Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain Name : Pacax [.com]
Sale Venue : Afternic
Sale Type : BIN + Make Offer
BIN Price : $295.00
Sale Price : $295.00 ($236.00 after fees)
Purchase Price : $19.47 ($11.00 at GD Closeouts + $8.47 for renewal)
Purchase Date : June 20th 2017
Net Profit : $216.53

EDIT:
Do you think $295 is a good BIN price to set for 5L brandables or I would be better increasing it a bit. I have other similar good pronounceable 5L that I recently acquired and I am wondering if I should bump the price higher.

I've sold 8 5L brandables in the past year or so, prices ranging from $1,300 to $4,000. If a company needs a name, they will pay for it. I definitely think you can increase your prices a bit.

Last edited:
•••
I've sold 8 5L brandables in the past year or so, price ranging from $1,300 to $4,000. If a company needs a name, they will pay for it. I definitely think you can increase your prices a bit.

Also just wanted to add that, they are all inbound inquiries / direct type-in traffic. When they came to me, they already knew that they wanted those names for their businesses.

•••
Also just wanted to add that, they are all inbound inquiries / direct type-in traffic. When they came to me, they already knew that they wanted those names for their businesses.

Can you share your sales?

•••
Sold DefendWise.com on Brand Bucket for $1795. Purchased here on NP for $50

•••
•••
REP...ONE.....inbound email.....$500.... 2015 handreg

•••
Do you think $295 is a good BIN price to set for 5L brandables

I tend to think no. You need a 3.6% annual sell-through rate to cover renewals at that price.

However, if that is low enough to entice resellers to buy, then you are creating a whole new potential buyer class and maybe that could justify it.

•••
Domain Name : Pacax [.com]
Sale Venue : Afternic
Sale Type : BIN + Make Offer
BIN Price : $295.00
Sale Price : $295.00 ($236.00 after fees)
Purchase Price : $19.47 ($11.00 at GD Closeouts + $8.47 for renewal)
Purchase Date : June 20th 2017
Net Profit : $216.53

EDIT:
Do you think $295 is a good BIN price to set for 5L brandables or I would be better increasing it a bit. I have other similar good pronounceable 5L that I recently acquired and I am wondering if I should bump the price higher.
I would tend to agree with the other posters that have replied to the thread - if a company is truly interested in the brandable that you've offered, they will part with $x,xxx to get it. By offering it at low $xxx you're devaluing your potential.

Stay hungry!

•••
Couple of small sales

EduGrader for $100 (.com)

Registered it at Fasthosts for £1 in March, partly because it kinda sounds like educator.
Someone submitted a $100 offer through Bodis, and I decided to simply accept it. Probably should have countered at least a little bit - oh well.

iTrain for $500, $350 to me (.net)

Bought it here, also in March, for $40 plus an $11 transfer fee.
Someone emailed me asking if I'd sell it, but my price was too high, and he didn't respond, even after I followed up once.
A while later, I asked a member here to call him for me, and they got him to offer $500. Since it was such a small deal, and they were able to make it happen, they got $150.
I liked this domain and think it could have sold for low four figures with a BIN if I had waited long enough, but a decent return within a few months was good enough for me.

•••
Small sale just paid today:

Plus ///// L .com

Sale Venue :
Afternic-Godaddy FT
Sale Type : BIN
BIN Price : $299.00

Again had been higher and then reduced.

•••
August is panning out to be a good month so far.

Island / Bid / .com $599

BIN Afternic

Regged on drop last Dec

•••
Celebrated(dot)com - Sold 7,500 (Private)
BargainBuys(dot)com - Sold 2,650 (Flippa)

•••
Celebrated(dot)com - Sold 7,500 (Private)
BargainBuys(dot)com - Sold 2,650 (Flippa)

Congrats, nice domains!
May I know how much time and money did you invest in these ?!

•••
Congrats, nice domains!
May I know how much time and money did you invest in these ?!

Hi Emmy, i bought BargainBuys here on Namepros about a couple of months back for 1,200 and as for Celebrated, i bought it as a private deal via email (Also a few months back for 3,750).

Not much of a profit, as i still believe these went for a discount, but not bad for a few months profit.

Last edited:
•••
Proud to disclose my first four figure sale!

Domain Name: Parking/Lot/Design[dot]com
Sale Venue: Private
Sale Type: Outbound
Asking price: $1250.00
Sale Price: $1100.00
Purchase Price: $10 (hand reg)
Purchase Date: December 2016

Contacted about a dozen end users on this one.

