IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Was this sale preset with the 12 month option or did they negotiate that with you ?
I have option of 12 month installment plans , no negotiation. My Total Number of listings on SH are 109 now. Its my 2nd sale.

•••
Domain name: Pro-Sport.com
Platform: GoDaddy auction
Acquisition cost: $47 ($35 registration fee for expired domain + $17ish for 1 year renewal)
Hold duration: Around 1 year and 7 months
Selling price: $145

•••
Sold this week: Ready///Room///.org

$1499 via Afternic BIN (gross)

Edit: been half year in storage

Funny thing this one was listed for that sum by error (price was lower). Got another offer for $100 on Dan almost at the same time and fortunately avoided a big mistake by a thin margin.

Still wondering... what was the sudden trigger for this particular name that day?

•••
Still wondering... what was the sudden trigger for this particular name that day?

1. Music group
2. Star trek
3. Avaition
Great sale, congrats!

•••
1. Music group
2. Star trek
3. Avaition
Great sale, congrats!

If you ask me, definitely Star Trek :xf.smile:

Anyway it's a thumbs up for .org domains. My portfolio is mostly .com's, well surprisingly my .org sales this year are higher than .com so I'm shifting some extra attention (and purchases) to .org.

•••
Sold TripFluent/com
Marketplace: SH
Selling Price: $1699
My cut: $425
Acquisition/cost: $0
Name was registered and renewed by SH since: 03/08/2017
Background: I've been with SH for quite a longtime. Ever since it was just a platform for us Creatives who came up with brandnames, logos and taglines for different startups and companies. Before it became a marketplace for external domains/domainers. It's actually through squadhelp that I first heard of domaining, I think this was thanks to a comment by @hawkeye and so began my foray into the domaining world almost exactly 2 yrs ago. I've sold several domains ever since I started. Most I haven't reported here due to confidentiality agreements with buyers. However, I've still not yet matched the amount of money I made as a creative back in the day in SH...took a lot of hardwork and brainstorming sessions but it was fun as hell!
P.s: If you follow @Michael Cyger, Efty, or DNAcademy. He introduces you to a great way of making money with SH at no costs. Which is one beautiful thing with SH marketplace. The above sale is an example of such.

When you say 'Creative' you probably mean participating in SH Contests?
And if it's not a secret, what was your (aprox.) profit per year as a creative only?

•••
When you say 'Creative' you probably mean participating in SH Contests?
And if it's not a secret, what was your (aprox.) profit per year as a creative only?
Yes, in SH lingo we were/are creatives. I won't say how much I earned/yr by participating in the contests but there is no cost (Starting or Carrying cost). So it only depends on how many contests you will win that year, and how much was the prize for each contest. It does however costs your time, which is why I'm largely into domaining nowadays as opposed to participating in the contests. In a way, domaining is more "idle", comes at a cost but can be more rewarding and profitable if done right/ if your stars align.

•••
Vir*City.com $3000 Gross/$2730 Net

Marketplace and parked, landing page at Epik.
Received an offer $3000 via Epik parked landing page, accepted an offer. Domain purchased and funds deposited within 25minuts!
Bought in 2014 for $105 at GD exp auc +5y renewal.
I recommend Epik as very fast, smooth and the best Marketplace and registrar for domainers.
Thanks Rob for great job!

•••
betrue.co.nz - $550
feelinggood.eu - €275
nbes.co.uk - £125
poltech.eu - €500

•••
October 2019
L/i/b/r/a/r/y/O/f/C/o/n/g/r/e/s/s .org

Bought 2014 Snapnames - $69
5 years reg fee about $60-$70
Approximately $100 in parking revenue

Sold Afternic - $1600
Received $1280 after fees

---------------------------------

November 2019
h/e/m/p/y/o .com

Bought October 11, 2019 expired names auction Dynadot - $21

Sold Squadhelp - Asking $2299. Sold for $1999
Premium Listing
Received $1399 after fees
Listed 5 weeks, had only 3 or 4 shortlists and maybe 200 views.

edited to add premium listing and asking price.

