RegisterFly.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
schnitzeldorf said:
You just started using the wrong registrar. We all thought they looked good when we started but you'll soon find out.

Here is a recent post from Registerflies.com

And yes, Registerfly has cost me many hours and provided nothing but many problems.

Good Luck with Registerfly, you are going to need it.
Where the many hours lost in relation to hosting or domain names? I have only used them to register domains

•••
Domain names. Do a search on google. Take a look at www.Registerflies.com

Hosting is horrible also from what I've heard but everyone here is speaking of domain names. Transfer out before they do it for you. I repeat, DO NOT USE REGISTERFLY unless you are asking for problems and missing domains. It's not only the script, it's the company. If you use Registerfly for anything after what the Better business bureau says, after searching them on Google, or after reading about the fraudulent activity taking place within the company, then that's your choice.

I'm only offering friendly advice - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH REGISTERFLY.COM under any circumstances.. domains or otherwise. Just do a search and you'll quickly learn for yourself.

•••
Review

Registerfly continually reminds me of a company that has lots of financial backing, but none of the knowledge to make it work.

Most of their bulk features are not functioning.
They still continue to charge for domain registrations that don't go through.
They continually advertise specials that never materialize.
Even the updating of their site is usually weeks behind, Their flypaper sales pages are very seldom current. And when they are current, see the issue above.

Their aggressive pricing is definately keeping them alive and thriving these days. But, will a undercutting strategy work in the long term? Not likely, unless they take a crash course in customer service, and really turn things around.

P.S. I register from 50 to 100 domains a week. This company's weaknesses become pretty apparent at this volume.

•••
Review

Worst company!!! They will delete your domain names and let you reg them again by yourself.(Who will pay the reg fee?) Need to wait more than 25--40 minutes for the phone support---you will also wait for another 12 hours to get them review your problem. That's very bad bad company to deal with even they offer promotion sale.

•••
Their support is the absolute lowest. Extremely incompetent and slow in responses. Their interface is not fully functional. Their bulk management tools are not working for months so forget about changing nameservers for more than one domain at a time. Their support responses simply insult your inteligence at times. They are absolutely awful. It's a shame they PAY / LOSE money to acquire more business (by offering $3.xx domain transfers) and fail to deliver decent support and management tools afterwards (= losing the same customers they've gained.)

•••
Review Thread: RegisterFly.com

webcom said:
Their support is the absolute lowest. Extremely incompetent and slow in responses. Their interface is not fully functional. Their bulk management tools are not working for months so forget about changing nameservers for more than one domain at a time. Their support responses simply insult your inteligence at times. They are absolutely awful. It's a shame they PAY / LOSE money to acquire more business (by offering $3.xx domain transfers) and fail to deliver decent support and management tools afterwards (= losing the same customers they've gained.)

Hi,

Everything webcom said is so very true.

I've been telling RegFly for months that their Bulk Tool does not work
but my complaints fell on deaf ears.

RegFly staff themselves tried to update my info using the Bulk Tool
and emailed me that the changes to Name Servers and Who-Is was done successfully.

The info changed in the RegFly control panel but never made it to the Registry.

Their staff never bothers to check their work.

Now they said in response to a Support Ticket that there is a "minor" problem with the Bulk Tool.

There is nothing minor about it.

Yet they have failed to notify their membership in any way that the
Bulk Tool is not working. In fact, when you are in the Control Panel
you are encouraged to use the (non-working) Bulk Tool.

Even worse, when you manually change the Who-Is ,it will change in
RegFly's Control Panel but will NOT change at the Registry.

RegFly boasts reaching the milestone of 1,000,000 customers.

I wonder how many of those customers will remain with this truly awful company.

Be careful with RegFly.

:td:

•••
RegisterFly stole my domains and they will steal yours also

These people are dirty filthy crooks. They will lie to you and cheat you and steal your domain names. They have stolen more than 40 of my valuable domain names and lied to me when they said I could buy them back. They now refuse to retunr to me what was mine and has been for 4 years.

