RegisterFly.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They owe me money, i've been charged for domains which they failed to register!
how stupid and unprofessional are these people, not even an apology or auto generated email to say something about it. I've sent them emails and support tickets and still no reply.

unless you're getting something free - please be advised and stay far away from these people. registerly seriously sucks

•••
A Registerfly representative contacted me yesterday concerning my experience with them. He wanted information about what had happened so I gave him some details regarding the errors/bugs that I came across. After looking into the situation he explained that the cause was due to them updating/moving the site and apologised for the incovenience it caused.

I was also advised that all the domains which failed to register had been refunded and my account credited.

I was pleasantly surprised by the support/contact and this person taking time to look into the problems for me. This kind of response/support via tickets or the regfly website would do a great deal in improving user feedback. I do believe if I had been contact after my ticket submissions and given a explination then I wouldn't have gotten to the point where I felt the need to express my feelings here. After exchanging some PM's I've a better understanding of the situation with Registerfly.com - and I guess I was a little harsh with my comments.

I've been told that they are in progress of improving things on the site and are taking all feedback/complaints into consideration and doing what they can to resolve the problems. For their benefit as well as all us users - I wish them luck and hope to see these improvements soon.

•••
I will be moving all my domains to godaddy as soon as they reply to my email

•••
Hey! I have some problem with domains registration at Registerfly.com
The problem is:

Your most recent domain registration attempt has failed.

Failures are usually attributed to any of the following:

- Registry Connectivity -
- Incomplete Whois Information(common for .ca and co.uk) -
- Invalid Name servers -

Please try to register the domain(s) again by accessing this url:

https://registerfly.com/scripts/cart.php

----------------------------------------------------------------
The domains we were unable to register are as follows:

Domain :******.net
Term :1 year
Ref# :*******
URL :https://registerfly.com/scripts/ord...***&mode=detail

•••
The standard reply to this is, send us your domains and we will register them for you. So I would send your domain, ask for it to be registered to [email protected]. This is the same address for bulk regs.

Seems to be the fastest way I have resolved this issue.

staskul said:
Hey! I have some problem with domains registration at Registerfly.com
The problem is:

Your most recent domain registration attempt has failed.

Failures are usually attributed to any of the following:

- Registry Connectivity -
- Incomplete Whois Information(common for .ca and co.uk) -
- Invalid Name servers -

Please try to register the domain(s) again by accessing this url:

https://registerfly.com/scripts/cart.php

The domains we were unable to register are as follows:

Domain :******.net
Term :1 year
Ref# :*******
URL :https://registerfly.com/scripts/ord...***&mode=detail

Last edited:
•••
Registerfly Sucks and Still Sucks

Stay away, the worst in the business

Note that it is not a good idea to complain against registerfly IF you still have any domains (or hosting) with them.

Once they find out you are part of any action against them, they will immediately lock your account, and you will not be able to login any more.

Good luck!

Folks, I've read some of the reviews and I'm appauled. I've dealt with Registerfly for several years and I'm hear to tell you, they are the worst company in the business.

Today I tried to renew $82.00 worth of domain names. Not only did the send me this (keep in mind this has gone on for almost three years, this is just an instance):
We were unable to renew the following domains in your account:
This was 11 domains.

Not only did it fail, but they also charged my account, not once, but twice. To top it off, the money isn't even in my account at registerfly. So they just take the money (fraud). Now, the've said they were fixing this for 3 years now. Hundreds of phone calls and emails back and forth and still today nothing has changed other than their ICANN approval?? (how can they get Icann Accredited?)

So, back to the phone. Many occaisions I spend hours on the phone just to be disconnected before the call is answered. Today, I've been disconnected 5 times after holding and no one answers. I think they just pick up the phone and then hang up because they get so many phone calls from complaintants.

Now I want to prove just how inferior this company is with responses I've gotten from the support ticket system:

[2006-01-30] Your renewals aren't working. Your staff said it would be fixed in a couple hours --- 2 weeks ago. Still it doesn't work. Your phone support is too lengthy to renew domains and live chat assistance is next to useless for these matters.
"Rest assured that customer service is our number one priority"-- this is what they say when you're on hold.

[2006-01-30] [2006-01-30] Hello

There is found to be issue with renewal at registry. Please try to go through renewal of names again after some time.

Thank You

Robin Elise
Client Support Executive
1st Level Support

[2006-01-30] Robin. That's been the story for over 2 weeks. I can't wait another 2 weeks, my names are expiring and or expired.

[2006-01-30] [2006-01-30] Hello

We are undergoing registry maintenance for certain domain name extensions. During this time you may not be able to register / renew or management some of these extensions. We do expect the maintenance to complete as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Robin Elise
Client Support Executive
1st Level Support

This has been going on for months and years. The same crap. The same poorly handled phone calls.

Now other issues with Registerfly for those who are wondering...

