NameSilo

advice Putting the myth to bed.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

namezest

Top Member
Impact
Hello,
Let me give new or curious investors a real life scenario, one that puts to bed the myth this is a get rich quick with little to no effort endeavor.
You may get lucky but this is not the lottery, expect most of your domains to go unsold.
Do not register thousands of bad names, this is very important! Stick to what you know you can afford as renewals can bite you.
Stick to what you know regards subject matter! Everyone has experience in different areas, it is not a good idea to invest in product domains if you have no retail experience.

If you know a lot about a subject, let's say real estate & construction you already have a huge advantage over the average register everything investor. Expect to lose money and quite quickly if you don't pay attention.
I brought up construction and real estate as I have a wealth of information, experience and knowledge of these industries.
You have heard of a business plan, also if you don't make money in 18 months a business normally fails. Well double that time frame with online intangible assets like domain names.

I registered a domain about 5 years ago, I have kept it with whois privacy. I renewed it again recently and removed the privacy. I got a $200 offer on the 11th, today I finalized a sales agreement for the same .com hand registered 5 years ago for $2,700.00.

A deposit has already been made and a contract signed.
Could a domain investor who knew about code or medicine have done that? Maybe but here's the thing, that was the lowest quality realty domain in my portfolio, the others are all under whois privacy. To create the need you just have to wait, be patient, it's like fishing, that was an okay deal for anyone, eventually though you'll hook a big fish. Good Luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back