Last edited:
•••
My one and first 5g name
Regged 5gdistrict after it sold

5Gtransport//com
$599
Reg+1yr renewal(transfer)
Venue: GoDaddy auction

•••
My one and first 5g name
Regged 5gdistrict after it sold

5Gtransport//com
$599
Reg+1yr renewal(transfer)
Venue: GoDaddy auction
was it a user auction on godaddy? How long the auction took to sell?

•••
Play/cent//com
Via Dan.com
$300
listed 50 days.
Seed/Player//com
via dan.com
$350
listed 3 month

Last edited:
•••
virtual////music////studio////com
Sales price: $1,999 USD

Sales Venue : afternic.com
Registrar : Godaddy.com
Hold time : 1 year 11 months
Purchased Price : $20 + 9 renewal

•••
Play/cent//com
Via Dan.com
$300
listed 50 days.
Seed/Player//com
via dan.com
$350
listed 3 month

Congrats. What ur portfolio size ?

•••
•••
I had two inbound sales with Uniregistry brokerage which have been paid out this Tuesday (also Uniregistry). Both names were parked with them (Uniregistry lander), the listing type was Make-offer with a minimum bid of 500 USD.

Domain name: Duty3 .com
Sale date: 21.11.2019
Sale price: 1,000 USD
Sale fee: 175 USD
Purchase venue: GoDaddy Auctions (Closeouts)
Purchase date: 25.06.2018
Acquisition cost: 5 USD auction fee + two renewals = ca. 22 USD
Details: This is another example for the value of a broker.
Not that the price would be that sensational. I want to talk about staying power. There were two months of endless negotiations back and forth after buyer´s initial offer of 500 USD and my counter which was higher than the sale price. If I had to pay the broker for his work I couldn´t afford this deal. And without a broker I am not sure if I successfully closed this deal myself. Because in longer negotiations I could start to be ironic or rude or just close them in an angry impulse.

Domain name: MissKoko .com
Sale date: 22.11.2019
Sale fee: 175 USD
Purchase date: 13.09.2015
Acquisition cost: 5 USD auction fee + five renewals = ca. 48 USD
Details: You may wonder why I bought and kept this name. I bought it because it was taken and developed in another extension, so when would they discover that they could improve by using the .com? I kept it because of some traffic on the parking page and several inquiries which I killed by too ambitious pricing.

Last edited:
•••
I had two inbound sales with Uniregistry brokerage which have been paid out this Tuesday (also Uniregistry). Both names were parked with them (Uniregistry lander), the listing type was Make-offer with a minimum bid of 500 USD.

Sale fee: 17.5%
Not that the price would be that sensational. I want to talk about staying power. There were two months of endless negotiations back and forth after buyer´s initial offer of 500 USD and my counter which was higher than the sale price. If I had to pay the broker for his work I couldn´t afford this deal. And without a broker I am not sure if I successfully closed this deal myself. Because in longer negotiations I could start to be ironic or rude or just close them in an angry impulse.

Details: You may wonder why I bought and kept this name. I bought it because it was taken and developed in another extension, so when would they discover that they could improve by using the .com? I kept it because of some traffic on the parking page and several inquiries which I killed by too ambitious pricing.
Congrats on the sale. Isnt the commission there 15% of it is brokered?

•••

Congrats nice inbound sales.We should appreciate your patience

•••
Isnt the commission there 15% of it is brokered?
You are probably right. They have a minimum fee of 175 USD which I translated into percent. Will try to edit and change my post.

We should appreciate your patience
Thanks, yes I am kinda collector but if you collect the wrong names for too long costs are eating you up. I am experiencing this, too.

•••
T r e e T r i m m i n g O r l a n d o .COM
sold for $200
hand reg yesterday $7.49 EPIK, sold today 30 min after outbound
asking price $200

•••
T r e e T r i m m i n g O r l a n d o .COM
sold for $200
hand reg yesterday $7.49 EPIK, sold today 30 min after outbound
asking price $200
awesome. Congrats on a quick sale. can you educate us with your outbound strategies?

•••
•••
•••
accountric///com
Sales price: $2,995 USD

Sales Venue : Brandbucket.com
Registrar : Godaddy.com
Hold time : 1 year 2 months
Purchased Price : $18 + 9 renewal. Namepros

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back