• I've complained that when I log in and want to do bulk changes, regfly automatically logs me out after a brief period even though I click 'remember me'. I've complained about this for about 3 years and nothing has happened. The second time I login it's a little longer but not adequate to do bulk changes on 400+ domain names.

Every one of their employees has access to your credit card and personal information. At any time one of their employees can and have made domains disapear from users accounts.

Live chat assistance is rendered useless. Some knucklehead answers your live chat and recommends you send a support ticket??? Wasn't this live support?

tickos.com was taken out of another users account, placed in my account and then about a week later, without notice the tickos.com domain name disappeared out of my account. Never heard from them about this... They do what they want, when they want.

If you transfer domains out, they don't always disapear from your domain list. So, they show it as expiriring so you can send them some more money to renew a domain that they don't even have. Then try to get your money back...

Paypal wont touch them. I've sent numerous complaints to paypal about the duplicate (one time they charged my account 4 times for a bulk registration) charges. Paypal said there were other complaints about them as well. Hence, Paypal no longer deals with them.

They have numerous complaints through the Better Business Bureau that go unresponed to. You have no recourse.

Without notice during the change of a new year, whatever price you have for your domain registrations, it's no good, they change.

They offer all these different extensions for their services and they all go into the same number and the same person. On the weeked, one employee is answering all the calls.

There are many others!

Now, here is what the Better Business Bureau says:

REGISTERFLY.COM
623 Eagle Rock Ave.
West Orange, NJ 07052
View Location Map

Local Phone Number: (732) 000-0000
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Internet Services

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered and unresolved complaints. The company has resolved some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, some complaints remain unresolved or unanswered.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 125
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 66

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 3
Outcome of all complaints -
Company did not respond: 3

Sales Issues: 8
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond: 4;
Unpursuable: 2

Delivery Issues: 8
Company did not respond: 8

Guarantee or Warranty Issues: 2
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Product Quality Issues: 4
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond: 2

Refund or Exchange Issues: 14
Resolved: 1; Unresolved: 1; Company did not respond:

Contract Issues: 2
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 44
Resolved: 12; Unresolved: 3; Company did not respond:

Credit or Billing Issues: 40
Resolved: 10; Unresolved: 2; Company did not respond:

Additional Addresses

PO Box 2468, Livingston, NJ 07039.

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company.
The Bureau has not received a response. Without this
information, the Bureau may not have current information
concerning such things as the company's management or its
nature of business.

Report as of: 2/12/2006

Here is their parent company listed on the Better business Bureau:

UNIFIEDNAMES INC
P.O.Box 2418
Livingston, NJ 07039
View Location Map

Local Phone Number: (000) 000-0000
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Internet Services

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in February of 2003: 20
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 3

Complaints Concerned
Sales Issues: 2
Company did not respond: 2

Delivery Issues: 2
Company did not respond: 2

Refund or Exchange Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Customer Service Issues: 11
Company did not respond: 11

Credit or Billing Issues: 4
Company did not respond: 4

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company.
The Bureau has not received a response. Without this
information, the Bureau may not have current information
concerning such things as the company's management or its
nature of business.

Report as of: 2/12/2006

Copyright: 2006 BBB of New Jersey,Inc.

During the course of this post, I've been disconnected after being on hold many times. This is the 7th disconnect without even talking to a person.

In summary, I'm sending a complaint to all of the ICANN Board of Directors with this post included. Registefly is by far inferior to any other registrar available and we all need to do something about it. Sure, they look nice and the bells and whistles all look nice but when the rubber hits the road, this company needs to be shut down. PERIOD!

That last thing I want to do is waste my time describing negative experiences with a company like this. I don't have the time but dammit, I have no choice anymore. It's been the same ole thing for 3 years and I'm tired of it. I've gone from over 400 names with them to 130 and transferring everything out. Please let's do something about this company as something needs to be done. Enough is enough already.

I suggest people start posting the truth about this company and filing formal complaints.

Here are some other complaints:

Here is my nightmare story about Registerfly.com.....

I started service with registerfly on 06/13/05 and paid $19.95. This was for vps-hosting. I bought 4 domain names, transferred one domain that I have owned for almost 2 years and put protectfly on all of them.

On 07/13/05 I paid $19.95 again for my second month. Then registerfly had about 40 hours of downtime in 3 days, which they later downplayed to a couple hours. I emailed them and phoned them for three days with no replies. After the system was up again 3 days later, they finally sent me an email saying the system is now online and working. I finally got hold of someone there after several support tickets, emails and unsuccessful phone calls. They finally said I would get compensated for the downtime by giving me an additional 2 weeks. Instead of being billed on 08/13/05, they said I would now be billed on 09/01/05 and be billed on the 1st of every month after that.

Well on 08/13/05 they not only took another $19.95, they took an additional payment of $19.95. Nothing was supposed to be deducted until 9/1/05. I called them for 3 days and emailed them. They would not reply to emails. If they did answer their phone, they would not transfer me to billing. (this company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. EVEEER!).

