Domain Empire

question Pricing Strategy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoldenApple

Impact
Hi everyone,

For domains that are under 1k, what is an ideal price point that you notice gets more sales?

I am trying to find the right balance between not pricing too high but at the same time making decent profit.

For example, which is better:

Pricing domains low at $499 in hopes of getting more sales or something like $899 to make more profit.

Do you think there is an ideal price point where users tend to not think too much about the purchase and just buy the domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's registered with Epik, you can get instant transfers and (I believe) more payment options for the buyer. If Epik is holding the domain, they can immediately take it into their escrow-type system, which enables the buyer to instantly buy and take control of the domain on a payment plan.

Following up with a little empirical evidence on pricing with 8. Just sold a domain on Sedo BIN $4888... first time I sold a name with no negotiation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back