RegisterFly.com

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Avoid at all costs. They dropped a name I registered for after I had paid for it and then denied it was ever in my account when it was before they let someone else reg it! Customer support has no clue what they are talking about. I have a pending ticket there that has not been resolved for a month now. Here is the skinny: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=145722 I rather register from a gas station then with them.

•••
positives: Bulk registration tool, good newsletter deals
negatives: No paypal, bad phone support

•••
Avoid them!

They are a disaster. Their ticket system is answered by morons!
Stay away from them. I am moving all my domains out as they come due.

•••
Good! But exensive

RegisterFly Are very good and give you a lot of free services with your domains!

•••
Good service

I like them very much, simple to use, 1.79 .info special is very easy

•••
I love registefly ... never had any problem with them ..

•••
Good!

RegisterFly is very good and they even accept MoneyBookers :D

•••
Beware!!!

WHoops, I already posted before, please ignore.

•••
good service. I like them for accepting various payment services ;)

•••
First day's experience: BAD, but fixed.

randomo said:
I just opened an account today to reg some .INFOs. I put a bunch in my shopping cart, but many of them disappeared (a couple of times), even after just a minute or two. After I finally got them registered, I tried to set URL Redirection, but kept getting a message that said "Unable to set forwarding:" (with no explanation). Also, their site was being very slow, and some domains were listed as lacking the ProtectFly service, even though I had requested it for all of them. Frustrated, I called their "24/7" customer support, and the phone rang 25 times with no answer. This is the last time I'll make the mistake of using RegisterFly!
EDIT/followup: NP member "regfly" has solved those problems for me, so I'm now feeling much better about RegisterFly. (He said they're opening a new call center, which is temporarily interfering with customer support, but he was able to make my whois info private as requested.) I apparently can't change my "star" rating of RegisterFly, but would now give them 3 stars for customer service and a 2- or 3-star overall rating.

Last edited:
•••
alot to say about that place but the bottom line . BAD BAD BAD PLACE

•••
Very good

I love to see people trashing registerfly and recommending pretty piss poor company. I now mainly use domain site (kinda buggy but cheap) and most registerfly. No problems

•••
While..i'm still waiting their responds.. My account balance is not correct. :(

•••
randomo said:
(He said they're opening a new call center, which is temporarily interfering with customer support, but he was able to make my whois info private as requested.) .
That's odd, :-/ I was on hold with RegFly for 25 minutes last night, I've sent them 2 emails, and NO REPLY!
I've got over 30 domains there, I think they'd be alittle more appreciative of the business.
Actually- I made one error, I've received 2 more bulk/automails from them, but NO REPLY to my email, and obviously no callback.
The more I deal with RegFlythe more I lose faith in humanity and everything good.

•••
ouch, THE WORST Customer Service EVER!

Customer service is among the worst of the 6 registrars I've worked with. Their "24/7" Customer Service Line is an absolute joke, and not a funny one at that. With GOdaddy I've never been on hold for over 4 minutes, even with NameCheap never over 10. The 3 times I've TRIED to call RegFly I've been on hold for 15, 18, and 24 minutes before giving up. I've also sent them 2 separate emails. They have no problem sending auto/bulk emails, just replying to real people who need their help, and their services that they've promised in writing. I'd like to transfer all 25+ domains I have there out, but I'm afraid it will cost me a fortune and their customer service hasn't replied, so eventually I (probably) WILL just get rid of them, one batch of domains at a time.
Their prices and features aren't bad, but the customer service is literally a nightmare and a disaster.

•••
The Absolute Worst Customer Service Available

nothing but horrible thing to say about them. I'll leave it at that

•••
Horrible Service, Slow Site

This is probablt the worst registrar i have ever dealt with. Not only is their site extremely slow, their customer service horrible but they have also charged me for domains they didn't register.

•••
The worst

Multiple problems. As of right now 01/23 there page just says "unable to connect" nothing else. Pulled a switch on passwords without a warning, excessive downtime, rude support, and DNS problems.

It seems like they just poke at it until something breaks, and then leave the customers to figure out whats going on.

•••
pretty good

Customer Service is average but the interface and pricing is excellent. I have used them for two years

•••
Abysmal!!

I registered around 20 domains with regfly, made payment, recieved email saying payment taken, only to be told ten minutes later that only 2 were registered and the rest were not due to an unknown problem. I lost out to 3 very good domains thanks to them. Again a month later I tried to register a .info name and same problem again. Replies from customer service go along the line of "ok.. like we care" !!! no apologies, no explination - nothing.

I made 3 attempts at registering a domain in the last hour with Regfly, everytime they took payment and 10-15mins later sent an email saying it couldn't be registered, same crap again... I went to namecheap and registered it within 3-4 minutes.

The site it self is a joke. You add something to the cart and cant delete it without emptying the entire cart - now thats not pleasant when your trying to register like 50 names in bulk. Randomly getting logged out and losing entire cart contents... its a joke.

I mean, they take your payment, confirm it, even tell you its non-refundable, and then tell you oh, we couldn't register your domain!!! Absolute rubbish. I'll be transfering my domains away from them at the soonest possible opportunity.

I RECOMMEND YOU TO STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM REGFLY... even if they give you .coms for free.. avoid them like the plague! Otherwise believe me, you will regret it.

I would like to add more to this, however I suspect I'll get banned if I let all my feelings out on here. Only bad bad bad words can describe these fools. Bad words.

Still disgusted. Makes me sick to think theres a number of people out there who give these fools anything more than a 2 rating out of 10! Thats just total nonse. Anyone giving these lot a good rating must either work for them or be affiliated in some way, or a family member or just pretending they used them when they haven't even been to the site.

--- ah.. ok enough. sorry. just that I'm really annoyed (incase you couldn't tell)

•••
prices are ok but unreliable service

they are very unreliable i mean you can't depend on their support

takes years to solve one simple problems ...

•••
Terrrible, tried to rip me off, rubbish customer service

Completly rubbish company. Told me at one point that new.net domains were TLD and veiwable by all....

Support is non-existent, the only way to get support within 4 weeks is to contact the regfly member on NamePros.

•••
Review

**Warning** Dont use them for other than registering the top TLD's.

Last edited:
•••
Review

registerfly support stinks. I have been trying to get in contact with them for almost 3 days now because they put my account on restricted mode now I can't do anything with any of my domains.

I have been calling them but no luck. I will stay on the phone for about an hour listening to those damn music and annoucement but no one will talk to me

Their live support is hardly on and when they finally on, they told me they can't help me with that issue

they NEVER reply to emails.

I will be transferring my domains to another company. Who knows what could happen in the future and they might leave me hanging.

•••
value said:
registerfly support stinks. I have been trying to get in contact with them for almost 3 days now because they put my account on restricted mode now I can't do anything with any of my domains.

I have been calling them but no luck. I will stay on the phone for about an hour listening to those damn music and annoucement but no one will talk to me

Their live support is hardly on and when they finally on, they told me they can't help me with that issue

they NEVER reply to emails.

I will be transferring my domains to another company. Who knows what could happen in the future and they might leave me hanging.

That is typical of RegFly.

No replies to emails.
They don't answer "24/7" support lines.
Live "support" can never help you with an issue...

Therefore support does not exist.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back