IT.COM

Register.com [.org] EPP transfer code?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a customer who has a .org at register.com listed under a former member of their organization. He is trying his best to help us transfer the domain out of his account, of which he has other domains.

I've been reading up on the register.CON posts here and noted the outrageous $200 fee they have.

We want to transfer the domain OUT of register.com, however, it requires an EPP code. I cannot find anything on how to obtain this code, nor can the gentleman trying to get it out of his account for us.

Where/how do we get the EPP code for this .org? I went to transfer to my enom account, but it requires this EPP code prior to submitting the transfer.

Thanks for any advice/help!

Wade

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest calling Register.com 866.734.4249 (their main customer support offices are in Nova Scotia, Canada) ... and asking them to send this special transfer code to the e-mail address of record (Whois and Register.com account).
With that, you should be able to then "pull" the domain name away to Enom, whomever.
Please let us know if that helps at all (never done one like this, but have called them on other matters plenty of times in the past).
All the best!
B-)

•••
Thanks Jeff, just forwarded this to my client so she can work with the current registrant to initiate a change. I will post back results as I get them.

Wade

•••
Sounds good! :tu:

They are actually pretty helpful on the phone, but be sure to have full access to the Register.com account e-mail address, as well as the WhoIs (for the domain name) e-mail address ... and then stay on top of them for the information required via e-mail.
Hoping it'll all work out in short order for you folks. :talk:
B-)

•••
register.com is very helpful on transfers. Just call them and have them send you a list of EPP codes for your names.

•••
Jeff (and riceman)

Thanks, this is exactly what we needed! My client just emailed me and said she called and they emailed the EPP code to the email record of contact. The email contact had no idea where to get the EPP code, but now that we have it, we can complete the transfer.

Appreciate the professional and helpful advice, thank you both very much!

•••
Good to go! :lala:

:hearts:

•••
Thanks for the straightforward advice, Jeff. Its nice to hear they are so forthcoming with transfers away from them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back