I called my bank and cancelled my credit card and disputed the 2 illegal withdrawals. Once again, this was after 3 days and hours of emails and phone calls. A couple days later, they sent both $19.95 withdrawals back to my account and said I would be billed on 09/01/05.

I thought great, everything is all ok now.

On Sunday, 8/21/05, they suspended my account, shut down all my webpages, and said I owed them $109.00. If I did not pay this amount, they would keep my 5 domains and not allow me to move them to another service.

The $109.00 is itemized as follows....

2 chargebacks of $35.00 each = $70.00 They were charging me $35.00 for each charge of $19.95 that I had disputed. They also wanted both payments of $19.95 which they illegally took out. The two $19.95 charges were for services that they had not even given me yet. In other words, they wanted four payments of $19.95 when I had only been with them for 2 months.

My bank said they do not send a charge through for disputes. My bank never charged registerfly two payments of $35.00. I have no idea why they think I owe them for charges that they incurred when they billed me for money that was not theirs. At this point they emailed me and gave me an extension to call. I called one day and some guy would not shut up for 1 minute to allow me to ask why I owed them $109. He finally hung up on me. Then the next day I called and a women answered. I was trying to explain it to her and she said I had already talked to someone the day before for 2 hours, (it was only about a 5 minute conversation when he hung up on me). I said I wanted to explain to her why that $109 is not owed to them. She said she was too busy to talk to me and also hung up on me.

I called the Better Business Bureau for Livingston, NJ where registerfly is located. They said they have numerous complaints against registerfly and that they will not contact even the BBB to try and resolve issues. They sent me to consumer affairs to turn in a complaint. I am also going to send a letter to their attorney general to let them know of the illegal business activity in their town of Livingston. If anyone is trying to contact registerfly, here is the number and extension they gave me. It might help you get to their rude billing department.

Below is the last email I received back from them. They never sign their emails, so you can never deal with the same person.

Hello

*Your account has been suspended for chargebacks received. You are required to pay all the fees due of $109.90. Please call 973-736-2545 ext 125 for payment information.

Thank You*

Registerfly.com INC
ICANN Accredited Registrar

Unbelievable, after they closed my account, registerfly.com tried to bill my credit card on 09/01/05. Here is the message I received on 09/04/05. Once again be very cautious with your credit card info with these crooks (registerfly.com).

We attempted to process your credit card for web hosting services for your domain name. Your credit card was declined, please take a moment to update the billing information, credit card number and expire date. We will retry your hosting payment again within 24 hours. If within 24 hours your card is still declined your account and all related services may be deactivated until the balance is resolved.

UPDATE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION ------------------------------- You can update your billing information, credit card number etc via this link https://registerfly.com/hosting/edit.php?domain=xxxxxx&u=xxxxxx&mode=type#payment INFORMATION -------------------------------

Domain : xxxxxx Amt Due: 19.95
Error : Authorization Failed.
If you have questions please contact us at 1-973-736-2545 or [email protected]
http://www.marwencorp.com/registerfly.html

Bad Companies - RegisterFly

Note: I am not speaking on behalf of anybody but me. *I* am ticked off; I don't know if anybody else is.

The short version: I have been screwed by RegisterFly twice, once when they lost my registration for killfile.org for over a week, and once when they *entirely* lost mod.org. Their tech support is obtuse at best and unusable in reality, and their customer service may as well not exist; all that I can say positively about them is that their billing system works as promised, though it may as well not be connected to the rest of the company. They should be avoided.

The long version:
May 2002

While I don't really have time to write up the whole thing right now, the short of it: my domain (killfile.org) was lost because RegisterFly, then my domain registrar, forgot to pay their upstream site. I was unable to complain except over a chat system, and the domain was down for over a week, causing mail bouncings and various other related problems. This has been only significant outage in several years of running the domain, so I was understandably touchy. I eventually solved the problem by re-buying my own domain name from their upstream vendor, Enom, who was more expensive but *much* more professional and worked out my problems within an hour.
April 2003

In April 2003, I decided it was about time to renew skirvin.net and mod.org, two personal domain names. Because I was running late I decided to not bother transferring the domains to another registrar yet; I didn't want to worry about the hassle or danger of the transfers, and I was willing to give RegisterFly one more shot. This was, of course, foolish.

There's not really too many details to offer here. Somehow or other, they managed to lose mod.org entirely - nobody has told me why. It now belongs to another registrar, and not me. In the mean time, they had kept on billing me for it, including billing me *twice* for this last time when I attempted to renew it. I was able to get back this money, but not the earlier payments, and I never did get the domain back...

skirvin.net is, unfortunately, still hosted at registerfly. I hope to fix this shortly, but I've paid up until the end of the year, and it's not strictly vital...
Postscript, October 2004

Over the last 18 months, I have gotten many people mailing me about this page and asking for additional information. All I can really say is that I currently use Enom and DirectNIC for my domain registration needs, and have been quite happy with both of them.

