Domain Empire

Question...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
On average, how much of random 4-number .com's worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some numbers like
1000.com is really worth a lot
Also, 746.com should be highly valued.....
In the same way....all triplets like 1111,2222,3333 etc have higher value
over other 4 numbers
Also, if a number is a pin code of some area, then its imporance might increase
if you find a buyer in that area
Also, domains with numbers are also used in nameservers
Hope that helps

Last edited:
•••
any typical value of just a random 4-number .com domain name? What if a google search returns 1750,000 results for that number? Just trying to see if it's feasible for me to buy these type of domains (for resale) @ $8.95 a piece.

:lala:

•••
I doubt the prices, but it depends on the domain.

1234.com
5678.com
911.com
etc

•••
random ones aren't worth much now because you can just register them but soon they will all be registered and worth a lot so if youy keep them for 2 or 3 years they will be worth a lot more then they are worth now.

•••
but then u have to pay 2-3x more to register for 2-3 years :P and they might still be worth reg fee and u will lose money :P

•••
•••
•••
lol, hes just wants np$ ....

•••
•••
killaklown said:
lol, hes just wants np$ ....

and you dont?

Posted here for over a year before joining the domain biz

•••
Hi,

What do you think the numbers that are in the thousands like; 1500.com, 4500.com.........5800.com...............and so forth..............are worth??

I don't think there are many around. Megago.com seems to have a lot of them directed at his site. I would think many people type in the good numbers just to see who has them.

Cheers,

Showcase

•••
showcase said:
Hi,

What do you think the numbers that are in the thousands like; 1500.com, 4500.com.........5800.com...............and so forth..............are worth??

I don't think there are many around. Megago.com seems to have a lot of them directed at his site. I would think many people type in the good numbers just to see who has them.

Cheers,

Showcase

I would think 4 digits ending in zero + zero would fetch a very nice price. I have been tracking 4 digit.com auctions recently and see lots of them (with regular numbers) end mid-$XX to high-$XX. Those with 8's and 6's go for a little more.

Recent private auction results:
1850.COM went for $290, although it also has significance as a year.
1616.COM went for $400.

3900.com recently dropped, but got snapped up somewhere where I do not have access. I did see the pre-drop bidding on it was around $150 -- but clearly sold for more. Perhaps someone who saw that can give us a closing figure.

•••
Hi,

I did see the 3900.com auction. It sold for either 390 or 400. I am not sure how high people really go for numbers. I haven't delt with them.

I noticed some $4000 and $5000 price tags on 4 digit domains. That seems high to me for a numerical domain. There must be a reason they carry such a high price tag.

Showcase

•••
JamesFNomar said:
On average, how much of random 4-number .com's worth?
Three random numbers :)

•••
showcase said:
Hi,

I did see the 3900.com auction. It sold for either 390 or 400. I am not sure how high people really go for numbers. I haven't delt with them.

I noticed some $4000 and $5000 price tags on 4 digit domains. That seems high to me for a numerical domain. There must be a reason they carry such a high price tag.

Showcase

Thanks for the report. I was hoping to see that auction, but glad to just find the result. Who snapped it up anyway?

As for the $4000-5000 prices, I haven't seen those. Are you looking at sales/auctions for those final numbers, or just various asking prices?

I believe one of the reasons for the recent attention numerical domains are getting is releated to asian surfers. There seems to be a preference for numerals, especially the numbers 8 and 6 - and even more so in the order they are displayed (eg, 8's following 6's). I have been doing some surfing lately and I see tons and tons of links to domains with numerals. If you want to look for yourself, go check out yys888.net. I have no idea what kind of site it is (there is one harmless popup). But put your mouse over all the links and scan the URLs in your status bar.

Someone in another thread pointed out 4 digit dot coms also may be relevant to spelling out words via a 10-digit phone pad. I'm sure there are other interests (birthdates, street addresses, etc.).

Nothing definitive on the interest. The only thing I am sure of is that 4 digit .coms are being accumulated. And the prices are inching up. With only 10,000 combinations who knows what they could be valued at in the future.

•••
Hi,

I decided to invest in one of the 4 digit numerical .coms ending in 00. Was able to buy it right. I'll let you know if there is any big interest. I think it woul make a good email address.

Cheers,

showcase :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back