IT.COM

Rackshack is Back But With a Higher Price Tag

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Rackshack (now EV1Servers) closed their registration site last Wed. for "maintenance". I had a feeling that when they re-opened today the old $5.00 reg price would be gone and it was. Now $6.49 + tax - about $7. Still cheap but my resellers accounts elsewhere are the same and offer much better management features. Still it was fun while it lasted and Rack saved me about $700 on the domains I regged there while there were selling them at a loss.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its not bad of a raise but still a raise :) thanks for the info

•••
I also took advantage of the $5 price while it was offered. $6.49+tax is still a good deal for registering through OpenSRS, but there's no longer a price incentive not to use eNom.

Does anyone know the final price after tax for ev1severs now?

•••
For $5.00 I could live with a hard to use interface, at nearly $7.00 (including tax) I would rather just spend a few pennies more and get a real domain management interface.

•••
ouch. Back to eNom for me.

•••
•••
I never registered a domain at EV1Servers, and was just going to register one now but... :'(

•••
7 dollars with out a membership fee/account balance still beats paying for an enom account

•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
7 dollars with out a membership fee/account balance still beats paying for an enom account

ditto!

oh gooody...still great price...yea!!!:bingo:

•••
I've always been a BulkRegister man.

•••
I'd rather just use NameCheap, I would have saved a lot of money before though.. since the 5.41 came out I have regged about 10 names. Would have saved $30.. too bad.

•••
I don't really care about price.

Most of the registrars are well under $10 now.

I look for security, service, and a great GUI.

•••
reg almost 40 while the going was good....saved.....tons$$$..willb looking for an enom someday!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back