Paul is a liar. He is a crook and he will lie and tell you they care but they dont. Their system is not making the mistakes they are lying about. It is a human stealing my domains from me. Plain and simple they took these and many more from me

http://www.alfredmoya.com/registerfly/index.html

Do not trust these people. The services suck. They use the ProtectFly to steal your domain sales. They will change the reg dates on your domains and take themn from your account. They will charge your credit card and not renew your names. when you ask them anbout this they will issue a credit to your account but you can never have the domain you owned or a refund.

•••
•••
great domain registered!

Great domain registerer, gives u tons of cheap deals on registrations,transfers,renewels.. !!

•••
Updated review based on recent history

I used go get good service out of Registerfly with a few error here and there. In the past 6 months, service has been horrible, they lost domains, the interface didn't work, they refused to fix errors, they deleted active support tickets, and much more. Although they had a great interface, it has too many bugs and their support and business practices are questionable. Their prices are low, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

•••
their support seems very lacking well actually there is none...currently i can not register a .info i have tried 21 times through their interface and the API that i run, and to make it worse are slack at replying to support tickets as been atleast 14 hours since i submitted a ticket and im still waiting for a reply

i now regret useing them as they are useless

•••
Drops domain names frequently and they don't care

When I think of RegisterFly I think of ICANN and how they need to take action against this company. In some countries what RegisterFly.com does is considered a scam and fraud. They have dropped names without warning (from what I hear it is a common occurrence). I am yet to use there automated SSL purchase process within the ten minutes setup time as advertised, often it takes over a week and in once instance they actually admitted they where having issues and refunded my money INTO MY REGISTERFLY ACCOUNT AND ONLY $13.99 RATHER THEN $69.99
ICANN please step up and give RegisterFly.com the kick it truly deserves.

•••
Tread carefully

I have been doing my business with this company for some time. Until recently, I have encountered no problems. First I'll point out the good points:
-Great pricing, there are always bargains to be had with this registrar
-Fairly feature-rich interface

Now the negative:
-Although their customer-service approachability is top-notch (many avenues are offered with which to contact them), 24/7 even, with an online 'live chat' with which to get a hold of someone usually within 10 minutes -- it doesn't do much good if your problems do not get solved, the live chat reps usually tell you to fill out a 'trouble ticket' anyways. Then the tickets just sit there, unanswered for days on end.
-Ease-of-use can be a problem as well. I tried to register a couple of domains one day, and kept getting 'failure to register' emails, so I requested a refund and was basically told to 'piss-off' because the funds were in the 'quick checkout' part of my account, and that I didn't read the agreement close enough -- you don't get refunds of funds put into your quick checkout account.
-Hosting: Couldn't tell you all that much about this service, as when I signed up for it, I never did receive a 'welcome email' tellling me how to get it started. I requested a refund for this also, which I paid for with my credit card, they refunded the money into my 'quick checkout'! Now I cannot get this money back.

Long story short, tread carefully with this company. A quick check of BBB.org will tell you all you need to know, do the same check of godaddy and you see quite the opposite. I am currently transferring all of my domains to godaddy, but it seems that registerfly is not being cooperative in this matter either. Woof.

•••
Stay away from registerfly

RegisterFly is cheap but in my experience you get even less then what you paid for. Constantly dropping names and changing records without permission.
Lost a number of names due to there negligence, lost new registrations, renewals, and domains that had 6+ months prepaid.
There ticket system is also shocking, you need several tickets and weeks to have a simple issue corrected as support has trouble reading English.

•••
Worst registrar so far.

RegisterFly.com is so far the worst registrar for me. I couldn't register a bunch of domain names for more then 24 hours and after that time I could register only a few of them. The coupon flashing on there home page was not working. Also I tried to transfer few names to RegisterFly.com and entered domain secret and unlocked the domain at the current registrars(yes different registrars) and paid RegisterFly.com for the same But after few days I got a mail from RegisterFly.com stating transfer failed without and reason.
I would not recommend this registrar to anyone. It is the worst in the industry. Even the domain small resellers in my city provide better services.