August 29, 2005

Business I have a complaint about....
Registerfly.com
Livingston, NJ.

Hello,
Below is the letter posted on my webpage and that I have sent to consumer affairs in NJ against Registerfly.
You can also view it on my site........ http://www.marwencorp.com/registerfly.html
Feel free to post it on your site.
Thanks
Mark

Beware - Read Before you decide to do business with Registerfly.com
Here is my nightmare story....

I started service with registerfly on 06/13/05 and paid $19.95. This was for vps-hosting. I bought 4 domain names, transferred one domain that I have owned for almost 2 years and put protectfly on all of them.

On 07/13/05 I paid $19.95 again for my second month. Then registerfly had about 40 hours of downtime in 3 days, which they later downplayed to a couple hours. I emailed them and phoned them for three days with no replies. After the system was up again 3 days later, they finally sent me an email saying the system is now online and working. I finally got hold of someone there after several support tickets, emails and unsuccessful phone calls. They finally said I would get compensated for the downtime by giving me an additional 2 weeks. Instead of being billed on 08/13/05, they said I would now be billed on 09/01/05 and be billed on the 1st of every month after that.

Well on 08/13/05 they not only took another $19.95, they took an additional payment of $19.95. Nothing was supposed to be deducted until 9/1/05. I called them for 3 days and emailed them. They would not reply to emails. If they did answer their phone, they would not transfer me to billing. (this company has the worst customer service I have ever seen. EVEEER!).

I called my bank and cancelled my credit card and disputed the 2 illegal withdrawals. Once again, this was after 3 days and hours of emails and phone calls. A couple days later, they sent both $19.95 withdrawals back to my account and said I would be billed on 09/01/05.

I thought great, everything is all ok now.

On Sunday, 8/21/05, they suspended my account, shut down all my webpages, and said I owed them $109.00. If I did not pay this amount, they would keep my 5 domains and not allow me to move them to another service.

The $109.00 is itemized as follows....

2 chargebacks of $35.00 each = $70.00 They were charging me $35.00 for each charge of $19.95 that I had disputed. They also wanted both payments of $19.95 which they illegally took out. The two $19.95 charges were for services that they had not even given me yet. In other words, they wanted four payments of $19.95 when I had only been with them for 2 months.

My bank said they do not send a charge through for disputes. My bank never charged registerfly two payments of $35.00. I have no idea why they think I owe them for charges that they incurred when they billed me for money that was not theirs. At this point they emailed me and gave me an extension to call. I called one day and some guy would not shut up for 1 minute to allow me to ask why I owed them $109. He finally hung up on me. Then the next day I called and a women answered. I was trying to explain it to her and she said I had already talked to someone the day before for 2 hours, (it was only about a 5 minute conversation when he hung up on me). I said I wanted to explain to her why that $109 is not owed to them. She said she was too busy to talk to me and also hung up on me.

I called the Better Business Bureau for Livingston, NJ where registerfly is located. They said they have numerous complaints against registerfly and that they will not contact even the BBB to try and resolve issues. They sent me to consumer affairs to turn in a complaint. I am also going to send a letter to their attorney general to let them know of the illegal business activity in their town of Livingston. If anyone is trying to contact registerfly, here is the number and extension they gave me. It might help you get to their rude billing department. Below is the last email I received back from them. They never sign their emails, so you can never deal with the same person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My complaint is against registerfly.com. I purchased web hosting and a domain name from them. I was having problems accessing my site. I have tried to call them at least 3 time with no one ever to return my call. I have emailed them once generating a support ticket which called for a credit card. I have went to their live chat site at least 20 times for help.

I was told about 5 times I couldn't access my site because my DNS settings were wrong. (Who set them, I didn't) While in the chat session with customer representatives, suddenly the chat session abruptly and mysteriously ends. This occurred about 4 times.

When I actually got to speak with someone during the chat, the told me the same story over and over. My DNS setting were set incorrectly and it would take 24 to 48 hours in order for me to access my site. I have been trying to reach someone from this company for 4 weeks now. No one has ever returned my calls. What do I do?

Marlene O

As with others who have posted I have billed multiple times against my amex card by Regsiterfly.

They do not answer the extension number for billing.

The do not respond to complaints submitted via the web. It is the risk dept that handles these issues not customer support, odd ?

I have yet to receive an answer from them.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THE HOSTING SUCKS (MY SITE WAS DOWN FOR 10 DAYS), AND THEY MISUSE CREDIT CARD DETAILS.

I have contacted amex fraud office. I have also informed General Attorneys Office in New Jersey.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/home.htm

I would recommend anyone with similar problem to do the same. Any company can make a mistake especially where automated systems are used, but these guys refuse to remedy it or even acknowledge it. I would love to know how that is legal.

Thanks very much for your support.
Jeremy Hamill-Keays

RE: RegisterFly.com Record Keeping Problems...

BEWARE! If you are a RegisterFly.com customer, they have had internal data problems that could affect you!

