IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice sale, congrats, So was this hadreg or purchase ? And did you contact / email the endusers ?
picked it up as a dropped domain this february and registered it with one of these promo code then. offer came from undeveloped.com from 110, then to 180 euros which he said that was the max he can offer. well i accepted

•••
Thanks for quick reply @IKENNAOBI good ROI, keep it up and best of luck for future..

•••
....seo.com, Gross/Net: $2500/ $2125
at DNS
invested $120 in 2014.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Learn/Digital/Marketing .com - $1500

•••
•••
Q o d u s ( d o t ) c o m sold earlier this month for not too low $xxxx.

That was my 4th Brandroot sale all in all and 3rd since mid-May this year. Would be great if my BrandBucket domains followed suit, but that venue's been dormant for me so far. Fingers crossed though :)

As for particulars of the sale, it was a regular listing (as always in my case => cheap bastard), which I received an inital offer for at roughly 70 percent of listed value (which was maxed out, that is base value plus 20 percent, because I liked that name very much ... and still do).

I insisted on max price though and then a new offer came in at roughly 85 percent of max listed value. Buyer said that it was their last offer and after extensive deliberation with myself I decided to accept it.

•••
•••
Yesterday I sold DigiTrаfficAссelerаtоr.соm for $6 in Flippa Auctions (No Reserve, $1 start)

•••
Sold P/E/O/P/L/E/M/A/T/I/C dot com on sedo for $560. (bought the name on June 9th)

Got an opening offer of $200. I countered with $2k. They countered with $250. I countered with $1500. They countered with $300 ("i hope you can consider this offer"). I countered with $1200...

At this point I looked at their sedo history. They signed up this month. So they probably just signed up to go after this domain. Then I looked to see what other extensions were reg'ed. They reg'ed the .net and the .org the same day they made the initial offer.

Dang.

So at this point I have two choices. I either come way down near their price and make the sale, as I'm only getting them to slowly budge upwards. Or I just stick to my number and wait it out as they probably REALLY want this domain. How long would I have to wait? One week? One month? One year? If they don't buy this name...will anyone ever? All things to consider.

Their counter.... $400 ("Thank you. Please consider this offer.")

I counter with $888. A huge compromise on my part but still enough to make me feel good about paying most of my rent.

No response for 4 days.

So I email the whois owner of the .net. I made my choice and I want to make this sale.

He says yes it was him making the offer on Sedo but he couldn't possibly do the $888. He asks if I'd accept $500.

I explain that Sedo is going to take $60 from me, so I'm setting the BIN price to $560. He can do the transaction directly through me or if he feels more comfortable, we can still go through sedo. A day later he hit the BIN.

I wish I was in the position right now to just hit "cancel negotiation" at $1200 and sit back and wait, but my model right now requires me to keep flipping domains so I can keep buying and be able to pay the bills while I wait for some bigger sales on my more expensive names.

Sorry I blew it domainers, but I just paid some bills paid and now I'm going domain shopping.

Cheers.

Bobby

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I sold DigiTrаfficAссelerаtоr.соm for $6 in Flippa Auctions (No Reserve, $1 start)
Did it cost you $9 to start the auction? And 60 cents fee from the sale?

•••
Sold P/E/O/P/L/E/M/A/T/I/C dot com on sedo for $560. (bought the name on June 9th)

Got an opening offer of $200. I countered with $2k. They countered with $250. I countered with $1500. They countered with $300 ("i hope you can consider this offer"). I countered with $1200...

At this point I looked at their sedo history. They signed up this month. So they probably just signed up to go after this domain. Then I looked to see what other extensions were reg'ed. They reg'ed the .net and the .org the same day they made the initial offer.

Dang.

So at this point I have two choices. I either come way down near their price and make the sale, as I'm only getting them to slowly budge upwards. Or I just stick to my number and wait it out as they probably REALLY want this domain. How long would I have to wait? One week? One month? One year? If they don't buy this name...will anyone ever? All things to consider.

Their counter.... $400 ("Thank you. Please consider this offer.")

I counter with $888. A huge compromise on my part but still enough to make me feel good about paying most of my rent.

No response for 4 days.

So I email the whois owner of the .net. I made my choice and I want to make this sale.

He says yes it was him making the offer on Sedo but he couldn't possibly do the $888. He asks if I'd accept $500.

I explain that Sedo is going to take $60 from me, so I'm setting the BIN price to $560. He can do the transaction directly through me or if he feels more comfortable, we can still go through sedo. A day later he hit the BIN.

I wish I was in the position right now to just hit "cancel negotiation" at $1200 and sit back and wait, but my model right now requires me to keep flipping domains so I can keep buying and be able to pay the bills while I wait for some bigger sales on my more expensive names.

Sorry I blew it domainers, but I just paid some bills paid and now I'm going domain shopping.

Cheers.

Bobby

Thanks for sharing the details of the negotiation and sale. Yea maybe you left some money on the table but maybe not. The bottom line is that psychologically, financially you were not in a position to play hardball. But you got them off their original offer and you closed the deal and made money. Congrats!

•••
neon
kids
.com yesterday on Godaddy $484

•••
Nice sales. :)

But damn... NeonKids, PeopleMatic, Qodus, etc.. Where do you guys even come up with those names? lol Yes, yes, I'm jealous

•••
R e b e l p o s t ...com via Afternic
$1800
hand reg 2 year ago

•••
Nice sales. :)

But damn... NeonKids, PeopleMatic, Qodus, etc.. Where do you guys even come up with those names? lol Yes, yes, I'm jealous

We're in the age of the entrepreneur. Getting good job is out. Starting a business is in.

And they need brand names.

Picking the right ones requires taste and luck. Pretty sure I've developed a stigmatism scanning expiring domain lists this year.

•••
R e b e l p o s t ...com via Afternic
$1800
hand reg 2 year ago

Nice one! Damn, another name I wouldn't have thought of in a million years. lol

•••
We're in the age of the entrepreneur. Getting good job is out. Starting a business is in.

And they need brand names.

Picking the right ones requires taste and luck. Pretty sure I've developed a stigmatism scanning expiring domain lists this year.

Guess it's easier (kinda) scanning expired domains for these odd sounding names then just waking up in the middle of the night and shouting Q o d u s! that's it ;)

•••
M.......n.com, $2500, Whois contact.
Buyer asked price, I wrote $2500 and he agreed.
Invested around $30 in 2014 (GD expired auc $21 + $5 transfer to another registrar).
Buyer sent payment first without escrow service, i pushed immediately.

•••
Invested around $30 in 2014 (GD expired auc $21 + $5 transfer to another registrar).
Now thats an EXCELLENT sale. So smooth. Congrats.

•••

This is really a good sale, and awesome return on 30 USD which you invested. Great going, best of luck for future..

•••
Another Brand
Great sale! Can you tell us the name?

•••
Acc.....info,sold thru sedo for $500

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back