RegisterFly.com

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
edit: nevermind

Last edited:
•••
Review

Not a bad registrar, although I haven't had to deal with their customer service yet. Their interface could be a easier to use.

•••
UNRELIABLE Control Panel-Could Lose Names

I have a large number of names them for over 3 years. Their control panel is full of bugs and this has been going for almost six months. If you have large number of names, don't even bother to take them there...BULK MODIFICATION DOES NOT WORK...they don't tell you upfront. Could lose names with wrong expiry dates....

Last edited:
•••
You can't beat their 60 cent .info promotions!

•••
Yes, but not all my domains were regged!

•••
Worst company for high volume domainers...bulk mod does not work even in the new design, they keep changing the whois records, renewal is a pain....

Don't go near if you can

•••
I have 3 domains there, my whois is not showing me,
it's showing them, with no refferal to me??

and I can't change my nameservers ??

first problem with them so far, so I've sent in 2 tickets,
I'll let you know what happens...

•••
reply in my email says my whois was changed - IT's NOT!
and they closed the ticket??? their reply after I logged in was -

"There is found to be issue with registry. Please try to update detail on name again after some time. "

ok- so-Tried it and it still won't work.

And 1st ticket has yet to be replied to - "why I can't modify name servers"

not happy with the fact that I have tried since Friday to modify them
and can't?

anyone else checked their whois yet - on domains purchased here?
anyone else having the same issues???

•••
BULK MODIFICATION does not work.....!! Has been for over 6 months

Their script is full of bugs...Bulk Modification does not work...you will have to modify them individually....Welcome to Registerfly and their issues...They don't tell you upfront about the issues they are having....Fundamentally poor business practice

•••
Ok- super fast results from regfly (customer service here in namepros)
he solved the whois issue in 2 seconds for me - woohoo!

Ok- update - seems the whois was a problem with my phone number - it couldn't validate it. - that is now done!

server change issue has also been resolved - wow!

done so fast I thank you!

I am glad, as I have never had a problem and am quite pleased
at the outcome - since regfly got involved and fixed it all!

Thank you ... :)

•••
Review

registerfly best registrar firm and perfect support.

•••
Sucks.

Completely horrible company. On multiple occassions I've had them charge my card without authorization and/or without the domain registration even going through. I've never been able to get a refund, and nobody answers their customer support phone. Make sure this company does not get your credit card information on file, you could be next!

•••
Great domain name website, nice interface, plenty of features!

Great domain name website, nice interface, plenty of features!

•••
Not very good

Price on .coms isn't the lowest and their backorder service seems to be a waste of money

•••
Please God, Don't sign up

Many, many problems with the admin and customer service that is bordering on the criminal. Avoid at all costs.

•••
Nightmare with RegisterFly - Go at your own risk

Used them for the last two years for the wrong reasons, the sometimes aggressive pricing. I was reading negatives reviews about them all the time by ex customers of them. Now I am also one of them. RegisterFly constantly make mistakes (and some of them cost me $) but never apologize and never recognize the mistakes by being their fault. Customer service dept should be a Harvard "case study" about bad customer service. Yes you might save a dollar or two in the beginning, but help yourself and avoid them.

By the way, if you're a competitor of mine, please go to Registerfly for your domain registration...

•••
My ratings

However they are? I got no problem. Because from them I've registered my first domain name. Their service is better.

•••
Review

I have had literally hundreds of problems with registerfy, but I will only cover two of them.

At one point, I had registered a new.net domain name and it was set to auto renew. Registerfly stooped supporting new.net, and of course did not tell anyone. The domain attempted to autorenew, did not alert me, took my 15$, and failed to renew because that functionality had been removed. This happened 4 times every day for over 2 weeks before I noticed. It added up to over 500$ in charges. I spent hours on the phone with them, and in their email. I was hung up on over a dozen times because I asked to spek with a supervisor. Every time I asked for an escalation I was yelled at stating that I did not have authority to speak with any such representative and hung up on. I eventually just filed a chargeback on all transactions which took 1 fax per transaction. Registerfly also closed all my support tickets relating to the matter without responding to them.

For the second issue I will explain what is currently my problem. I have over 100 domains with them, and I wanted to transfer them all. I marked them all unlocked, and initiated a transfer with enom. 12 hours later I find that I have not received a transfer notice for any domain, and ALL my whois information has been changed over to registerfly. I changed it all back to my information and tried it again. Same thing happened. This happened 3 times, causing one of my domains to reach its 1 year expiration. ICANN allows domains 30 days leeway before letting anyone else take the domain away. Registerfly on the other hand takes the domain the second it expires and places ads on it. No email, no website, full DNS change. I was forced to waste another 9$ on that POS company to save my domain, as everyone knows registerfly has a habit for stealing domain names and keeping them. Currently I have no way to transfer my domains away from these criminals, so I am filing complaints with ICANN, the BBB, and the Attorney General. This will not be the first time I have had to pursue such actions on them.

