IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cat // Warehouse /// com

$499 Afternic Fast Transfer

Purch here on NamePros a few years ago, as part of a bulk lot for an avg of $4 each. I did very well with that particular lot, including a Squad Help sale of one of them.

•••
Tanager :xf.smile: org
Sale price: $995
Venue: Afternic BIN
Purchased in January via GD Closeouts

•••
Vacationer/org Apr 15th
- sold for $495, direct email request/inbound, PayPal invoice payment, they paid PayPal transaction fee of $15 as well;
- reg. $20.17 (Expired Domain Auctions, GoDaddy) + $12.17 renewal;
- hold time 12 months, was expired for a couple of days, renewed when got email from buyer {anyways I was going to renew}; Interesting details, - GoDaddy put a note inside my account, like "please renew, do not loose it, because market value is $2,410"; but their own valuation page when I checked, showed around $1,600...puzzled...

Initial offer was $395, plus $20 as they said for renewal.
Buyer/company said at first this domain will not be used or re-sold (other than forwarding to their "developed" website, which they did not provide when had been asked). They sent me a comprehensive analysis on valuation, based on different resources/tools. Because my counter offer was much higher, pointing to current .net, .co, .io listings prices on Afternic.

They also claimed they owned a trademark in travel area. I checked the US database, it turned to be true, but their filing date was like 40 days ago, Apr 5th (I registered this domain a year ago). Did not want to argue with them, just asked for best offer.
Overall they sounded professional in their emails though.

Last edited:
•••
Bngio.com
Reg. on dynadot: $6,99 (3/2020)
Sold on ebay auction: $34 (4/2020)

•••
Sale Information
Domain: HubSet.com
Venue: SquadHelp
Price: $2199
Net: $1484 (The SH commission was 32,5%)
Date sold: 8th May 2020
Date listed: 15th of April 2020

Acquisition Information
Date: 3rd September 2018
Venue: NP - Fixed Price
Cost: $59 + 1 transfer($4) = $63

I bought this domain here, almost 20 month ago. I liked it instantly and I had a good feeling about it.
I had it listed at DAN, but it wasn't receiving many visits.

Last month, I decided to try Squadhelp, after having read good comments here.
Four of my domains were listed as Premium, and this one was sold after 3 weeks.
When I submitted this domain, I had set the price of $3500, but SH rejected my submission and proposed me the price of $2399 which I accepted.

So, the listing price was $2.399 and 3 weeks after I received a message from SH team that they had an offer of $2000, and the buyer was asking for a better price. They recommended me to put the price at $2199, which I accepted. After 10 minutes the sale was closed.

This was my first sale in SH. I really like this platform. They have great customer service, beautiful free logos and the domains they get very good exposure, either through search or through the contests. Also I participated in some of their contests, which is quite enjoyable.

Attachments

• HubSet_sale.jpg
    HubSet_sale.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 243
•••
•••
Domain: Clean/Bolt// dot com
Price: $2299
Net: $1551
6 installments / my first installments sale
Cost: handreg + 2 renewal

Background info: handregged in 2018, was listed on BP. Removed the name after 1,5 years.
Listed on SH for a month, I believe the Covid situation could have helped the sale.

In April this year I decided to build a little portfolio on SH, currently 44 names listed. I would suggest to let other creatives to submit your names to contests: 2 days after someone submitted my name to a contest the domain has been sold / contest likes can be a good feedback from real end users even there is no sale /

3rd sale ( also rejected a $900 offer on an SH rejected name) in 5 month with a .com portfolio of 155 ( i don't count the lottery ticket investments of other extensions bought on promo) Sell through for this period 1.9%. In case I could sell two more names this year I would be happy with the performance. My portfolio is slowly growing by reinvesting 100% of the earnings.

I would like to express my gratitude to my domainer friends @kaposzta , @Recons.Com, @AbdulBasit.com for the support and advice along the way and the entire Namepros commodity for sharing valuable info to shortcut my learning curve.

•••
Domain: Clean/Bolt// dot com
Price: $2299
Net: $1551
6 installments / my first installments sale
Cost: handreg + 2 renewal

Background info: handregged in 2018, was listed on BP. Removed the name after 1,5 years.
Listed on SH for a month, I believe the Covid situation could have helped the sale.

In April this year I decided to build a little portfolio on SH, currently 44 names listed. I would suggest to let other creatives to submit your names to contests: 2 days after someone submitted my name to a contest the domain has been sold / contest likes can be a good feedback from real end users even there is no sale /

3rd sale ( also rejected a $900 offer on an SH rejected name) in 5 month with a .com portfolio of 155 ( i don't count the lottery ticket investments of other extensions bought on promo) Sell through for this period 1.9%. In case I could sell two more names this year I would be happy with the performance. My portfolio is slowly growing by reinvesting 100% of the earnings.

I would like to express my gratitude to my domainer friends @kaposzta , @Recons.Com, @AbdulBasit.com for the support and advice along the way and the entire Namepros commodity for sharing valuable info to shortcut my learning curve.

Very happy for you. The most credit goes to you, your hard work and keeping open mind.

•••
HighKind /(com) sold last week via BrandBucket - $5,295. The timing couldn't have been better.

•••
Domain Name: Herofic .com
Sale Venue: Squadhelp and Afternic
Seller: Me (NameFather / Design7)
Sale Price: $ 1199

All the best!

•••
Bus/Shelters/.com
Sales price: $927 via NameLiquidate
Purchase price: $500 in private deal
Hold time: 6 months

Listed this for sale Monday morning on NameLiquidate and it sold in less than 12 hours. Very pleased with my experience and will be using this service more.

Last edited:
•••
Beginner/.io
Sales price: $765 via Flippa
Purchase price: $250 on NP
Hold time: a little over a month

Thanks to @BuyBrandWeb.com for brokering this domain for me. I highly recommend his services.

•••
•••
Just sold my handreg -internet of health. com- for 12k. Hold time 5 years

•••
dan? congrats, what a great sale

•••
•••
•••
•••
ozonol /// com

$499 Afternic Fast transfer

I don't have record of how I acquired it.

Last edited:
•••
Sold Amanda.Best $59

Sale Venue Afternic

Purchase price $1.99

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats! most likely the enduser comes from .ai

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back