IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guaranteed Real Estate (com) $5000

Published on DnJournal

Afternic Purchase

•••
Dot Com:

SEO
Jax

$229 Sedo buy it now. I had a deal on this name in January that fell through and lowered the price slightly for a quick sale... I renewed the name last week and meant to bring the price back up to the original price but didn't. I guess someone was watching!

In regards to my pricing strategy:

When an enduser see's (or hears) my sales pitch I don't want them to think about it. I price it at a number that is a no-brainer for them to act immediately. Most of my domains are names that weren't registered after the drop and I usually buy them weeks later with discount codes (not the case for this name, GD Closeout).

•••
Last week:

Tv(-)Player for $800 and Motorcycle(-)Wheels for $275. Both .com and through contacting endusers. The first went through Sedo and 2nd through ecop. Both bought from NP for $15 total.

•••
Last week:

Tv(-)Player for $800 and Motorcycle(-)Wheels for $275. Both .com and through contacting endusers. The first went through Sedo and 2nd through ecop. Both bought from NP for $15 total.

Nice returns on those.

Can I ask apart from Search Engines & Whois, do you use any other source to find your end users?

Also, what email service do you use that you seem to get such a high response rate, as I believe the main reason for most people with good domains not being able to find buyers is that their emails do not reach the people they are meant for.

•••
Thanks. Well besides what you mentioned there is namedroppers, owners who bought sensible similar names(check namebio/dnsaleprice), yelp/yp sometimes, depends on the domain mostly but google is the best way.
Google Apps is by far the best email service I used and it delivers if you go with 1 by 1 personalized emails.

Tv-Player sold for 10% of the price of TvPlayer to the same company. Would it be reasonable to take this as a point of reference?

•••
Yes, I've used namebio/dnsaleprice, very time consuming and I've found in majority of cases my domain names are much more sensible ones than the ones which have been sold. So that vindicates that targeting the right buyers is the main part.

That was a daring try selling a hyphenated to a "non" one, most people try it the other way round - I guess it makes more sense as a non-hyphenated domain name owner would have more funds at his disposal, specially if he's a German one :)

•••
FitnessArena(.) net - $250 (sedo)

Have a nice day!

•••
FitnessArena(.) net - $250 (sedo)

Have a nice day!

Great sale for a 2 word .net

Did they find you or did you contact them? If you contacted them, how did you find them?

•••
Great sale for a 2 word .net

Did they find you or did you contact them? If you contacted them, how did you find them?

Thanks,

I was contacted via sedo. The buyer seems to be an enduser since he is a pro bodybuilder.

•••
techpad.net - $600
dnhistory.com - $256

•••
Inner Harmony
org

$250 (pvt sale)

•••
Property Tax Management - - - - - com - $1k

•••
A small sale :

.me C O N C E D E ---> $100 (BIDO)

•••
A small sale :

.me C O N C E D E ---> $100 (BIDO)

That's a pretty good sale for a .me! Not only that, $100 seams like a pretty decent sale for Bido. Congrats!

•••
.com

Cloud/Btc - 250 Euros (about $330) at Sedo, Buy it now price.

•••
•••
b i c i e l e c t r i c a . c o m
$2200. Flippa auction. With BIN

•••
^ as a website or just domain?

•••
macbros сом $680
after 30% godaddy premium commission

•••
•••
Wow... That's great. I guess the domain had some age in it.

I wonder if I can get a good cash for SuperForex in .uk there. I have been contemplating and wonder if anyone would see value in it because the keyword is taken in virtually all extensions.

It's only a few months old by age.

•••
Property Tax Management - - - - - com - $1k

good sell but I think this domain costs more. Even it's so long one.

•••
Wow... That's great. I guess the domain had some age in it.

Nop. Backordered at namejet for $59. Creation date 2013/08/06

•••
That's really cool.

What's the current cost of listing domains there and you know if selling .uk domains there is good? Have you noticed any .uk domain sales there lately?

Thanks...
Nop. Backordered at namejet for $59. Creation date 2013/08/06

•••
That's really cool.

What's the current cost of listing domains there and you know if selling .uk domains there is good? Have you noticed any .uk domain sales there lately?

Thanks...

The cost to list a domain at Flippa is $27. Today, only today, there's a 50% offer.
I don't know about uk domain sales. You can take a look in Just Sold or bids in listed domains.
PD: like everywhere, is not easy to sell domains. I did a hard job to contact potential buyers to announce the auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back