IT.COM

tips Put some light into my confusing state of mind!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Heisenberg.d

Established Member
Impact
I started participating in domain auction from last year only and soon found that I'm a small fish in a big pond. There are a lot of players continuously bidding on almost all auction platforms, So sneaking a good .COM domain at a low price is almost impossible.

Meanwhile, I shifted my focus into niche domains which usually big fishes don't always eat :xf.laugh:( low estibot domains)

So far I have purchased around 30 domains :

5.ORG domains: some direct lead in health/NGO/Non-Profit Org/ Big Organization with the exact name.
9 .NET domains: Some are good with more than 20 extensions sold
19.COM domains: all purchased at low $$ or even some expired names
3.CO domains: Single Word
1 CC domains: Single world name, IDk why I bought seems useless

(3 Hyphen Domains, 1 alphanumeric 2-word domain)
Sold 3 domains ( All .Com)

I purchased some names from auction because there was interest from one or two-party at that time (threw my outbound) + Some are hand registered

So I'm looking for advice on below points:

1: Some domains have a single lead but interested ( they do not agree with my offer price. but I know they need those domains): What should be my next step? should I lower my value?

2: What to do with my .Net portfolio? (hint; Over the internet, on an avg, more than 30 business are running with same or more complex names, but got no interest for any of them)

3: Some domains had multiple queries and good interest. but IDK, I feel like they are confused about whether to buy or not. How should I pitch them?

4: .Org domains: how to pitch .org domains to a profit-oriented company?

5: Future of .Co and .Cc domains? Should I keep investing in them?

6: Hyphen with a good keyword combination.

Hint: As I might buy new domains in the near time, I can't keep renewing all domains again and again, So, I have to be specific about what to keep and what to leave.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The world of domaining is full of surprises. Wondering how they made the sales, the steps they did and encourage you to follow as well. Buy this extension, to this registrar and send your hand reg name to the auction. Excitedly you wait the auction to end, and not even a single bid place in your names. Then a question of how and what to do next. You research and you read an article on how effectively buy domains and flip it for a profit. Again, you spend and bought the training, well in fact the one's you read can be found here and you will be enlighten by great domainers with a proven sales record for free. In today's time, the safest strategy i can give is to buy a good 4 letter .com, dictionary word .com. Always bear in mind that a good domains are long gone, so the age of registration should be checked. Some can be hand reg, but your lucky enough if the drop catcher's missed that name. 2 domains of 4 letter .com's is much better to sell than 1,000 hand reg domains. This is just my opinion and it doesn't apply to other's who found successful in selling hand reg names.

•••
Let me clear up your confusion .. lol .. simply do not be confused! :)

If this is your first year and you only have 30 domains and have already sold 3 .. then there is nothing wrong at all. In fact I'd say you're doing far better than most! Mind you .. it also very much depends on what multiples you sold those domains at and how much time you invested. If you undersold them, then maybe not doing as well, but still better than at least 95% of people starting who probably don't even make a single serious non-wholesale sale.

While .net and hyphen domains do sell .. they are the exceptions .. I'd avoid them .. but in all honesty, without seeing them I can't say for sure. I just snagged a great .net myself at closeout today.

I just posted today's list super late and now I need to go walk my dog, so I'll let others answer the specific questions .. otherwise I'll try to answer a couple later tonight.

Again though .. good job overall .. the domain industry is not very efficient or rational .. if you're confused, it isn't necessarily a bad thing! lol :)

•••
•••
There are a lot of players continuously bidding on almost all auction platforms, So sneaking a good .COM domain at a low price is almost impossible.

True...lots of big fish out there...Tuna, Shark, etc. but the Piranha does quite well as it is specialized.

My pockets are not deep enough to compete with the big sharks so I use my cunning and take a bite when I can...it takes time and effort, but incredible names are available every day...just pick and choose wisely.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back