Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Since some guys asking more details I’m going to share all the possible details about this deal.

Domain name: NDA signed (Two keywords, 10L, Brandable .COM)

Sale venue: Private sale. Outbound
Asking price: $50,000
Sale price: $25,000
Purchase venue: Godaddy
Purchase price: $3XX

Details: I acquired this domain six weeks ago, after few hours of acquiring I contacted this potential buyer, His first offer was $21K and then we agreed on $25K. They took almost six weeks to complete this.

Estibot professional appraisal ($50 paid) of this domain was $20K (Its truly valuable domain) Therefore its clear they didn’t over paid for this, but I acquired it for low price ( i was willing to pay upto 5K, but no one showed much interest). Domain was originally registered in 1999 and they owned the trademark since 2014 as a result of acquisition. I did my research and it finally paid off.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@cillx Congrats on the sale man! Very inspiring! :)

•••
Since some guys asking more details I’m going to share all the possible details about this deal.

Details: I acquired this domain six weeks ago, after few hours of acquiring I contacted this potential buyer, His first offer was $21K and then we agreed on $25K. They took almost six weeks to complete this.

Estibot professional appraisal ($50 paid) of this domain was $20K (Its truly valuable domain) Therefore its clear they didn’t over paid for this, but I acquired it for low price ( i was willing to pay upto 5K, but no one showed much interest). Domain was originally registered in 1999 and they owned the trademark since 2014 as a result of acquisition. I did my research and it finally paid off.
How come you were not sued. Because the name was registered (1999)before trademark (2004).i want to know please . Can someone educate me on this ?

•••
A few sales this month include:

Audio-Equipment dot co.uk - £125
WeBuySilverCoins dot com - $300
CompetitorPriceMonitoring dot com - $200 (my first end user sale to Serbia)
PremiumStockPhotography dot com - $350
InternationalOceanFreight dot com (pending sale)
CTWeddingPhotography dot com - $300 (yesterday)
HealthClubManagementSoftware dot com - $300 (today)

Total cost of above names: less than $50.
Nothing outstanding, but they all add up.

•••

You are the king of long tail domains

•••
Darts.io
Sold to an end user for $2800 through Sedo about a week ago.
Hand registered in 2015.

I like darts too - wouldn't have bought at end user price and or hand reg back then but good to see $'s in .io

•••

They are great for SEO especially the 3 word .com s but people won't type all the three words in as Google predictive text in search engine search box will have brought up those domains long before a person has typed two of them in to Google

great roi

•••

love it :)

•••
HumboldtParkCondos/com
Sold: $99
Paid: $7
Godaddy BIN premium listings.

Not bad for a sale under a year I guess.

•••

Classic! Congratulations.

•••

How is the .net market, I noticed back in the day, you used to sell many more high keyword .net's? Has .net gone cold with the end users?

•••

The market must represent something current, as $20K domains do not usually sell for $300, especially these days.

•••
•••

The market must represent something current, as $20K domains do not usually sell for $300, especially these days.

Yes, May be i was lucky. So are you jealous on that :P

By the way while I'm negotiating with buyer managing director of one big brandable domain marketplace emailed me and asked me to list down this domain on their market place for buy now price of $4XXX! Which clearly shows lot of people kept eye on it.

•••
Yes, May be i was lucky. So are you jealous on that :P

By the way while I'm negotiating with buyer managing director of one big brandable domain marketplace emailed me and asked me to list down this domain on their market place for buy now price of $4XXX! Which clearly shows lot of people kept eye on it.

No, need to get jealous, sometimes
You get lucky, sometimes you get a udrp, playing with trademarks is a dangerous game, you should consider yourself lucky. Many people here will tell you the same thing. Without knowing the name, it really means nothing. But $20,000 retail domains rarely get a pass at $300, unless there is a underlying flaw, or registered mark involved.

The fact you emailed offering them the domain against one of their registered marks represents bad faith. This is often the issue, likely you have very little assets of recourse to lose, or reputation. Others are more worried about such factors, and will not engage in bahviour that could be represented as bad faith if legal action is brought forward.

So what you got an email from M Krell asking you to list your domain on brand bucket he sends them to everyone, If you like paying 30 percent commission that is your right.

Last edited:
•••
I sold MarijuanaPlus.com for $700
3yr old hand reg
inbound inquiry

Also sold 420tourz.com for $88
BIN at GD
picked up last year- GD expiring auction- $10

•••
No, need to get jealous, sometimes
You get lucky, sometimes you get a udrp, playing with trademarks is a
dangerous game, you should consider yourself lucky. Many people here will tell you the same thing. Without knowing the name, it really means nothing. But $20,000 retail domains rarely get a pass at $300, unless there is a underlying flaw, or registered mark involved.

The fact you emailed offering them the domain against one of their registered marks represents bad faith. This is often the issue, likely you have very little assets of recourse to lose, or reputation. Others are more worried about such factors, and will not engage in bahviour that could be represented as bad faith if legal action is brought forward.

So what you got an email from M Krell asking you to list your domain on brand bucket he sends them to everyone, If you like paying 30 percent commission that is your right.

Interesting post

i can see the sale from both sides of the coin

the seller i reckon did well congrats

the buyer could have gone down the udrp route but it appears the buyer used a good dollop of old fashioned common sense in as much as it was a domain they wanted it was valued at slightly less than they paid but it was a domain they obviously wanted enough to pay that kind of dough for

they could have paid the legal profession initially which seller would have been made to pick up the legal bill in a udrp loss

but instead they chose not to go down the legal route and pay the going rate to seller which i think is the way to go for the survival of the domain name industry

the buyer also needs a big pat on the
back

Last edited:
•••
I have been primarily marketing .COM to end users over recent times - but I should mix more with .NET as there are plenty of excellent "end-user quality" keywords that become available each week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back