IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hope I am not repeating a question, but I am curious to ask where do you redirect all yoru typein visitors? is it some afternic sale lander? parking company? your own site? thanks

No problem! The low priced ones up to $1500 - I point directly to Godaddy. The ones over $1500, I used a basically: parking page + organge strip at the stop, which currently points to Uni make offer. I'm going to change that to Afternic form very soon as it's too much hassle to get the price all the time. I also have a few sites and 301 those ones straight in. BrandBucket is of course BrandBucket.

Last edited:
•••
A acquisition like ledger.org can never do wrong..... Top TLDs and ...if u can analyse the domain ...u can never be in loss

If the business were anything other than domains, I would probably agree with you. But, from what I see, the further away you get from a .com, the less likely you are to have such assurances, regardless of what you pay for it. And as at @boker points out, it may take time. Unless you're eternal, time is money.

•••
ABC // Cleaners dot com

Sales price - $100
Sales venue - namepros
Purchase price - $35, about 1.5 months ago
Purchase venue - namepros
auction ??

•••
a/l/l/n/./c/o/m

Purchased: 5/2017
Price: $400*
Sold: 1/2018
Sale Price: $750
Venue: NamePros
Sale Type: Make Offer (12 hrs after listing)

* I bought this in a batch. This was the last one. Actually my combined profit was higher.

•••
Bitcoin .wales
Sold at (date): Today
Price: €995 ($1190)
Sold at (venue): Undeveloped.com​

•••
•••
•••
LTD0 com

Sold for $75 on Flippa.

Had a reserve of 99, got an offer for 60, countered with $75 and sold.

Hand Registered about 2 months ago for $10.17

My Fifth sale so far, hope to make more; and hopefully bigger budget sales

•••
•••
I generally buy drops and tend not to bid. But the odd time I do. My biggest bid this year was CoolFood.com at around $1600. The odd time I make purchases on the market, and that's usually a disaster.

I like your cool food domain

I so want free food dot com but haven't got a clue who owns it or how much they would sell it for

But I want to do a straight swap like for like for free food dot com

•••
z/d/o/x/./c/o/m

Purchased: 12/2016
Venue: Namepros
Price: $300

Venue: NameJet
Price: $560

•••
B/i/t/c/o/i/n/A/c/c/t/./c/o/m

Hand Registered: 3/2017
Price: $5.99

Price: $500

Last edited:
•••
B/i/t/c/o/i/n/A/c/c/t/./c/o/m

Hand Registered: 3/2017
Price: $5.99

Price: $500

*This was cool because F/r/a/n/k/S/c/h/i/l/l/i/n/g bought it. hehe :)

Looks like auction is still going. 16 more hours to go.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I like your cool food domain

I so want free food dot com but haven't got a clue who owns it or how much they would sell it for

But I want to do a straight swap like for like for free food dot com

Thanks, yes, they are both nice adjective-nouns. The eMail on Free // Food even in privacy will still get thru to the registrant.

•••
That's some sweet business, great sales @domainer111 , congrats!

The only one that makes me scratch my head is

15/11/2018 namejet.com s/a/ve/mo/ne/yo/nli/ne/.c/o/m 150 22.5 127.5

That's an obvious undersell imo, I think this would get priced from low $x,xxx upwards in any domainer's book :)

A shame you listed this at NJ where names mostly go for reseller prices.

Yes, I have to agree, that was a great bargain. But to a large company, you could say that about a lot of them?

•••
T/o/k/e/n/A/d/v/i/s/o/r/./c/o/m

Hand reg: 6/2016
Outbound negotiation
Sold: $3000
Escrow.com

Last edited:
•••
J/U/N/./io ($300)

Picked up a couple of months ago on the drop, got a low xxx offer a few days after I registered. Went back and forth with the buyer for a while but he wouldn't do more (#personalproject #collegestudent).

Listed on Flippa recently and invited him to bid on it, but bids didn't reach mid xxx reserve on two listings so he sent me another offer on Undeveloped which I took. Meager sale, but profit is profit, moving on.

•••
Domain name: klik.media
Sale venue: uniregistry BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $995
Purchase price - $6.50 (22 Sep 17)

•••
Domain name: klik.media
Sale venue: uniregistry BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $995
Purchase price - $6.50 (22 Sep 17)
Great sale! You are killing it with ngTLDs I have noticed. Congrats!

•••
@kerala is skillful in ngtlds. I still can't figure out the pattern of his domains

•••
@kerala is skillful in ngtlds. I still can't figure out the pattern of his domains
He holds a very large portfolio of ngtlds. It is a simple numbers game.
No pattern here AFAIK.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back