Dynadot

advice Pricing Consistency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When business is humming along, I have the tendency to increase my prices because I am more willing to lose a less than ideal deal to secure a great sale. When things haven’t been going as well as I would like, my pricing may be a bit more flexible. This is particularly true on the higher end inventory I don’t price unless asked...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Consistancy isn't a word. When it comes to consistency in spelling we all need to be consistently consistent.

•••
Domains are an asset, like real estate. Imagine if someone contacted you about a home a year ago and you gave them a price and now you feel you must keep the same price.

When you quote prices include an expiration date and say the price might be significantly higher after that date and the domain continues to be for sale. My prices are usually good for 30 days and yes, they rise especially with the inflation going on now.

Obviously if you are desperate for some likes on Twitter by all means post stories about your "goodness". Here is an idea for a multi part tweet "I was contacted by someone about a domain, I quoted them 25000 but they thought it was 2500, when I got the payment I told them about the mistake but seeing it was an honest mistake I gave them the domain for 2500. Turns out the buyer is a Fortune 500 company and they plan on buying more names from me and honoring me for honesty but I rejected the award because I am a very humble person".

Guys, don't let someone's bad advice ruin your business even if it is from someone with a good rep like Nat. This is a business, price things what is fair for both.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back