Domain Empire

opinion Price-tag on exact match domains with new tlds?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kaffekoppen

Established Member
Impact
I know the opinions differ a lot here on this subject. Some would prefer the shorter version, some would never consider it, and some would maybe reg it in the future (but not today).

That said,
what percentage, in general, would you accept for a name that's an exact match of a high selling .com domain?

Take this name for example, waterside.property. A name i registered yesterday for 2 bucks.

The exact match, watersideproperty.com sold for $2000, 2015. This could ofc include other factors such as website ect. But ignoring that, the name itself seem logical and relevant.

So to get to the point:
1. How would you price this domain?
2. How general would this be in that case? If we exclude really popular/short tlds that would make the value go up.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are too many variables to consider: the extension, the .com domain, the niche, etc.

Considering the example you reported, i'd price it not more than $100 in my mind, and even at this price you require some kind of lucky to find a buyer in that range.

•••
There are too many variables to consider: the extension, the .com domain, the niche, etc.

Considering the example you reported, i'd price it not more than $100 in my mind, and even at this price you require some kind of lucky to find a buyer in that range.

Yep makes sense! I guess this is a too complex question with too many variables, now when i had some time to think about it.

The big question is if its worth holding on to these domains for the future...

•••
You gotta take in other considerations as well..

waterfront.properties

waterside.property

waterfront.land, realestate, etc.

lake.properties, ocean.properties, beach.properties, ontheriver.com, bythebay... list goes on and on

I don't even think you can take the .com "valuation" into consideration at this point.

Unless you are looking to sell it to that same owner.

imo..

•••
Contact the .COM registrant and offer the nTLD for $199. Quick flip for a decent ROI.

If they are uninterested, do not renew the nTLD domain - not worth the renewals given the low likelihood of resale to another party.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back