IT.COM

advice Rent out LibraAssociationCouncil.com/LibraAssociation.com.au to anyone for anything a possibility?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
I was thinking, once Libra is a mainstream crypto (probably exclusive discounts for flights, Uber etc using Libra) and the Libra Association has equal fame to that of the SEC, can I let my friends and whoever publish, for the day, a romantic website for their lover, or a shame page?

I have a couple capital cities, country and places (Parliament House etc) in .com, and few .au. Just wondering if I'm allowed to do whatever, with any .com or .com.au

Also, do I need to consider Registrar hosting, terms of service in addition to legislation?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wondering if I'm allowed to do whatever, with any .com or .com.au

Sure, but there might be ramifications depending on what "whatever" means.

Registries have TOS, Registrars have TOS, Hosts have TOS.
There are also laws that vary from country to country.

On a side note, I am not sure why anyone would ever really want to rent a long 3 Word .COM like that.

Also, having the term "Association" and "Council" together makes it redundant. They both basically mean the same thing - a group of people.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Sure, but there might be ramifications depending on what "whatever" means.

Registries have TOS, Registrars have TOS, Hosts have TOS.
There are also laws that vary from country to country.

On a side note, I am not sure why anyone would ever really want to rent a long 3 Word .COM like that.

Also, having the term "Association" and "Council" together makes it redundant. They both basically mean the same thing - a group of people.

Brad

The Shiela of a friend is into new tech, and thinks positively of Libra. If he ever gets into a fight one time, he could use the page to apologise. Kind of a unique way to be sincere.

Something like that

By the way, It's what they call the group of validator nodes (Uber, MasterCard, Visa etc); Libra Association Council. This is not my own creativity, just the name of the governing council of Libra Association.

So I guess I'll have to read terms of service and US legislation given they have jurisdiction over the .com? This is what I was thinking. Again, can you give me anymore direction?

•••
can you give me anymore direction?

Sure. I recommend deleting these two names or letting them drop at the next expiration date. They are not marketable or sellable domain names. There is only one likely buyer -- the trademark holder -- and they already use Libra.org, so why would they want to buy your much longer and less attractive names? These are not generic domain names. You only see value in these two domain names because of the trademark holder's trademark and that is explicitly why you registered these domain names. That, for all intents and purposes, is cybersquatting. It's not investing.

•••
Is Libra Association TM? When I registered them it wasn't TM, so it's fine, not cybersquatting. Bragging rights work for me here. Cheers though

•••
Libra will never be a mainstream crypto.

•••
Libra will never be a mainstream crypto.

Exclusive discounted Uber rides, flights or meals when paying with Libra? This could promote adoption. Along with its stablecoin characteristics necessary when selling say security tokens and converting back into currency. It might help move transactions onto blockchain.

•••
Exclusive discounted Uber rides, flights or meals when paying with Libra? This could promote adoption. Along with its stablecoin characteristics necessary when selling say security tokens and converting back into currency. It might help move transactions onto blockchain.

Crypto currencies are decentralized, relatively private and open sourced. Libra is centralized, tracked(with data sold to the highest bidder) and proprietary. It’s the exact opposite of what a crypto currency is.

•••
Crypto currencies are decentralized, relatively private and open sourced. Libra is centralized, tracked(with data sold to the highest bidder) and proprietary. It’s the exact opposite of what a crypto currency is.

Yeah, for now lol. They'll be decentralized and permission-less within 5 years. Dude, MasterCard, Uber, Visa are all behind it as validator nodes. I think I'll trust their insight into this.

•••
Yeah, for now lol. They'll be decentralized and permission-less within 5 years. Dude, MasterCard, Uber, Visa are all behind it as validator nodes. I think I'll trust their insight into this.
So I’m not trying to argue or be negative, but bitcoin and other cryptos were created to be an alternative to the likes of MasterCard and Visa. The entire point is to get away from corporate and government control. It’s an oxymoron. It’s like creating a for profit charity.

Last edited:
•••
So I’m not trying to argue or be negative, but bitcoin and other cryptos were created to be an alternative to the likes of MasterCard and Visa. The entire point is to get away from corporate and government control. It’s an oxymoron. It’s like creating a for profit charity.

I guess the point is subjective then. I thought it was to bring transparency, validate information by using a network rather than a central entity, offer stability as commercial tender and be as you say, from monetary policy and the like.

Libra hols a reserve which is influenced by FOREX movements, so I guess here, monetary policy influences Libra value as it does fiat currency. So, in exchange for what you call 'government control' (which means the dollar can be dropped when to make increase exports when appropriate etc etc) we have a reserve - which can still be free of government influences if they were to adjust the asset allocation, but then retaining value of local currency would be difficult.

To me, Libra builds blockchain infrastructure like Fujitsu's recent Digital Identity Exchange Technology letting measure the trustworthiness etc of those you tract with, and pools a network of trustworthy oracles and innovative smart contracts, and allows for reliable conversion from crypto asset purchases to fiat currency.

Great medium of exchange, and it's Bitcoin that will need to evolve and become more of a currency, than it is a commodity.

•••
I guess the point is subjective then. I thought it was to bring transparency, validate information by using a network rather than a central entity, offer stability as commercial tender and be as you say, from monetary policy and the like.

Libra hols a reserve which is influenced by FOREX movements, so I guess here, monetary policy influences Libra value as it does fiat currency. So, in exchange for what you call 'government control' (which means the dollar can be dropped when to make increase exports when appropriate etc etc) we have a reserve - which can still be free of government influences if they were to adjust the asset allocation, but then retaining value of local currency would be difficult.

To me, Libra builds blockchain infrastructure like Fujitsu's recent Digital Identity Exchange Technology letting measure the trustworthiness etc of those you tract with, and pools a network of trustworthy oracles and innovative smart contracts, and allows for reliable conversion from crypto asset purchases to fiat currency.

Great medium of exchange, and it's Bitcoin that will need to evolve and become more of a currency, than it is a commodity.

It’s all very subjective. You make some good points. I’m sure we can both agree that it will be interesting to see what happens with it.

•••
I suppose I’m a bit jaded when it comes to crypto in general. I’d have about 10 million in bitcoin if mt gox hadn’t stolen it in 2013

•••
I suppose I’m a bit jaded when it comes to crypto in general. I’d have about 10 million in bitcoin if mt gox hadn’t stolen it in 2013

I can definitely understand why people are sceptic. I think it was the CEO at JP Morgan that said he'd fire any staff member trading crypto. Government are also careful here, and need to keep an eye on the industry. The SEC is asking for subscriptions to blockchain information!

No way! That's so horrible! So right now Im talking to someone that could have been a millionaire. I feel for you. Given your tenacity to commit back then, I'm sure you'll capitalise on a future opportunity, if not already.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back