I have lost a domain name, www.PumpkinJunction.com, that wasn't supposed to expire until 7-18-2005. Unbeknownst to me, their system released the name back before 3-6-2005, and someelse bought the name out from under me.

I have owned the domain for 2 years, and was legally entitled to it until the expiration date, which isn't for another 3 months; yet know someone else now owns my domain!

I've found four other names that Registerfly claims expired, even though I have reciepts to prove ownership until July, 2005. Evidently they've had a problem with their record keeping system, and are not saying anything, in fear of spooking new customers, and causing legal headaches.

Based on this snafu, I'm transferring my 26 remaining names to another one of my registrars. I'd like to file a class action lawsuit against them, so if you've had the same problem, please contact me ASAP!
http://forums.webhostdir.com/printthread.php?t=11873

•••
Here's some more, my post was too long!

RegisterFly.com Scams and Tricks

Level of upset :: 4

Business in question :: Registerfly

Complaint:: i received an email today from registerfly.com saying i had 2 domain names about to expire this month.

how is this a scam?

first of all, the 2 names are for .info which i have NEVER registered.

second, i renewed all of my domain names for the rest of the year back in july 2005,
which means i wouldn't have to renew any others until jan. 2006.

they added these 2 domain names just this week because i double checked sept 1 to make sure all the names for the rest of the year were paid off.

now i will have to watch these bastards like a hawk. i plan to move my decent domain names to my other registra and slowly let the ones i no longer want expire.

if you have an account with registerfly.com, you should take a quick look see for domain names you never ordered. i'm not buying anything from them again.

Business in question :: Register Fly

Complaint:: **** **** ****

They got me too, 2 domains, I had JUST Renewed, 2 days prior, then I get another notice, and because I did the last transfer a new way, I figured it was a goof and just went ahead and renewed, I'm gonna call them ****s right now and see what they have to say about this shit!

Business in question :: Registerfly.com

Complaint:: They did the same crap to me all year, finally I got fed up and switched. They said there was a security issue with my account and it was locked out. The only way to contact them was throught emailing thier risk department. And no one would give me the time of day on the phone. For like a month! I only have like 5 domains all bought recently. So far my main one has been disconected 3 ****ing times in the last 6 months for failure to renew, and there was absolutely no way it had been even close to a year!
Register Fly GFY!
I realise I'm new to the net but Im not new! That's bad friggin Buisness.
When I call for customer service I do not expect to be treated like I'm bothering them!
On a side note so far Go Daddy has been good to me!

Level of upset :: 3

Business in question :: domain transfers

Complaint :: I have sent 10 e mails requesting that they comply with the regulations,they have no idea of the procedeure for transfering domain names, I was sucked in by the cheap price, but one only gets wat one pays for, so it is my problem, but beware do not use registerfly , if you want sane domain registrations.
Ernie
http://www.americanbadbusinesslist.com/registerfly-scams-tricks.htm

hello every one who was settup by registerfly we are enter to the club to

be4 any thing im going to my bank and ask 4 refund and block registerfly if you use visa normaly you can do that without asking of any refunds from DISLOYAL COMPANY SUCH AS REGISTERFLY because like i can read every body in this tread are sure of DISAFFECTION OF REGISTERFLY, UNFAITHFUL COMPANIES LIKE REGISTERFLY should be kicked out from internet their UNFAIR PRACTICES OF REGISTERFLY make me pay for services they never done so i canceled my hosting plan with them and is still in my acount! my story is long like most of you so i will bring you every detail slowly in next post
ewa

My complaint is against Registerfly.
They suspended my account a month ago for "initiating chargebacks".
What I find annoying is that emails to them to clear up the matter have gone unanswered 1 month down the line.
Using their Live chat, they don't seem to be able to tell you what to do.
So the point is here I am suspended, Regfly won't talk to me (so I have no idea what to do) and the only thing they want me to do is pay.
Kinda like putting a gun to my head, telling me I have to pay before they even tell me what I charged back.
Some of the names they took from me don't belong to me, but held for clients.
Is there a body I can sue them through? A small claims tribunal, an ombudsman or something?

"Identity theft is something you have to worry about with registerfly"

Thumbs down Warning Re: Registerfly
Puravida is SO RIGHT! When I read this thread for the first time today, I found myself reliving the hellish experiences I have had with Registerfly. Even the script of their girl who answers the phone "Our process is automated, so we cannot do anything" sounds eerily familiar just like the nincompoop techies they employ, who can neither solve problems nor write proper English.

I admit I fell for their free 'ProtectFly' trap...but I am wiser now!

Thumbs down Warning Re: Registerfly
Puravida is SO RIGHT! When I read this thread for the first time today, I found myself reliving the hellish experiences I have had with Registerfly. Even the script of their girl who answers the phone "Our process is automated, so we cannot do anything" sounds eerily familiar just like the nincompoop techies they employ, who can neither solve problems nor write proper English.

