IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It appears this thread has had quite a few issues recently with staying on-topic. Please keep in mind that in order to post in this thread the minimum requirement is to post the full domain name, the sale price and if you own the domain. If you are not able to post the minimum criteria please post in the following thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-and-report-any-details-of-domain-name-sales.998009/

Also keep in mind that post padding comments like "Great sale", "Nice job", etc. are not allowed as well and we encourage you to use the like or thank button.

Moving forward all post padding comments will be issued a rule reminder after the post is deleted and all moved incomplete sales post will also receive a rule reminder.

Please do not quote or reply to this notification. Doing so would just take the thread off-topic again and may result in an official infraction.

Thank you for understanding.

•••
Domain: VennEnergy.com
Date Sold: January 27, 2018
Listing Price: $499.00
BIN GoDaddy Premium Listing
Hand Reg 2007

•••
Domain name : just sold F/u/n/d/e/e/n.com
Venue : brandbucket
Sale price : $2390
Purchase price : handreg for £1 plus one renewal( held for 13 months)

Last edited:
•••
feb 6 - storm cap . com $1,588 - $19 3/2017
feb 8 - glitter flakes . com $988 - $6 9/2017
both Afternic BIN (Fast Transfer DLS)

•••
E-Education (.) co $50 Small sale via GD

•••
I/n/f/o/c/e/t/e/r/a dot com
SEDO
$160
Not mine

•••
Sold i/M/u/s/i/c/N/e/t/w/o/r/k/./com for $623
Buyer reached via mail..I redirected them to Undeveloped for secure transaction for both side.
Bought for $12.....and 1 yr renewal.

•••
hologramu...com........ $130 flippa makeoffer.. 2017regfee

Last edited:
•••
YQC. // .INFO

BIN. Afternic

Hand regged on drop in 2015
How much?

$288. I forgot to post it

•••

medici dot co ... $5k

Sold via Afternic, BIN
Handreg in Nov 2017

mochi dot co ... $3k

Sold via Afternic, BIN
Handreg in Oct 2017

---

Summary of this sub-portfolio that I've been running for last 7 months:

The .CO hand-regs portfolio operates as a numbers game - something that I've been testing on the side. I'm spending about $1.5k/month on expiring/deletes and it's making 2.5x on average. Not quite retirement money, but it provides contribution towards portfolio renewals in exchange for a reasonable time investment (1 to 1.5 hours per day). Over a six month average, it's approx $2k profit per month (after Sedo/Afternic fees but before tax) for 40 hours of work each month.

And some detail about methodology below:

I've developed a specific strategy that drives my buying/regging decisions. On the whole, it ignores one word vs two words and focuses on a range of other factors, many of which are detailed in this post:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-567#post-6484675

I'd love to provide a specific step-by-step guide to how I do it, but that will dilute any small advantage that I have ;) However, I'll do my best to explain in more detail.

The purpose of the method is to look for .co domains that have a higher propensity to sell. To estimate sale-propensity, I've hypothesised that propensity increases with the likelihood of a domain pairing against the name of an existing business entity. This means going beyond traditional keywords and focusing more on business names that are widely used. (Note: this doesn't ever mean going after a specific businesses, especially a trademarked or unique brand. It is simply the search for a generic word or set of words that is commonly used as a business name).
With that in mind, if you have one word rather than two, it generally increases the breadth of application and reduces specificity. However, sometimes that exactness contains that brand value and those two words have more meaning than one alone. Eg. Cold vs ColdWallet

In the list shared above by @AbdulBasit.com , the domains 'StockBridge', 'BookKeep' and 'BrightMedia' mean nothing to me but they came up in my daily search list. I manually validate around 30 domains each day from this filter (search list). It takes between 1 and 3 minutes per domain in the list and I end up buying between 5 to 15.

As an example: during validation, the data says that Stockbridge is taken in most major tlds and there are 25+ matching business names on Linkedin (ignoring any companies that haven't uploaded a logo).
A quick search on the People tab on Twitter shows that it's also surname. The disambiguation page on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockbridge) lists a range of locations in UK & US that also share this name, so the potential business count increases because lots of business names include city/town/village. A final search on Google (for stockbridge*.co*) validates it's occurrence on/within a range of domains across the first two or three pages. Even if it isn't an existing entity that buys the domain, the broad usage of the term within company names also gives a higher likelihood that in the future, new entities might also contain 'stockbridge' in their name.

