Finteza

Registered “A Product” .com Domain....Now what??

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by saucey, Mar 8, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

So got lucky and picked up a “product” .com today. I don’t want to reveal just yet... but by “product” I mean a word like “table” or “gazebo” or “shelving” or “couch”. When I Google the product word... I see it being sold at Amazon and many other places/sites on the net.

I’m wondering if I should just try and set up a reseller site for the product? Or if I should list at auction and see what kind of a price I might get? Or speak with a domain broker?
    Or ?????

Any thoughts people?

Cheers!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. stub

stub Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats. You could open an Amazon store. Which might be a good way to monetize the domain. I would imagine if you just hand registered a 1 word product domain, it is probably quite rare, and doesn't have a high reseller value. So a broker, except somebody like GoDaddy/Afternic/Sedo, will probably not be interested to assist you to sell it. Value? You need to tell us the domain.

3. DBurn

DBurn Account Auto-Closed

We would need to hear what the domain name is to give advice - probably worth much much less than table.com if you hand registered it.

4. maxtra

maxtra Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Depending on the name and the amount of traffic, setting up affiliate marketing, an ecommerce store, etc. are certainly viable options.

Good luck!

5. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

As far as selling the domain:

Just list it everywhere, plus post a landing page (“for sale”) - and wait.

If you have a lot of time on your hands (I don’t) - do outbound too.

As far as a broker - sounds like it is just an average name so unless you’re willing to give a broker an exclusive right to sell listing for at least a year - forget it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  6. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes... it is not as killer as table.king would be but it is a single word product name.

I received some great advice from you guys as well as a couple of direct messages with advice as well.

I think I will park it for a short while and see what kind of traffic it gets and then take it from there.

Cheers!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!