I admit I fell for their free 'ProtectFly' trap...but I am wiser now!

RegisterFly.com has fallen WELL below what should be expected in terms of customer support. My latest (and my last) troubles with them occurred when I attempted to transfer a domain. Their interface was apparently having issues. It kept failing, and then instructing me to check the domain and try again. I did so five times, after which it asked me to logon again. After logging in it told me my account has been suspended, and to email [email protected] to find out why. I did so. Nearly a week later, I still had not heard back from them, so I decided to give them a call. 45min on hold later I finally got a hold of somebody who simply told me I would need to wait for an email back from the risk people. "It will be very soon" he assured me. Several days later, and still unable to access my account, I emailed the "risk" people again. Still no response. Then the kicker came! I found that my credit card had been charged over and over again for each of the failed transfers! I called RegisterFly again, and waited on hold literally all day! I waited for more than 2 hours, and then was simply hung up on. I would call back again, and after about 10min got hung up on again. All day long we played this little game. Time after time I would hear the "on hold" music cut away, and I would hear them pick up and hang up the phone again. They refused to communicate with me, be it through email or phone.
I am now working with my credit card company to get the charges dropped, but I am afraid of what will happen to the domains still hosted through RegisterFly. After reading what other people have to say I am afraid I will lose them.
Steer clear of this HORRIBLE company, which is clearly going belly up!! They have extremely poor business ethics, and don't deserve a single cent from your bank.
http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/RegisterFly

Dear Bill : I am a small business and was recommended Registerfly after an extremely bad experience with internic.ca. Now I have gone fm bad to worse! Since transferring my domaine and uploading my website and info in December, I have been unable to access my site on MORE THAN THREE occasions, each time more than 24 hours and this second-last time MORE THAN THREE DAYS. Now get a load of this : following complaint letters over the internet regarding their bad service THEY SUSPENDED MY WEBPAGE AND DOMAINE ADDRESS WITHOUT ADVISING ME. I thought it was another spite of their extremely poor service. But it went on and on and on. Each time I sent them a ticket, they answered that within a couple of days it would be back. It was never put back again.

In July I went to repay another year but whatever I tried, I got a reply that the domaine is NOT registered to me. Following many, many attempts to pay with only one week left on the grace period, I finally called and over the telephone they renewed for another year. I am sure their intention was to STEAL my domaine and then extort money out of me to get it back (just what Internic.ca did the previous year).

Registerfly almost killed my new boutique hotel. as I receive reservations for my hotel over the internet. I will now have to again change companies, download and re upload. Please advise people on your article NOT to work with them, they are extremely unreliable and their client service unresponsive. (Revise your star rating of them to 2 or less... not just a question of losing a domaine name, but an entire company if internet and email services are essential.)

By the way, although I suspected from the beginning, I am now sure they farm-out their client services to a third-world country. While paying for another year, over the telephone they asked me how to spell Houston, Texas. I was not talking to someone in the US.

Please post this ASAP so they others do not have to suffer the same economic consequences in already difficult times.

Still bleeding but recovering from the conflict, Linda M. Ambrosie

http://hostsearch.com/lab_domain_registration.asp

I have been informed that yet another formal complaint has been launched against Registerfly. I did not start it, but will be following this as it moves ahead.

Aziza Salikhov is the investigator for consumer affairs in NJ. He is the one to contact that will be looking into these complaints.

His email is: [email protected]

He is -very- interested in hearing from any others that feel they have been wronged by Registerfly.
If he needs more info he will email you back.

These are all the details I have at the moment.

So if anyone wants a place to vent that will listen, please consider contacting Aziza.

-JD
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451428

Ok, on hold a half hour now and 8th disconnect.

Not 5 minutes after I posted this message I received a private message from Paul V. at Registerfly, here is what it said:

regfly said:
You might wish to read our help area

2005-02-12 - Due to a major snowstorm Our Call center is closed today. Phone Support is not available. Please use Live chat or our ticket system

We have a major snowstorm with 16 inches of snow. Our call center is closed. Provide your userid and what the issue is and I can help you

Now I want to document my repsponse:

I've read enough paul. You may wish to read the post and then take some action to improve. I've talked to you on a couple occaissions, again, take a good look at your reputation and then do something about it.

The snow storm has nothing to do with the complaints world-wide and the difficulties I've had over the past 3 years.

One excuse after another and the promises of fixing things means very little to me or any of your other users.

Enjoy the snow storm and I have all my records together should you or your company try to do anything with my domain names.

I'm done playing games pal!

Oh, and your live chat assistance... come on. It's not even available and when it is, it's useless anyway!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for the reply. I'm taking action on this. I'm waiting on nameservers to propogate but I've dedicated a domain name to Registerfly.com and Eveyone will be able to post their experience and when it's up (within 2 days) I will submit a press release and contact some of my constituants.

I've written back to Paul V. asking him to step up to the plate and take care of his business or the public will.

