Sales details for the last three months due to various issues arising out of it, I need to mention one particular sale that completed this morning. I am pleased to announce here my First Sales at DAAZ.com Marketplace. Transaction finished within hours and got payment too. Hats off to their smooth transaction channel.
Name: Cellphonia.com
Venue:
Daaz.com
Purchase price:
$ 106
Sale price: $ 200
Net: $ 184
How come your net is $184?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Daaz.com charges 8% commission. And I get it by PayPal FULL amount, without any deduction.
My friend, since you acquired the name for $106, and you sold it for $200, your net should be $84. Or I missed something?

•••
My friend, since you acquired the name for $106, and you sold it for $200, your net should be $84. Or I missed something?
$ 184 I meant after DAAZ'S$ 16 commission. 200 - 16=184 NET amount received.
Is that clear now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back