IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In that case, could a buyer claim to paypal( in case they used paypal) for refund and win? And you lose money and domain? I always wanted to know what happens if a scammer claim for money once he/she has the domain, interested to kno how legit domainers should do in that case or what proved needed, thanks.
I dont think it will. I had a similar sale from NameSilo. It was strange but went through. Never heard again.

•••
In that case, could a buyer claim to paypal( in case they used paypal) for refund and win? And you lose money and domain? I always wanted to know what happens if a scammer claim for money once he/she has the domain, interested to kno how legit domainers should do in that case or what proved needed, thanks.
Namesilo also has automatic refund, in this case you lose just 26 cents
I mean mistaken handreg

Last edited:
•••
I hope the buyer didn't make the same mistake as you did, thinking he bought CryptoCoin instead of CrytpoCoin.com. That will be painful for him
The market is strong enough that a typo like that can command that kind of money in present dollars, the right spelling would be many multiples more. Brandbucket built their entire business model on such phrases.

•••
The market is strong enough that a typo like that can command that kind of money in present dollars, the right spelling would be many multiples more. Brandbucket built their entire business model on such phrases.

If it was Crytpo.com, an end-user might have paid $2000. But it's a 2 word typo it was definitely bought by mistake.

BTW, crytpo.com is available for sale for 6900 PLN, i.e $2025 USD

•••
Don't think I posted these from last week...sold a few 4L.com..

w/z/t/i/./c/o/m - $200
c/w/x/i/./c/o/m - $200
r/r/t/u/./c/o/m - $240

I sold all three on Namejet. Didn't make much but wanted to use the funds for something else.

•••
just sold
Domain name
: charla.org
Sale venue: sedo bin
Seller: Me
Sale price: $450 (360 received 90 commission)
Prchase price - $5
charla means chat in spanish .
hand rig sep 2017.
thank you.

•••
I sold my misspelled domain name for $2.000 (few months ago).

The story:
In September 2017 I was looking to handreg one crypto domain name, so I was trying different keyword versions. I did that for 1-2 hours and didn't find anything good. Then I found a "great name" in .com and I didn't realize why no other extension was taken, and then a strange fever grabs you, and you think - I should register this before anyone else... And I did.
I have registered on Namesilo the domain name Crytpo//Coin .com and the next day I have realized what mistake I have made. I was angry and I was ashamed of myself, how can I make such a foolish mistake?!?!?!
I didn't listed him anywhere, not on my website, not on other marketplaces (Sedo, Afternic), but somehow I have listed for sale on Namesilo Marketplace, make an offer listing.
And I forgot about this name.
In December I have received an email from Namesilo saying that I have an $2,000 offer for Crytpo//Coin//.com , and I was thinking this is a false offer, because 1 month later I have received also on Namesilo Marketplace a $10K offer for a 4L .com and the buyer didn't make the payment.
I enter on my Namesilo account and I didn't know what to do... I didn't wanted to negotiate and then I hit the Accept offer button. I have received $1,850 ($150 was Namesilo fees, 7%).

Domain name: Crytpo//Coin// .com
Sale venue: Namesilo
Sale price: $2,000
Purchase price - $8

Please note - I would not usually do this but as this domain is a two word dot com with the first word a misspelling of the word crypto and the second word coin and in dot com etc

I know exactly what the seller went through as I also tried for about the same amount of time to find a crypto coin and there is simply nothing available it has all been bought and at on for investment

After trying to find a similar word in crypto with coin in it and in dot com etc

I bought

Criptacoin.com

For approx £12

Which I still have

Mods - only mentioned because both domains and the thinking behind buying them are so so close and similar etc

•••
Domain: L/A/B/L/Y/T/I/C in king
Venue: BrandBucket
Sell Price: $1995
Net proceeds: $1295
Bought 3 months ago from GD closeout for $20 after original seller let it expire.

•••
Domain: Rubywork in King for 999$ Bin on sedo
Sold 55 Days after Hand reg.

•••
Domain: L-4.com
Purchase Date: April 2016
Venue: NamePros
Purchase Price: $365
Sold: January 2018
Venue: NameJet
Sold Price: $500
Gain/Loss: 14% gain after all expenses

•••
Praetorianinsurancecompany in king
purchase : Hand reg
sale: $99
Platform: Undeveloped

•••
Sold Door-Steps.com for 150 USD . Contacted buyer directly .

•••
BTCoinHub.ccom
Sold for $50 on flippa.

Hand reg’d. Feel I could’ve got more for this but, profit is profit.