I'm going to need your support so I'll update this post just as soon as the site is up and running. As of this moment, my domains are still in tact and I can still log on but I'll let you all know if anything changes.

•••
•••
for .info Ok

I only use them for .info names. The bulk search is probably one of the best I can find. I cannot comment on support since I have never needed it.

•••
my domain aren't transferring, no snow storm today, still wait on hold for long time and phone is disconnected.

What snow storm is happening today? Just got off the live chat assistance for an hour and got nowhere. Now I'm on the phone. Hung up on once so far, still without talking to anyone.

Ok, it's 12:53pm EST. Been trying to get something solved since about 11:00 am.

Just got off my second phone call. First one I pushed 2 for customer support. This time pushed 4 for billing. No answer and then after almost a half hour on hold, it just times out and disconnects.

I'm interested in what excuse they have this time.

I am calling back one more time. We'll try again right now, and notice the time. I'll post again the results at the exact time I get them.

12:58

Wow, the first time I called I pushed 2 for Customer support. Disconnected after 18 minutes.

2nd time I pushed 4 for Billing. Disconnected after 25 minutes.

3rd time I pushed 1 for sales. Phone was answered with 3 minutes. The time is now 1:05pm.

The guy I'm no phone with now, and employee. knows very little. I get the one second and I'm waiting....

Ok, 1:18 and I've vented a little. The guy still isn't understanding my current problem: I'm trying to transfer my domain from registerfly to fabulous (a stand up company). The Authority email keeps going to [email protected]. I talked with Carl on live chat assistance and he I have to disable Protectfly. I had already done that. So he unlocked them (keep in mind this was an hour chat) and I cancelled the transfers and re-requested the tranfers out. Once again, they are going to [email protected].

Now, they are saying I have to manually go in and unlock every domain name. There is no way to unlock bulk domains. Then the guy tells me this can take 7 to 10 days. Now I'm back on hold.

1:38pm Just got of the phone with them. Getting a little of the run around. After I explaind the situation with the domain transfers, they tell me that my domain names have to be renewed before I can transfer out. I explaind to him that I tried to do that on Sunday and was hit twice in the account and then the failure notice.

I went on to tell him that I'd like nothing more than to keep my domains and re register my domains with Registerfly, if the support and services worked.... His response:
"Then what is the issue?" .. ... ... ... all after 20 minutes on the phone telling him that I tried to renew and many of the other problems I'm having with their service.

To sum it up, he said: "your going to have to submit a support ticket" .. I told him I had already done that. So he said he would also submit a support ticket and they would approve the transfers.

Now we just wait and see...

•••
it's 8:09 pm. I've requested another transfer and now instead of the authority emails going to [email protected], they are going to [email protected]. So, back on hold with them.

I've learned that if you don't choose support or billing and choose #1 for sales, they will answer those calls.

"transfer your domains today, and we'll even add another year to your registration"

"your call is important to us, please remain on the line, and to return to the previous menu press *"

"We are committed to serving every caller curteously and efficiently, hold the line, we'll be with you as soon as possible"

"Rest assured that customer service is our number on priority..." Yeah, right!

8:23pm still on hold. This is ridiculous. I have to hang up.

•••
schnitzeldorf - I think we all get it .... You've made your thoughts on them clear the entire time you've been here - and This really isn't the Discussion part of the forum.

We've all seen your anti-Registerfly site in chat numerous times as well now .... Lets move on Please ...

•••
Mark, it's not my anti-registerfly, it's a community website that stands for a cause and a very legitimate cause. The site has only been active for one day.

Everyone needs to know this company's reputation. These forums are for sharing information to protect other members and I'm trying to document everything that's going on for my own protection. I have domains that I'm concerned about and many others feel the same way as I do. Just take a look at the site and it's very clear.

I won't post on this anymore seeing how this is not a discussion portion of the site.

Last edited:
•••
schnitzeldorf said:
Mark, it's not my anti-registerfly. .

I would disagree, every post about them you trash them.

If you do not like them do not use them, you are pretty annoying

•••
len fischer said:
I would disagree, every post about them you trash them.

If you do not like them do not use them, you are pretty annoying

Well as you can he has a damn good reason to.

"If you do not like them do not use them," I think you've missed the point there a little - he IS trying not to use them, he has around 130 domains with them which he can't transfer out or renew - what do you expect him to do? Abondom all his domains?

Unless you've been in this situation, you won't appriciate the stress it creates. You think he is annoying, imagine how he must feel towards the people thats annoying him.

Anyway, I agree, this isn't the palce for discussion - its for reviews and he has done the review so maybe this should be taken up somewhere else. I hope the problems get resolved, I'm currently experiencing one too - however I've only just sent a support ticket so lets see how things go.

Last edited:
•••
They keep replacing our whois information by theirs. We lost sales because we could not prove the domains are ours. We are leaving them, too.

•••
Yanked all of my domains from me

This happened about a year an a half ago, BTW. I posted this review about 8 or 9 months ago but for some reason it no longer shows so I am psoting it again because everyone should know about it, I fell.