•••
Unreliable -- services fail and money is not refunded

I and many other people have found that registerfly have cheap quoted prices, but often registrations, transfers etc fail and money is not refunded

I don;t recommend them

•••
Review

Registerfly has cost me thousands of pounds, they are the worst company to deal with, sometimes not letting you renew your domain names for weeks, i have massive sites/online shops with PR6 and they suddenly go offline due to me being unable to renew the domain name, the worst thing is, they do not let you renew the name until its fully expired and even then, you keep getting the message 'Failed: Unable to renew RENEWAL_RT 1' when trying to renew... The worst thing is, they charge you to renew etc and never refund you costing you the 'cheap' $8.99 again and again till it finally works days later! :(

...and when you complain or open a support ticket, they keep closing it saying they are working on the issue, please do yourself a favor, never, ever use registerfly.com, don't believe the hype, stick with godaddy.com or something... registerfly.com is a waste of time and will literally destroy your online businesses.

Please note, they also steal valuable domain names, i have had some very valuable domain names with this and they suddenly dissapear from your domain list and no where to be seen ever again, when you submit a ticket about this, they say we are working on the issue and close the ticket... they are crooks and there should be a law against this type of company.

Please do yourself a favour, never use them, you will live to regret it.

Last edited:
•••
Has registerfly ever responded publicly to all the accusations against them?

•••
obvio said:
Has registerfly ever responded publicly to all the accusations against them?
A new employee at RegisterFly created an account here:
http://www.namepros.com/member.php?userid=43555

He hasn't logged in for a few days, but I'm sure getting support through him would be 10x faster than their ticket system. :p

•••
Danger - Cannot deliver services it advertises

As of 11:20 am EST December 4, the registerfly site is down. This isn't the only time i've had trouble even accessing their site. Unfortunately, this lack of service is reflected in everything that they do.

I came by Registerfly because a friend recommended it. True, their user interface and features are impressive. After registering about 10 domains however, i have to pull the ripcord. This company seems to be falling apart.

I have twice now attempted to register some domains (.ca in particular) and found, despite 2 support tickets that the domains they supposedly registered, charged me for and display in my account are still available for anyone else to register.

This is not the only problem i have had with registerfly - they seem to make even the simplest domain administration very painful, url redirects do not work, domain transfers require hours of handholding, etc. Some of their problems seem to be specifically with .ca names, but in any case they are advertising services they cannot deliver.

They keep asking for my patience, but this is utter nonsense. If you are a domain registrar who can't register domains - go out of business please and stop wasting my time.

signed, Registerfly user: mlpvolt

Last edited:
•••
Run Away Asap

I originally found registerfly back in 2001, and if it hadn't been for the idea of wanting to keep my domain at it's original registrar for as long as possible, I would have left a LONG time ago.

Problems:
- Their site is incredibly slow

- Their site is 100% oriented to get more business from you, or keep your business. Not in a reassuring way, but in a "here's 5000 ways you can renew your service, and we're going to shove them in your face on every screen" kind of way.

- Their help is horrible. I've never recieved any phone help, despite waiting well over an hour and a half on 3 separate occasions (2 recently, one a few years ago). I've had to wait well over an hour and a half to recieve any sort of web response on their "live" help. When I did recieve help, he proceeded to tell me that I was wrong, when I was, in fact, correct. After we "hung up," I mysteriously got what I asked for (a confirmation of transfer email that he said I didn't need, but I did. Again, trying to keep your business at every shady cost).

- Their interface has a few nice features, but likes to hide anything that you might need to get out of registerfly. I actually had a godaddy support person on the line w/me for about 20 minutes trying to find the auth code for a domain transfer on registerfly's site. Nothing in the help docs about it, and I ended up having to scour this forum to find what I needed. Not a very good interface if that's the case.

They do have a few nice features, but what is the point of nice features when you can barely get the site to work (pages timeout all the time) and any help for your service is absolutely worthless?

Price isn't really competitive in today's market.. there's just no reason to use registerfly, and HUGE reasons not to. Don't walk, RUN away from this HORRIBLE domain name "service" provider.

Relevant thread:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/260446-argh-registerfly.html

•••
They suck and cost way to much I give Namecheap.com 5 Stars outa 5 on all levels.

•••
dammit..i should have googled this thread a looong time ago..what should i do now. what domain registrar service should i use? if i want to change, do i just request a transfer or are these folks going to make me register a new name?

•••
if no one give'em a chance...they'll never be a good registrar....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back