NameSilo

Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Labeled as various in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by RJ, Apr 19, 2005.

Replies:
Views:

1. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

NetSol?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. OnlineDomainShop

OnlineDomainShop Screamers.Com Gold Account VIP

yes ... Fast transfer method

3. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

4. Domainnya

Domainnya Member VIP

C/o/n/n/e/c/t/U/p/ .co

Venue: Squadhelp
    Price: $1,799 ($1,999 original price with a $200 discount)
    Acquisition: handreg
    Hold time: 3 months

5. Peak.Domains

Peak.Domains Established Member

Social // Media // Event dot com
    $600 afternic BIN

If I recall correctly, purchase price was about $25 from an expiring auction about 2 years ago.

I have the plural version too (ends with 'events', I'm going to toss an even lower BIN on it for a few days and see what happens.)

I've been playing around with pricing, dropping some names to levels that I think are too tempting for people to pass up if they stumble across it. Definitely leaving some money on the table if you've seen my other recent sales posted here, but my sell through % has been incredible.

Until a few days ago, this name was priced in the $1200 range. I wonder if lowering it is what got it sold, or if this end-user would have bought it anyways. Would they have paid 5k? 10k? I'll never know.

It seems like good inventory is getting harder to come by, so I'm likely going to try leaving more names un-priced. It's nice to get $600-$900 sales fairly regularly on a portfolio that's only had about 30-40 names in it until very recently...

But if I'm pricing things at tempting BINs, I'll never break through and get my first sale over 1k, let alone those multi-thousand dollar sales. Anyways, thanks for reading, I like to ramble a bit and give my perspective when something sells, I'm still very inexperience and always open to feedback.

6. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

Can I suggest waiting for the WHOIS refreshes with the new owners info (assuming it is not placed on privacy) and market the plural to them. Going direct you avoid the market commission and they would probably want to protect a competitor from getting it.

7. Bertrell

Bertrell Cannabolical Gold Account

It was a make offer listing. There wasn't a fixed price.

8. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Gamut.io $700

DAN.com

opening offer $250, it was easy to do research on the buyer, distinctive, uncommon name, I could not imagine why he wanted Gamut.io, I countered at $888 he came back $700, I accepted.

Purchased at Name.com in their expiring names, for the lowest price rung for .io $58.99 on 4/30/2019.

9. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

Beagle / .cc $299

Via Afternic BIN

Purchased it right here on NamePros, in the Bargain bin for $5 in mid June

10. mAd MaX

mAd MaX Established Member

No offense... your counter was bit low...I would have countered $2500 at least, it's a dictionary word and .io buyers are all tech companies... recently got an offer on two Crypto words combo .io name of $100 countered $20k...now at $1100 will sale higher but the buyer is reluctant... anyways, congrats

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  11. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I cared nothing about the name, wanted it gone, and from researching the person I don't believe they were ever coming anywhere close to $1,500 let alone $2,500. I am happy with 11x on names that mean absolutely nothing to me.

12. Leo Angelo

Leo Angelo Domaincracy Gold Account Blue Account VIP

13. Keukatodd

Keukatodd Upgraded Member Gold Account

Domain Name: I/n/s/I/d/e/S/h/I/p/p/I/n/g in King 9/19

Acquired: 9/18 Netsol Hand Reg :xf.wink:

Venue: Sedo Make Offer / Initial $50 offer and got up to $600 but I pushed for $1000 and went cold for 2 weeks. Offer then came in for $300 and thinking it was same buyer I countered at $600. They countered for $500 and I agreed. $100 lesson learned..

Profit: Less the $75 Sedo Fee and the Reg:xf.wink:

14. DnFolk

DnFolk Top Member VIP

15. SamirAz86

SamirAz86 Established Member

Congratulations!!! I just tried to check this domain with appraisal tool and it showing this domain name is worth nothing! Also keyword tool shows zero results in monthly searches! This sale is showing to us we have to be focused on our own intuition! This name is catchy and someone will want to own it too!

16. NameBour

NameBour Account Auto-Closed

Congrats.

17. koolkr

koolkr Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

For each sale, would be interesting to know if there are any additional expenses incurred on premium listings, if any

18. varmuk

varmuk DomainGenic VIP

19. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

20. Ariff BD

Ariff BD Account Auto-Closed

21. fitkhan

fitkhan Established Member

Hi,
    Posting some recent and past personal sales after a very long time.

some domain sales.jpeg

Almost all Afternic sales were BIN and DAN sales were make offer listings. Most of the sales were result of outbound emailing. Bought some average domains in 2016 and 2017 on high prices so was happy to let them go on less profit.
    Current portfolio is under 200 domains. 75 .com domains and the rest .co or .info domains i bought in promos. Not buying .co anymore because of .co premium pricing. Few months ago i had around 200 .co domains and i let them expire. Most of them bought at 0.99 GD promo. Focusing more on brokerage nowadays.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  22. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

Anybody relying only on the tools you mentioned isn’t doing this right. Appraisal tools mean nothing especially with brandables.

23. OnlineDomainShop

OnlineDomainShop Screamers.Com Gold Account VIP

Did you got paid ?

24. willtord

willtord Established Member

Domain: Cognac (dot) IN

Purchase price: $40 May 2019

Sales Price: £2522 GBP ($3145)

Sales Venue: DaaZ.com - another super smooth transaction that was completed in less than a day including funds arriving in my bank.

25. A G CHAUDHARI

A G CHAUDHARI Established Member

upload_2019-9-24_10-22-9.png

Sold Outserved.com for $2299 on SquadHelp. Buyer purchased domain through 6 month payment plan and first installment received.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice