Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I decided to do this as well :xf.smile:

Can confirm, once you do the "exit from V2" the .csv upload works.

However the messages appear to be missing mostly, that's a bit confusing. But the updates are being done.

Edit: Anyone currently using CSV upload at Afternic, make sure you stay in V1 or go back from V2 to V1 if you want your csv uploads to still be working.

Last edited:
•••

However the messages appear to be missing mostly, that's a bit confusing. But the updates are being done.

Oh, thanks for the insight, will check my updates.

These bugs make me (a bit) sad.

•••
Oh, thanks for the insight, will check my updates.

These bugs make me (a bit) sad.

Actually, the messages appear too - just not in the dashboard.

If you click on the envelope icon and go to your messages, the messages are there. It's just the icon number that does not refresh.

•••
OK so I exported my domain list from alter in .csv format.

I uploaded them to Afternic. The upload itself works but the problem is that the price value gets put under ''reserve price'' instead of ''buy now price''. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

I noticed only because I got a price inquiry on Afternic. Seems all my domains are screwed now with reserve prices. I wonder if BIN would have been hit if it was properly listed.

•••
Have a look to the csv format before uploading...

•••
Have a look to the csv format before uploading...

Agree, you have to move the columns a bit because the CSV has a different structure.

Afternic
*Name (Required) *Minimum Offer (Required) Reserve Price Floor Price Buy Now Price Top Category Second-Level Category Leave Blank Leave Blank Leave Blank Listing Status Listing Page GROUPNAME

•••
Thanks. I'll look into it and figure it out.

•••
Why is there a markup.
p on godaddy when I list domains on afternic ?
A 3500usd domain on afternic is listed at 4200usd on godaddy.
That's a 40% commission in total !
The markup is on the landing of godaddy's results but not on the next page (BIN button)

Last edited:
•••
Why is there a markup.
p on godaddy when I list domains on afternic ?
Is there a VAT, sales tax or anything similar GD might want to try to include (correctly or not) based on your IP/location?
I just checked from outside EU (no VAT), the displayed prices are correct.

•••
Is there a VAT, sales tax or anything similar GD might want to try to include (correctly or not) based on your IP/location?
I just checked from outside EU (no VAT), the displayed prices are correct.
The price is correct on the domain's pzge but not on search results.

•••
@Joe Styler I can;t login to my account. When i entered my 2-Step Verification, i get this response: "Sorry we're having trouble signing you in".

It's been over 48 hours. Emailed support but no response.

My username: teejakes. Thanks.

•••
•••

Edit: Anyone currently using CSV upload at Afternic, make sure you stay in V1 or go back from V2 to V1 if you want your csv uploads to still be working.
Not working for me.
Same problem, receive the message in my panel and said that all ok but add ZERO domains to my list.
:xf.frown:

It seems like a big problem to me. And I see that they have not worked properly for a while

•••
@Paul Nicks @Joe Styler I have three sales scheduled to be paid on (Nov 19, Nov 19, Nov 24), and Afternic hasn't sent them out until now.

•••
When there's a price request, why does it always take hours for you to send the notification email?

Requests are visible in the dashboard > 6 hours before the email is sent (between 2 and 4 copies at the same time). It has been like that for years and delays the whole process for everyone.

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion, AN should use a automatic verification system like Dan or GD do. Simply add a txt and done. I realized that i had too many names that they didn't be added there. It takes too much time to send e-mail with screenshot again and again.

•••
In my opinion, AN should use a automatic verification system like Dan or GD do. Simply add a txt and done. I realized that i had too many names that they didn't be added there. It takes too much time to send e-mail with screenshot again and again.
They have been there years before Dan came and don't even have a chat icon, so it's easier to message them to remove the old listings.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Can you send me the domains in a pm?
Another sale from Nov 28. The domain was transferred to the buyer that day, and I still haven't been paid. I'll PM you the domain.

•••
•••
I've seen some posts on Twitter saying that recent Afternic payments are considerably faster than before - from 2 to 5 days. Is this the norm now or were those exceptions?

I have a Fast Transfer sale from a few days ago and it would be great if the payment could be sent sometime next week. Otherwise, with the Holidays and all, I wouldn't be surprised to receive my money in 2022 🙊

•••
I had a small sale on Monday. Not FastTransfer. I sent the AUTH code, name transferred from Hexonet to NameCheap. Yesterday I got an email from Afternic that the transfer is done, and they'll send me the payment in the next 3 days.

Today I see in my Afternic account:

"The sale of "blablabla.com" is pending buyer payment approval. This may take up to 3 business days. We'll email when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer".

Anyone had the same situation before?

•••
I had a small sale on Monday. Not FastTransfer. I sent the AUTH code, name transferred from Hexonet to NameCheap. Yesterday I got an email from Afternic that the transfer is done, and they'll send me the payment in the next 3 days.

Today I see in my Afternic account:

"The sale of "blablabla.com" is pending buyer payment approval. This may take up to 3 business days. We'll email when the sale has been approved and instructions to begin the domain ownership transfer".

Anyone had the same situation before?
Yes, I've had the same experience, and @Joe Styler solved it for me. I'm surprised this problem still persists.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back