•••
Sold I/C/O/I/n/v/e/s/t/o/r/s/./c/o/m $1250
GD Auctions
Hand reg 06/2017

•••
Sold I/C/O/I/n/v/e/s/t/o/r/s/./c/o/m $1250
GD Auctions
Hand reg 06/2017
Congratulations! Did you use any pay tool to advertise further tour auction like premium listings etc? Or just summit with no reserve?
Thanks

•••
Congratulations! Did you use any pay tool to advertise further tour auction like premium listings etc? Or just summit with no reserve?
Thanks

Got a $1000 offer and pushed to auction with no reserve. Explained the sale in the "Best Crypto" thread

•••
Sold IDN Domain
Domain name: ğ [dot] com (xn--tea [dot] com)
Sale venue: Sedo
Sale price: $475
Purchase price: Regfee

•••
Sold IDN Domain
Domain name: ğ [dot] com (xn--tea [dot] com)
Sale venue: Sedo
Sale price: $475
Purchase price: Regfee
Wow! How long did you have it listed? I know of a few free idn domains

•••
•••
my first 2018 sale. payment not received yet.:xf.smile:

Domain name
: B/i/t/c/o/i/n/C/a/p/i/t/a/l/s in king
Sale venue: Gd premium listing
Sale price: $225
Purchase price - $10
net profit- 180$

•••
S/E/L/E/C/T/E/D/L/Y/ DOT C/O/M/

fasthosts reg in feb last year

afternic BIN 399 NET

•••
Amazon-Crypto.com
My FIRST ever hand reg (as you can tell with the hyphen/tm issue)

Had a buyer contact me directly through whois and offered $200 :)

Surprisingly, I have been contacted about this name before, but turned down my previous $200 offer cause I was an idiot. After months of trying to rid this name for even $50, I was emailed randomly by another buyer, this time it was a short and sweet email that read “Hello, I can give you $200 and no more for this name”

Took that sh*t IMMEDIATELY lol my biggest sale and i’m thrilled! I see people making 2k sales multiple times a week but let me tell you, this $200 sale was imparitive for me, not much cash but hey a 20x return on my investment is always something to be happy about. I’ve been having a very hard time selling names for anything but $xx prices.

This marks my 10th name sale however

Last edited:
•••
2 sales in one night, that most be first time for me.

It has been CRAZY start for 2018 - 7 domains sold already

L/U/N/A/T/I/O/N.com
SEDO
Buy now $4888, was sold for $4888
Was SEDO MLS sale. Woke up in moring, domain transfered, credit note in account. But 20% fee.
Creation date is 2000, was pre-relase win for $300 in snapnames in 2010

G/U/N/S/P/O/T.COM
SEDO
Buy now $3500, Sold for $3500
Shows creation date 1998, some kind pre-relase in 2006 or so for $60
This one has had some offers before.

Last edited:
•••
2 sales in one night, that most be first time for me.

It has been CRAZY start for 2018 - 7 domains sold already

L/U/N/A/T/I/O/N.com
SEDO
Buy now $4888, was sold for $4888
Was SEDO MLS sale. Woke up in moring, domain transfered, credit note in account. But 20% fee.
Creation date is 2000, I think some kind PRE-Relase auction again in 2006 or so for $60.

G/U/N/S/P/O/T.COM
SEDO
Buy now $3500, Sold for $3500
Shows creation date 1998, I think some kind PRE-Relase auction again in 2005-2007 or so for $60.
This one has had some offers before.

2 sales in one day feels incredible. I remember few months ago playing video games all day and then I checked my email and saw a $12999 sale, then I started playing video games again and after a few hours there was a $4999 sale. Both through AfterNic. Awesome :xf.grin:

•••
Amazon-Crypto.com
My FIRST ever hand reg (as you can tell with the hyphen/tm issue)

Had a buyer contact me directly through whois and offered $200 :)

Surprisingly, I have been contacted about this name before, but turned down my previous $200 offer cause I was an idiot. After months of trying to rid this name for even $50, I was emailed randomly by another buyer, this time it was a short and sweet email that read “Hello, I can give you $200 and no more for this name”

Took that sh*t IMMEDIATELY lol my biggest sale and i’m thrilled! I see people making 2k sales multiple times a week but let me tell you, this $200 sale was imparitive for me, not much cash but hey a 20x return on my investment is always something to be happy about. I’ve been having a very hard time selling names for anything but $xx prices.

This marks my 10th name sale however

Good point made

It's not so much what domains sell for its what they mean to buyer and or seller and this sale will I assume go some way to getting your portfolio liquid eg profitable which will give you more confidence in choosing names that sell and what you think you can sell them for etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back