Dynadot

RareGirl.com -- Non-payer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
On January 3, 2016, someone made an offer on RareGirl.com at Go Daddy.

I accepted the offer outright, which means the buyer entered into a contract to buy the name.

No ambiguity here.

Go Daddy has told me that when someone makes an opening offer, he/she is warned several times that he/she is entering into an enforceable contract and the opening bid is binding unless the seller counteroffers, which I did not -- as I said, I accepted the offer outright.

In short, the potential buyer is given opportunities to delete the offer before before committing.

The amount is large enough that I may consider legal action, at least to the extent that I may contact a lawyer to send a letter to Go Daddy to release the person's details.

But I would rather not do that; I'd rather play nice -- that the buyer pay up.

I suspect that the buyer is someone from this forum because the offer came in at the same time that I posted my warning about qotto [dot] com.

I don't believe in coincidences.

The buyer has until February 2, 2016, to pay up. That is when Go Daddy will cancel the sale and fine the buyer.

So I would advise that the buyer pay up ASAP.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That sucks too. Did you get the funds back? Sometimes the names are still listed even after the names are dropped and re-registered, or sold.

money back after several weeks and many calls
still sucks

•••
I think with sedo the buyer just backed out of the deal. I didn't get taken for the domain. Either way it sucks to have it happen and it locks the domain up on there until you figure out the sale won't go thru.

One thing that makes me more upset is when Godaddy sells a domain that can be renewed. I'm sure they have the right, but it's a waste of time.

I win a bid then the person renews it who actually does own the domain(not Godaddy who is selling it as expired). This seems to be shady on GD's part and sometimes the owner.

Tasting sales interest??
NameSilo does that too, but I have got plenty of good names that way. I have however also had names yanked from the auction after I made a bid.

•••
Go daddy is the worst ,I bought a repeating 4 letter example tttw.net ,for 350 after 2 week the seller claimed the domain was sold already,then a week later I see the piece of crap on this site offering it for $600 If your reading this you know who you are lowlife.

•••
Go daddy is the worst ,I bought a repeating 4 letter example tttw.net ,for 350 after 2 week the seller claimed the domain was sold already,then a week later I see the piece of crap on this site offering it for $600 If your reading this you know who you are lowlife.
That stinks.

•••
I'll be watching this thread carefully.

Had the same story on 4.cn lately, may be it's time to take my vendetta to WeChat and QQ, find that non-payer and hang 'em high B-)

•••
With due protocol observed and respect to GoDaddy as one of the biggest registrar in the industry...... I think they too should start taking some responsibility as regarding these incessant breaches of agreement on their auction site.
thank you.

•••
Another advertisement of qotto.com.

Hope you sell it soon for what you wish and everybody here is relaxed.

Actually, YOU'RE the one giving free advertising to my other domain.

You will note that I carefully did not give the actual link to qotto, but YOU did.

:)

So I thank you.

•••
Back