Registerfly made multiple bogus charges to my credit card. Would not respond to my tickets about it even after weeks. I ended up having to dispute the bogus charges with my CC company to get my money back. Once the charge backs went through they locked my account and took all my domains from me even though I paid for all of them - every single one of them - about 20 domains. I lost a few really good domains over this. Luckily, CC companies will give you up to 6 months to dispute charges for things you buy for use for a year (like domains), so I was able to dispute the charges for nearly all of the domains and get my money back. This also resulted in mega bucks being charged to RF as each domain was bought separately and therefore required each to be charged back separately. One charge back can cost the merchant as much as $30, depending on your merchant account provider. I have not been able to ever get back any of the good domains as they sold them off to other parties who are keeping them since they are obviously worth something to hold on to.

They told me that the only way they would reinstate my account and give my domains back to me was if I called my CC company and reversed all the charge backs (for the bogus charges - IO had not charged back the legit charges yet at this point). So I did call my CC company but they told me once a dispute and charge back is done, it is up to the merchant to get them reversed. The customer cannot have them reversed. I already knew this as I have my own merchant account and knows the policies. So I told RF that I contacted the CC company and told them what they told me but they did not reply. I even faxed them at the fax that they gave me and they still never responded. So I decided to just dispute all the charges I could to at least recover the money back from most of the domains they had "yanked from me".

BTW, when they yanked the domains, they changed all the whois infos to various names within regly, one being the "fraud recovery dept". Like as if I commited any fraud. If anyone did, they did but they tried to make it seem as if I was a fraudster by doing this. What a great company, huh?

So take this as a warning. Exercise your rights as a consumer with RF and they will get POed and lock your account and take all of your domains that you paid for away from you.

Be cautious with RegisterFly. In fact, forget using them all together. That's my advice.

Something you might want to know is that every single one of my domains was bought on a coupon code and this may be the reason why they decided to screw me. So if you only buy domains from RF with a coupon code and you notice that the service they give you is sub par, think about it.

Last edited:
•••
Terrible experience...

I just wanted to share this shamefull experience with them. I especially like their term "Rapid Response".... haha :)

I've registered 2 domains and they charged me $29.97 which is the price for 3 domans ($9.99 each), so naturaly I asked them why. After few days I finally got the answer "May we know how many domains you registered ? If you tried to register 3 domains then please give me the 3rd domain name so I can check."

Isn't that what they should check first. I mean I sent the ref number and everything.... Unbeliveble.... :(

Second, I had problems with setting the DNS for domain I registered. When I asked their support again to help I got this "This domain is not registered with registerfly. Thank you." and the domain wanished from my account. Can you believe this!!!!!! And they didnt even refund me the money....

What a company... :)

Haha... that domain I mentioned in prev post.... it is registered to guy from Israel.... and with yahoo!!! hahaha :)

Domain Name.......... file2host.com
Creation Date........ 2006-03-03
Registration Date.... 2006-03-03
Expiry Date.......... 2007-03-03
Organisation Name.... revital gordin
Organisation Address. ain ziq 28
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. metar
Organisation Address. 85025
Organisation Address. none
Organisation Address. ISRAEL

I can believe that they are world class scammers!!!!!

This is the conformation email I got from them for this domain:

2006-02-28 DOMAIN PURCHASE: Domain :file2host.com Term :1 year Price :$6.99 Ref# :30301305 $-6.99

Conformation email when I tried to change the DNS to Sedo:
Milos Matovic

You have recently submitted a domain change request for your account. A confirmation of the changes appears below.

=======================================================
Request ID: 30301983
Request Date: 2006-02-28 04:58:09
Domain Name: file2host.com
Change Type: DNS_CHANGE
Response: error:Invalid Order status

=======================================================

Yeah I know EbookLover... coupon code... hehe... wish I read your thread before this....

Anyway, stay the hell out of this company!

•••
Poort customer support, no longer accepts paypal :( good bargains and offers.

Registerfly is overall a good registrar minus the poor user interface/features and the lack of decent (english speaking) support "technicians".

Their weekly offers sent via email are very good and for an enom reseller are a very good registrar to use.

After everything that has happened, I have now lost several domains.

DO NOT USE REGISTERFLY EVER!

Last edited:
•••
They owe me for some domains that were taken already. If it wasn't for this thread I would not have looked at statements again for that transaction! So a big Thanks rmwebs!

Other than that I have had no problems with them. I find them very easy to use. Compared to the hell of transfering a domain with godaddy. Talk about making it hard.

•••
Control Panel Sucks

Hard to use the control panel, cheap prices but support is sucks... So slow the website.
I am transfering out all my domains there slowly... Now just left 2 more there... 3 had been transfered today. Bye Bye REGFLY!

•••
Sux

Bad, bad, and......yep, still bad.

•••
Been happy with them over-all

In 3+ years only two minor issues which were quickly resolved by their support staff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back