Dynadot

question Buyer needs "purchase agreement" for domain sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cillx

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I'm middle of domain sale with one big American company and they need a "purchase agreement" from me. Can somebody explain me what is purchase agreement? and how to obtain one? Do you think its really necessary to have one? If it's not necessary how to communicate it to buyer? Please help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I recently sold a domain to one indian company and they also had asked me for sale agreement at first i also was apprehensive but since i am also from india. it was easy to buy indian stamp paper and got agreement signed by lawyer about domain sale with every detail like price mode of payment name and details of buyer seller etc and i took its xerox and sent its print out online to the company via email. they were satisfied and made the payment, and later as per the deal i sent the original papers to them via courier. so it worked for me fine. i think more or less it can work out for you in a similar pattern. only thing here the buyer company is american so ask them that how they want the sale agreement to work out.

Last edited:
•••
Very handy info to remember not heard of that being required before tho

•••
Just type "free invoice maker" on google - edit any of those to look like a semi pro invoice. Save as pdf. send it.

Done.

•••
I recently sold a domain to one indian company and they also had asked me for sale agreement at first i also was apprehensive but since i am also from india. it was easy to buy indian stamp paper and got agreement signed by lawyer about domain sale with every detail like price mode of payment name and details of buyer seller etc and i took its xerox and sent its print out online to the company via email. they were satisfied and made the payment, and later as per the deal i sent the original papers to them via courier. so it worked for me fine. i think more or less it can work out for you in a similar pattern. only thing here the buyer company is american so ask them that how they want the sale agreement to work out as domain sale generally dont have any agreement but sale is done via online marketplace and escrow service.

Many thanks for the reply. Did you send it prior to payment?. In my case this American company owns trademark of this name and i'm afraid to send them purchase agreement to them.

•••
Many thanks for the reply. Did you send it prior to payment?. In my case this American company owns trademark of this name and i'm afraid to send them purchase agreement to them.

Yes prior to the payment i sent them the photocopy of the agreement i also attached the quote on printout that payment is pending for a safe side. also since i was directly in contact with their MD of the company. i didnt feel any risk. It all worked out smoothly.

•••
You can attach a quote on the printout of the agreement that payment is pending.

•••
you may be able to send an invoice through paypal

•••

Attachments

• Domain-Name-Purchase-Sale-Agreement.rtf
    42.5 KB · Views: 84
•••
•••
@DomainVP - What stands out to you about this agreement?

•••
Last edited:
•••
A sales agreement and an invoice are not the same thing.

•••
Noted for later use. Thanks for useful info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back