Ok I will throw one more quick one in there. 2/5 times registering a domain name registerfly charges my card and does not register the domain. I have to call them to get them to do it manually.

Do everyone a favor and do not use these crooks.

•••
Good

I have registered about 100 domains with them and no problems :)

•••
I bought several hundred domains from them last week. It is almost a week later and they haven't been registered yet. The online support function has not responded to my inquiry as of yet.

As phone call to the company yielded their admission that they were having a problem for more customers than just myself and they could not tell me when the registrations would be complete.

Livin' in limbo

•••
And when they finally do get the problems sorted out,
keep a watch on your whois, I have had to contact them twice regarding my whois...somehow it keeps changing to their info. After contacting them, they give me an address to verify the whois with and sure, under that one you can see the correct info, but go to any other whois and it still shows them, nothing about me at all....hmmmm :|

•••
My nameservers wont update :( they just go blank..

waiting on support

•••
A nightmare - avoid at all costs !

Their customer service is the worst you can imagine - no competence whatsoever, standard reply emails, etc etc.For real, one time i had to explain a support agent what a "URL" is...no kidding.

And they border to criminal indeed - their website promises you can use DNS for their free website feature that comes with every domain registration when in fact you can only use url redirection.Which equals not delivering what is advertised.

As said, avoid them whenever possible.

•••
I have just started to use Registry Fly and recon they rock. Really easy to deal with and friendly.

•••
Good Luck!

JasMate said:
I have just started to use Registry Fly and recon they rock. Really easy to deal with and friendly.

You just started using the wrong registrar. We all thought they looked good when we started but you'll soon find out.

Here is a recent post from Registerflies.com

RegisterFly has cost me literally hours, upon hours, upon hours of lost time trying to fix problems that had to be taken care of for my clients. I have had countless problems trying to get their web interface to work properly and actually do what it's supposed to do – whenever “I” need it, it never, ever seems to work properly. Their customer service is a total joke and when you wind up getting involved with a customer service rep that's in India, they could really care less if they resolve your problems. And then there's the money they've ripped me off for, the multiple charges to my credit cards for which I can't seem to get services back in return, and one domain that they stole from me and gave away to someone else while the registration was still valid and in my name (not expired). It goes on and on.... Sigh... There's too much that's happened to me, during the several years that I’ve been their customer, to have the time and patience to write it all down here. I have succeeded at moving all but 3 of my domains to other registrars now, but I am still having to deal with them until I finally get the last of these taken care of and moved away to another and hopefully better home.

Honestly, and I mean this without any misrepresentation - RegisterFly was a MAJOR cause of my web design business going under. Small companies, like mine, simply can't afford the time, effort and money to deal with the kinds of problems that are caused by doing business with RegisterFly and through placing your trust in and relying on them. Not only has the massive amount of completely lost time caused me financial loss, but I have actually lost customers too, because of my inability to deal with the problems that resulted directly from RegisterFly's incompetence and fraudulent acts.

And this leads me to a big question, and to the topic of this particular post. For a long, long, long time now, people have been posting complaints on the net about problems that they've been having with RegisterFly. What is still going on today isn't new - they've been at this, ripping their customers off, for a very long time and it's definitely not been a darkly kept secret. So why then, did ICANN apparently not stumble across all of these problems with RegisterFly customers, and find the massive numbers of complaints before giving RegisterFly an accreditation? And why was RegisterFly approved to become an ICANN Registrar? By giving an official accreditation, isn't ICANN lending their seal of approval, sort of speak, and leading a normal and sensible person to believe that their accredited registrars are trustable, responsible and dependable companies whom we can do business with? Isn't this a big part of a registrar actually being an "accredited" ICANN registrar? And if this is the case, then perhaps ICANN is also responsible, at least to some degree, through their acceptance and support of this company into their umbrella of so called "credible" registrars? It's kind of like the concept of false advertising - you give people the impression that something is one way but in reality it's something totally different. By accepting and allowing a company to offer registration services, accredited by ICANN, it's like saying, "you can trust this company because they have our backing and approval" - or at least that's what it conveys to me. But if ICANN doesn't even bother to take measures to make sure that their accredited Registrars are honest, and that they do business in a reasonably and acceptable manor, then what does this really say about the credibility of ICANN itself? Maybe I'm wrong here but I personally kind of think that ICANN should be named in this class action law suit too, because they are failing to take actions and to protect the public from being ripped off. I just always thought that this was a part of ICANN's job and responsibility to the public? RegisterFly has absolutely no business being an ICANN accredited Registrar and that accreditation does nothing but to help them in expanding their business so they can steel from and commit fraudulent activities against more and more innocent people. RegisterFly, by now being an ICANN accredited Registrar, is using and being allowed to abuse that ‘prestige” and the ICANN name as a vehicle to further their marketing advantage at the expense of their customers and an innocent, unsuspecting public. Are there any other people who feel as I do about this? - Just curious.....

And yes, Registerfly has cost me many hours and provided nothing but many problems.

Good Luck with Registerfly, you are going to need it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back