IT.COM

Public Corporation Wants My Name - I don't need the money.

Spaceship
Watch

Alpineskier

Impact
Jeebus, it was a real question. Good luck to you all.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I own a xxx.com domain name that I market a product under.

This name was a hand registered domain name that I made up myself and it had not previously existed.

I've owned this name since 2009 and have used it since that time.

Although I am newbie but I am pretty sure there are no LLL.com domains available for hand reg and its been like that for atleast 10 years. First of all how did you manage to hand reg this domain?
Doesn't make sense to me.

•••
You mention you don't need the name, they're offering you xx,xxx, if it were me I'd just sell it. That's 25K more in your pocket for something that you don't need and cost you much less to register. Take that 25K and invest in other domains if you wish, or take it and invest in another industry... or buy a new Porsche, whatever you want to do with it (myself I like to keep money flowing), but seriously if that were me I don't care how much is in my bank account, when someone offers me XX,XXX for something that cost me XX, and to any other person it isn't more valuable than XXX, I'm going to take it. I'd honestly, if you don't hear back from them in 1-2 days, just tell them you'd take 25K and call it a day. If their lawyers are good enough, and the judge isn't the brightest and doesn't follow the applicable laws (well, if that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be any judges anyway), you can wind up in the negatives with legal fees, etc. It ultimately depends on the judge, not the law.

Just my personal take on it.

•••
Nevermind.

Last edited:
•••
You say you don't need the money, then why do you send a counteroffer? You could just say that the domain is used for your own product and not available for sale

Last edited:
•••
My suggestion.... bottom line.... You got a $25,000 offer for a long domain like that and are holding out "playing hardball" for more??? Stop playing around!!! Accept their offer, take their money...and quickly...Be gracious they want to continue to work with you after the "deadline game" fiasco you described.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back