Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
W / O / R / K / S / O / M / E / .COM

Medium $X XXX via BrandBucket. With that, my yearly turnover on BB is about 11%.
Probably would have got more had it not been at BB.

Already forwarding to Worksome.dk.

Nice sale though.

•••
Drove.com

$18,500. Closed today.

My first sale!

•••
Drove.com

$18,500. Closed today.

My first sale!

well then.. if that's your first sale.. then I sure look forward to hearing bout your 100th or so sale ;)

congrats.

•••
Drove.com

$18,500. Closed today.

My first sale!

Honestly, your Domain is really worth that figure or even more.. I'm sure it isn't your hand-reg and if it is, it is probably going to be almost the same age with the Internet. LOL

Please, provide more details about the sales if possible. How, Where,... did it happen? I'll go crazy if my first sale is half of this. ** Patiently waiting :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Drove.com

$18,500. Closed today.

My first sale!

Wow!

Awesome!

How did you acquire such a great name?

And please tell us more about the sale.

•••
Still, an 11% sales return is impressive!

I meant my overall BB portfolio turnover (what percentage of my BB domains has sold) is at 11% this year. I bought this particular domain for $69.

Thank you for going into such detailed analysis on this sale, I myself don't even bother anymore. I only list a given domain name on BB if I think they can significantly increase the odds of a sale. The lower probability of type-in traffic, the better off the domain name is with BB instead of my standard landing page (I don't do parking).

My experience with an after-sale analysis on BB names is not great (buyers are not eager to share any details).

•••
Honestly, your Domain is really worth that figure or even more.. I'm sure it isn't your hand-reg and if it is, it is probably going to be almost the same age with the Internet. LOL

Please, provide more details about the sales if possible. How, Where,... did it happen? I'll go crazy if my first sale is half of this. ** Patiently waiting :xf.wink:

Hello!

I actually bought it from a broker a month ago for $14k to use for a project. Ended up having no time to develop it. All the meanwhile I was receiving inquiries, however no solid offers.

Then in early December, a broker from Sedo contacted me with a hard offer from his client. I accepted.

I want to say the buyer was Chinese, only because the server logs had a lot of Chinese IPs from Beijing. Right now, the Whois points to a private reg so will be interesting to see what is done with it/who the buyer is!

Meanwhile, I'm on the hunt for another good one!

•••
Hello!

I actually bought it from a broker a month ago for $14k to use for a project. Ended up having no time to develop it. All the meanwhile I was receiving inquiries, however no solid offers.

Then in early December, a broker from Sedo contacted me with a hard offer from his client. I accepted.

I want to say the buyer was Chinese, only because the server logs had a lot of Chinese IPs from Beijing. Right now, the Whois points to a private reg so will be interesting to see what is done with it/who the buyer is!

great domain and good roi on it! nice job! as always... money makes moneeeey! ;)
gl with yoru next sales!

•••
62790_daabadaf8db03729eb221a8ca2b27d9d.png

$1,295 Afternic Premium (was listed at $1,595)

Got the money less than a week after the sale.

My only hyphened domain ever.

Hand Reg using godaddy coupon for $1, Transfered to Uniregistry and renewed it once.

Attachments

• Logomakr_40HdAm.png
    Logomakr_40HdAm.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 45
•••
AMUG.com = $5500

Purchase Price = $1521 (November 10 2016)

I did not list anywhere. Got Phone call from Afternic Broker on November 15 2016 with offer of $3000. I rejected offer and said my expectation is high. In mean time I did my little research and found out the average price for A+LLL(where LLL is dictionary word) around $5000-$10000 and more for super premium items.

I got call again within 2 days with offer of $3500. I said my expectation is Mid-High $XXXX. I explained my reasoning to him why my expectation in that range. I told him to convey my message to interested buyer.

Little more back and forth same day and we end up agreeing with the price of $5500. Not bad ROI in 1 week without any other effort from my side.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
AMUG.com = $5500

Purchase Price = $1521 (November 10 2016)

I did not list anywhere. Got Phone call from Afternic Broker on November 15 2016 with offer of $3000. I rejected offer and said my expectation is high. In mean time I did my little research and found out the average price for A+LLL(where LLL is dictionary word) around $5000-$10000 and more for super premium items.

I got call again within 2 days with offer of $3500. I said my expectation is Mid-High $XXXX. I explained my reasoning to him why my expectation in that range. I told him to convey my message to interested buyer.

Little more back and forth same day and we end up agreeing with the price of $5500. Not bad ROI in 1 week without any other effort from my side.

Thanks

Great sale!

Where did you pick it up?

•••
•••
Hello!

if sedo post their sale price to
dn journal it would show the mark up sedo made on the sale which could be quite a bit

it could be bought as a typo of drone as looking at a qwerty keyboard look how close v and n are with only the letter b between them and drone s being a massive trend at the mo

•••
•••
Hello!

Congrats!! That Little Heavy ROI!
Sometimes You'll find a sale when you were doing something else :)

•••
Drove.com

$18,500. Closed today.

My first sale!

Wow congratulations :) im still trying to get my first sale. lol

Where did you originally get the domain from?

•••
if sedo post their sale price to
dn journal it would show the mark up sedo made on the sale which could be quite a bit

it could be bought as a typo of drone as looking at a qwerty keyboard look how close v and n are with only the letter b between them and drone s being a massive trend at the mo

Drove = Past of Drive

•••
It has been quite a while since I posted anything in this thread, or the forum in general, for that matter. I have been in a rather dormant state as of May this year, domaining wise, having registered only a few dozens new names and having dropped many, many more since.

Anyway, without further ado, only two sales to report in the second half of this year:

Domain name: O m n i V i r t (d o t) c o m
Sale venue: Brandroot
Listing type: BIN
Listing upgrades: None
Sale price: Low to mid $XXXX
Purchase venue: Hand reg
Details: Registered in May this year, sold at listed price

Domain name: A i r a c o (d o t) c o m
Sale venue: Brandroot
Sale price: Not too low $XXXX
Details: Registered in May this year, sold after negotiations at roughly 85 percent of originally listed price

Even though this year turned out to be slower than I hoped for, sales wise, I am in the black all in all and there are no domains in my collection that are in need of renewal until late September next year, so nothing to really complain about. After all, this is just a hobby for me and not losing money is an added bonus.

Now I need to go back and like all the sales on the last 50 pages, or so, of this thread :)

•••
Had 5 deals recently (2 pending payments)

VR****.com
Price : $600

Purchase price $35
VR + Keyword
inbound

6N .com x10
Price : $2000

Sold to Chinese buyer

•••
Bio (-) Pellet . com

$699 USD
Afternic BIN

Purchase price $1,99 USD

•••
Recent VR sales

Domain name
: AVRmobile.com
Sale venue: GD Premium Listing
Sale price: $195
Details:

Domain name: BestBuyVR.com
Sale venue: GD Premium Listing
Sale price: $98

I've sold 4 x LLLL.com ($2099) 3 x different members on NP BIN Auction :xf.smile:

•••
inspiring stories . Thanks Gene!

•••
Domain name: z * e . c o m
Sale venue: GD Premium listing
Listing type: Buy it now
Listing upgrades:
Seller: Me
Asking price: $60,000
Sale price: $60,000 (11/2016)
Purchase price: $2,050 (4/2013)

•••
Listing upgrades:

GR8 sell. Gr8 ROI.

ThumbsUp

•••
Listing upgrades:
Very, very nice. Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back