Initially contacted the senior marketing executive of the buyer's company in February 2016 and heard no response, even after following up.

Tried again in June of 2016, since they seemed the best fit for the name; however, this time I contacted a lower level marketing exec and heard back the same day with a request for a price. I quoted $1250, he said his project lead asked if $800 would be possible. I held firm at first but eventually came down to $1100. Didn't hear back for a couple weeks while they "crunched the numbers". Finally followed up with a phone call at the end of July and got the confirmation of the deal then.

Transfer is in progress.

Last edited:
•••
This weeks flippa sales (so far)

FreelanceGigs .c o .m $2,000 (paid $79)
FreeUploading c o .m $200 (paid $69)
TopTenCoupons c.o.m $200 (paid $69)

•••
This weeks flippa sales (so far)

FreelanceGigs .c o .m $2,000 (paid $79)
FreeUploading c o .m $200 (paid $69)
TopTenCoupons c.o.m $200 (paid $69)

Didn't you pay for the premium auction as well?

•••
Didn't you pay for the premium auction as well?

When you become a super seller and premium seller (usually after $50,000 in sales) on flippa you get an acct manager. You get the option to have your acct manager apply upgrades to your listing if you agree to pay a higher commission for success fees.

•••
Furnizz.com $499

BIN Afternic

Hand reg on drop January 2017

•••
Proud to disclose my first four figure sale!

Domain Name: Parking/Lot/Design[dot]com
Sale Venue: Private
Sale Type: Outbound
Asking price: $1250.00
Sale Price: $1100.00
Purchase Price: $10 (hand reg)
Purchase Date: December 2016

Contacted about a dozen end users on this one.

Initially contacted the senior marketing executive of the buyer's company in February 2016 and heard no response, even after following up.

Tried again in June of 2016, since they seemed the best fit for the name; however, this time I contacted a lower level marketing exec and heard back the same day with a request for a price. I quoted $1250, he said his project lead asked if $800 would be possible. I held firm at first but eventually came down to $1100. Didn't hear back for a couple weeks while they "crunched the numbers". Finally followed up with a phone call at the end of July and got the confirmation of the deal then.

Transfer is in progress.

Few Questions?

How was your outbound email? Long with describing all benefits, ppc, estimated search etc for that domain or short (2-3 sentences)?

Did you use gmail for sending email or self-hosted email?

Did you include your linkedin profile/contact number at the end of email etc or just name

•••
•••
Domain Name: 01410[dot]net
Sale Type: Efty Inbound Offer
Asking price: Make Offer
Sale Price: $800
Purchase Price: $40 - Bought here on Namepros around a year ago

I had an email come in via my Efty landing page offering like $50 for the domain but the buyer stated in the offer "i need this domain" ...so I emailed him back asking for $800 and sent him to a Sedo Buy It Now page for escrow purposes and secured the sale at the Sedo website after he agreed to the price.

•••
Few Questions?

How was your outbound email? Long with describing all benefits, ppc, estimated search etc for that domain or short (2-3 sentences)?

Did you use gmail for sending email or self-hosted email?

Did you include your linkedin profile/contact number at the end of email etc or just name

My first email is always short, just letting them know the name is for sale and to contact me if they're interested. I only provide those extra details if they ask for them (doesn't happen often).

I always email from my self-hosted email (from my Efty domain portfolio site).

No LinkedIn profile, but I do always include my picture in the signature, along with full name, business name, and phone number.

•••
Domain Name: BOAT[dot]us
Sale Type: BIN on SEDO
BIN price:
£ 5757 / $7421
NET income: £4387 / $5655 ( after fee payment + VAT for SEDO)
Purchase Price:
$49 in 12 July 2017 - SOLD in 10 aug. 2017 when buyer accepted BIN price

P.S.
This i dedicated (with all respect) for a old member of Namperos - he offer me $100 for Boat.us
and he refuse to pay my lowest price arround $ 1750

4858.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name: BOAT[dot]us
Sale Type: BIN on SEDO
BIN price:
£ 5757 / $7421
NET income: £4387 / $5655 ( after fee payment + VAT for SEDO)
Purchase Price:
$49 in 12 July 2017 - SOLD in 10 aug. 2017 when buyer accepted BIN price

P.S.
This i dedicated (with all respect) for a old member of Namperos - he offer me $100 for Boat.us
and he refuse to pay my lowest price arround $ 1750

Show attachment 66895

amazing sale and roi

where did you buy it for 49?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back