For me, when a domain isn't a .com, it doesn't matter that a domain is keyword rich or has great PPC.
I also expect the value of direct type-in traffic to any .co to be minimal. The importance of keywords in the domain for SEO/SERP ranking is debatable as well, so I focus away from that too.
My experience has been that if the .co doesn't match a generic business name, it makes it harder to sell. This is true even if it is keyword rich and/or highly descriptive of the primary activity or product of the business.

Linking some additional things that I've previously shared about .co below:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dot-co-confusion.1033963/#post-6293060

Lastly, don't forget that it's still a numbers game... whether you have 100 domains or 10,000. So the method above improves my inventory sell-through-rate but I still have plenty of domains that I reg which end up getting dropped or renewed at a higher cost!

Last edited:
•••
Sold:

Name: l/o/q/q/•com
Venue: Brandpa (negotiated)
Price: $3400.00
Acquired less than 2 years ago for low $xxx

•••
Name: cc // mm in net
Venue: Pheenix Auctions
Price: $300

•••
Sold k/o/d/z/y in king.
I really like it's connection to codes, coding..
Hand reg last year, should have expire next week
Inbound (offer through Bodis page)
$250 through Paypal
First sale of the year!

•••
alexanderthegreat....info.. gd makeoffr $45... 2017 regfee

HoloSmartphone...com..$400..flippa makeoffr...regged 10 days ago

•••
alexanderthegreat....info.. gd makeoffr $45... 2017 regfee

HoloSmartphone...com..$400..flippa makeoffr...regged 10 days ago
You put it on basic $1 listing rite? or is classified listing still free on flippa ?.

•••
You put it on basic $1 listing rite? or is classified listing still free on flippa ?.

not too sure about the wordings they have... I just put all flippa domains I own at 1$ + makeoffer ... no buynow.. and I do it by clicking ADD MORE DOMAINS. when I visit any of them it does say CLASSIFIED DOMAIN on listing page.. but again, I am not sure what that means in terms of flippa wordings or listing types. hope this helps.

p.s. and yes, all these listings are free.

•••
Amazon-Crypto .com

My 1st or second hand reg (as you can probably tell by the TM and hyphen) forgot I had it on Afternic and it sold for $150 lastnight :)

Thought I was gonna let this one expire!!!

•••
Sold culture /// werks <dot> com for $850, bought on promo for $1 less than a year ago, private sale

•••
Sold WINLTC.com for $88 within 4 days of registration!

Put for sale on DynaDot, recieved $40 offer, countered with $149, accepted $88 offer :)

Dynadot is WONDERFUL, so so so happy since I switched from GD to Dynadot. 0 sales EVER on GD (about 5 months time) vs 2 days with A QUARTER of my names on DynaDot, and I get 2 sales in 1 day!

•••
•••
always fun to get rid of some $2 .info regs.. sometimes we have the fortune and vision to predict what keywords an enduser may want.. in this very difficult to sell extension! with time and practice, our results can become more than just pure luck! :)

oldschool..info.. $60... godaddy makeoffer..... handreg $2 in 2017

•••
Hi,

i started dealing with domaining 3 years ago, but after several unsuccessful sales I gave up.
A three months ago I tried again and found some good domains however I still did not make any sales though I tried. A month ago I decided to try another domain before I quit domaining, and I succeeded, sold my first domain. I have to point out that until now for 4 domains I had inquiries and bids but at the end of each sales failure and the buyer would stop responding to my messages, it all discouraged me. This way I would like to thank all members of the forum who helped me in any way because without all of you I would not succeed, This sales gave me the power to continue to deal with domaining.

And now some information about the sale:

Domain name: CarpetCleaningJackson.com
Sale venue: Outbound
Seller: Me
Asking price: $200
Sale price: $200
Purchase venue: Hand registration
Purchase price: $8
Details:
I contacted about 50 potential customers, one was interested and agreed to the price. He immediately paid me $200 on my paypal account but did not want to open the account at the registry where my domain was located so we waited for the domain to exit the domain lock period and then made the transfer to his registrar.

Thank you once again and wish you good luck and success :xf.smile:

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. :smuggrin:

•••
This little one is my easiest ever....

jstreeservices.co.uk

Former client of mine, didn't pay me after I renewed for them* - emailed three other companies who go by the same name.

Sold for £100 ($138) 2 hours later
Bank faster payment (instant)
transferred via GD push
Profit £85

Total transaction time 3 hours, from email to push.

*gave them 6 months grace

•••
Domain name: SellCryptoCurrency.org
Sale venue: NamePros
Listing type: BIN/Make Offer
Seller: Me
Sale price: $65
Purchase venue: GoDaddy
Purchase price: $8

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back