RegisterFly.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Thread is for reviews of RegisterFly.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't Like Them

Hi,
I've had many bad experiences with them more than once. The first they stole my domain and I finally got it back a bit later. Then the second time they said my domain expired half way through the year. There customer service is horrible.
Hopefully they start doing something right!

•••
Really good

Aside from a few glitches, they are very good. I have two main companies that I use and RegisterFly is one of them.

•••
Cheap but unreliable!

Within a period of under three months windows hosting site has been down on one occasion for 7 days and on another occasion 3 days. Telephone based customer service does not give accurate timeframes for resolutions. You get answers like "it will be back up tonight" before you even tell them your site name. They apparently use co-location facilities and must have only a few servers for hosting - this is based on what a technical support person suggested. Even though the price is low, unless you don't mind your site being down for days, I would avoid them.

•••
Review

I like the screen and overall management. For domain names they are superb. Waiting for codes is not good however to get cheap prices.

•••
Review

Everything is excellent. I don't understand what some mean by terrible support, although my problems have been simple (e.g. free 25MB Web space).

•••
Some bad past experience now its getting better

After 10 e-mails sent to support I got my domains. Hope this means the company has changed its behaviour and started providing services to the customers. If something new happens I will provide informations here. Now, when I have a possibility of actually managing my domains, I must say that control panel looks really nice compared to other companies' panels. Hope everything will go smoothly with Registerfly and me now on.

Last edited:
•••
Bloody smashing

Absolutely smashing!

Great interface, sales specials are always on top, support has always been fast when needed. 123reg for co.uk and fly fo all else.

Highly recommend them

•••
Review

User interface is OK but you often get logged off for no valid reason.
Customer support is OK most of the time.
I have had problems when registering ccTLDs like .at, .it, .co.uk., it seems they are reseller for Tucows actually for these ccTLDs.
They are cheap but not so reliable IMHO.

•••
Review

Great! Multiple payment method! I like it!

•••
I have purchased 1080 Domains from registerfly
Despite being a reseller with 3 other companies
But RegFly is the Best price and Service going

Last edited:
•••
I Love Registerfly!

It was the best. I spent a week researching the domain industry, and finally came tot he conclusion of RegisterFly! I have registered a whopping 14 domains with them in like a week!

•••
Accepts many payment options

I like them because they accepts number of payment options like Paypal, MoneyBookers, StormPay etc.

•••
Triple-Billed my credit card...no refund

Triple-Billed my credit card...no refund...

•••
The best for me! Accept Moneybookers and helpful customer service!

I started to register names with RegisterFly on 2005-07-21. And now I am getting to really like them. By now I am holding over 20 domains with them (and keep transferring all my domains to them). Their customer service helped me many times, especially with transfers of *.info names. Since I've tested them, now I am sure they will try hard to solve all my problems.

One of the most important features they have is Moneybookers payment option. It's very useful for me and it's free! Exactly. I make a local transfer (free in my bank) to load the money and then I can pay instantly on RegisterFly (which is also completely free) anytime I want. Fast, secure and free!

And what I love are their promotions. Anytime you want to register a new name or transfer one, they will have a great specials, $5.89 transfers, $7.99 registrations and renewals.

Something which is also worth noticing, they have Whois data protection free (if you read their e-mails carefully). What else? Now I am going to by some SSL certificates which starting at $15.99 which is simply great!

In daily use, very nice option is restoring the shopping cart. Imagine you put some names into, and then something happened to your browser. But you can click twice and get the whole cart back (actually you can restore a lot of previous carts from different dates!). They also had a great idea to create a Domain Tree - a tool to sort and manage all your domains easily.
Their profiles (for whois data and DNS) are very useful.

I cannot say anything about their hosting since I have my own hosting company.

In the end, I have to say that I really like them and by now there is no reason to even think about any other registrar.

•••
one of the best interfaces. THE WORST EVER customer support

I am their customer since Dec2004. Have 15 domains with them, some of them are my customers'. Once I was VERY happy about my choice of the registrar. Untill it was time to use their so-called "support". Not that they are complete noobs (it was ME who have explained them about different duration of grace period in different registrars!) in domain business they simply are USELESS. If the problem is somewhat complicated (like refund of the triple billing), they can't do anything. Actually had one of my tickets not resolved by 42 (FOURTY TWO!) days, untill posted in webhostingtalk.com and their representative there had contacted me. Then it was resolved very quickly, to my favour.

To their favour I must say that the interface simply ROCKS! And free whois protection is quite usefull.

End note: use them if you feel like you will not use their customer service.

•••
Wonderful

Just realized I only commented never voted, oops

Absolutely smashing!

Great interface, sales specials are always on top, support has always been fast when needed. 123reg for co.uk and fly fo all else.

Highly recommend them

•••
Terrible Customer Service

I despise this registrar and will never use them again. While the interface and features are okay, the customer service is easily the worst I have experienced.

•••
TopNames.com said:

Triple-Billed my credit card...no refund...
Me too ,but Got Refund Promptly
Have you contacted them

•••
excellent

Very good, a quick phone call solves issues. Like special codes

•••
Totally love them

The control panel and rapid support is really good. Their pricing also rocks. I totally love them. Keep up the great work Registerfly.

•••
Quite goof

Very nice design and easy of use! The only problem is prices and service!

•••
Awful, AVOID!

Support is AWFUL! Had to email 3 times for them to respond saying they had no proof of my purchase. Prices are VERY high compared to other registrars. Stay as far away as possible.

•••
Disappointing Paypal issue has made them 1 less customer

The whole paypal fiasco has put me off this company. The email and phone support is slow and unhelpful. I would not suggets this company, in my opinion paying a few extra dollars is worth staying away from this company.

•••
Horrible

IMHO prices are too high. Their whois service is also unreliable and I have purchased already reg'd domains, and it took 2 months for a refund. Curstomer service is SHOCKING. I contacted them 3 times in one week and received no response until 2 months later... Very frustrating,

•••
Avoid at all costs

Totally incompetent support, avoid them at all costs. Will be transferring all domains registered here to other registrars as soon as possible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back