IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Artelier.com

I paid $1,225 on GoDaddy in August 2017.

I thought it was an amazingly brandable name. A word play on ART + ATELIER.

I added the domain on Afternic with asked price moving between $9,995 to $12,995.

Only one month later, in September 2017, I received a $1,500 offer. I rejected it. The person made another offer at $3,000 and I also rejected it. Few talks but end of that story.

After a while, I kept the domain on Afternic, but parked. So I was no longer able to receive offers directly. People had to call Afternic.

After a year, I did not receive another offer on the name. Started to regret rejecting the $3K offer since I am no longer in the domain industry.

But last week, in November 2018, just over a year after purchasing the name, a person from Afternic contacted me regarding the domain saying they have been discussing with a potential buyer and they wanted to know if I was flexible on my asked price. We talked a bit.

Few days later .. Boom !! Received an email .. Domain Sold !

Sale price : $6,750
Net (after fees) : $5,487.50
Net profit : $4,262.50

This represents my biggest profit on a single domain sale.

The nice thing is that I am no longer in the industry, I only have a few domains left to unload. So it is nice to get that sale, especially just before Christmas.

•••
Artelier.com

I added the domain on Afternic with asked price moving between $9,995 to $12,995.

Only one month later, in September 2017, I received a $1,500 offer. I rejected it. The person made another offer at $3,000 and I also rejected it. Few talks but end of that story.

After a while, I kept the domain on Afternic, but parked. So I was no longer able to receive offers directly. People had to call Afternic.

After a year, I did not receive another offer on the name. Started to regret rejecting the $3K offer since I am no longer in the domain industry.

But last week, in November 2018, just over a year after purchasing the name, a person from Afternic contacted me regarding the domain saying they have been discussing with a potential buyer and they wanted to know if I was flexible on my asked price. We talked a bit.

The nice thing is that I am no longer in the industry, I only have a few domains left to unload. So it is nice to get that sale, especially just before Christmas.

that is great to get your biggest sale as basically one of yoru last sales.. unless you plan to return one day.

its like a ncie farewell gift.

this is just perfect example that in domaining you never know what you will get.. and when... but also that owning higher quality names... (which often means paying 3-4fig for them intiially)... often results in better results down the road.

ARTELIER is nice play on words as you said.. plus it actually exists in urban dictionary.. it is no coincidence people bid this up to 1200 on gd earlier.

merry xmas and gl with your new projects.

Last edited:
•••
I've been domaining for over a year with Israeli extension domains, and just 2 months ago started with COM and NET domains.
I didn't sell any international domain yet, but I just sold a domain with Israeli extension. ( I hope I'll report a com sale very soon! )

Hand regged ( $10 ) back in June, I caught this domain the day it was expired.
Crypto Currency // co .. il
$200

•••
Last edited:
•••
mazel tov, but I think that domain was worth more. Still, a sale is a sale. :-P
Mazal tov* :D

Thank you! It was probably worth more, but I really want to get rid of all of my .iL domains and start focusing on international ones

•••
•••
Sold Domain VizBiz.com in brandpa @ 2495 USD
Purchased : 105 USD at gd make offer
Holding Time : 2 Month
it was my most aged domain 26 years old.
loved this name but anyway sale is sale

•••
Sold Domain VizBiz.com in brandpa @ 2495 USD
Purchased : 105 USD at gd make offer
Holding Time : 2 Month
it was my most aged domain 26 years old.
loved this name but anyway sale is sale
Your portfolio size of BP?

•••
•••
Instill.xyz
Afternic Fast Transfer
Sale Price: $99 11/23/18
$0.99 Hand reg 11/17

Sorry, this was a BIN and not fast transfer. .XYZ isn't even part of the fast transfer program lol.

•••
•••
Sold 62TL.com on Godaddy.
Kept it on sale for more than 7 months. Selling came as a surprise to me as I was thinking that being a newbie i wasted my money in it.
Bought and renewed for $35.
Sold at BIN price of $200

•••
This is your suggested price or brandpa suggested price ??
suggested price was 3095 usd then they started promotion and like 20 percent discount for black friday and its sold in 2495 usd

•••
W o n d e r B e a m . c o m
$450 Afternic BIN listing

•••
•••
•••
Arabi////xyz
Undeveloped
795 GBP
Regfee

Slacker////xyz
Undeveloped
500 GBP
Regfee

DataScience////xyz
Undeveloped
1100 USD
Regfee

Videography////xyz
Uniregistry
1250 usd
Regfee + Renewal

•••
Arabi////xyz
Undeveloped
795 GBP
Regfee

Slacker////xyz
Undeveloped
500 GBP
Regfee

DataScience////xyz
Undeveloped
1100 USD
Regfee

Videography////xyz
Uniregistry
1250 usd
Regfee + Renewal

good stuff for xyz!!!

couple questions plz:

over which timespan are these sales roughly?
bin or makeoffer?
how many xyz do you hold as your strategy for selling xyz? ty.

•••
Humans////xyz
Undeveloped
1750 usd
Regfee

Zeni/////xyz
Undeveloped
1200 usd
Regfee

Rethink///xyz
Undeveloped
1000 usd
Regfee + Renewal

Crea////xyz
Undeveloped
610 usd
Regfee

•••
good stuff for xyz!!!

couple questions plz:

over which timespan are these sales roughly?
bin or makeoffer?
how many xyz do you hold as your strategy for selling xyz? ty.

Past 30 days
BIN + makeoffer
1000+

•••
Josh/////xyz
Namepros
500 usd
Regfee + Renewal

Katrina////xyz
GoDaddy
1495 usd
Regfee

•••
Josh/////xyz
Namepros
500 usd
Regfee + Renewal

Katrina////xyz
GoDaddy
1495 usd
Regfee

I must say your results are spectular for this extension.
which I think we all know is not so easy to sell and or popular.

from the circle of people I am familiar with, you are by far the top xyz seller.

hope it keeps up for you in future. all the best.

•••
Humans////xyz
Undeveloped
1750 usd
Regfee

Zeni/////xyz
Undeveloped
1200 usd
Regfee

Rethink///xyz
Undeveloped
1000 usd
Regfee + Renewal

Crea////xyz
Undeveloped
610 usd
Regfee

Nice Sales.
Hold Time On These Please?
Outbound / Inbound?
Thank You

•••
Nice Sales.
Hold Time On These Please?
Outbound / Inbound?
Thank You

Some are Regfee sold within first year.
Regfee + renewal means they were sold next year.
All are inbound.

•••
Artelier.com

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in! 😁

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back