NameSilo

Premium LLL.eu's - Bidding time!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, I have just seen that pool have aquired 3 of the LLL.eu's I was after, so now I have to bid for them (hate this extortion) but its at least a chance. What I was wondering is- what should I bid? They are premium letter combinations but .eu is so volatile at the moment. I'm looking for well thought out estimates on what I should bid here- not just a tirade over the state of the .eu regs. And I don't want to hear any complaints from people who haven't emailed eurid yet- if you don't like it do something about it!
Anyways- your best guesses please! Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Umm, difficult.

Looking at the status of the other TLDs I think you can safely say they are worth a minimum of your percieved value of the .us.

Personally, I would place my bid somewhere between what I thought the .us and .net was worth.

•••
Bid as much as you can afford. If you do this you probably will not get it because there may be a big cybersquatter also in the auction.

Better to bid high on one name and get it, than bid low on two names and get neither.

•••
i'd quite like to get a LLL.eu but i cant really afford it if it goes to 4 figures. Has anyone had experience of sharing the cost with another person to have a 50% ownership in a name?

•••
Four figures! You think they might fetch that already? Oh dear!! I thought they might go mid $xxx for now, guess only time will tell!

•••
i have got a funny feeling they will unfortunately! If you have a look at some minimum bids on sedo they wont accept anything under 1000 euros which is about $1200 i think.

Any one want to go halfers?

•••
kevmacmeh said:
i have got a funny feeling they will unfortunately! If you have a look at some minimum bids on sedo they wont accept anything under 1000 euros which is about $1200 i think.

Any one want to go halfers?

Probably those people have placed 1K€ minimum price just because they have absolutely no intention to sell.
LLL.eu can't be paid such an high price at the moment.
I would say i wouldn't pay more then 200€ for a good one...
If you find something really good for €200 maybe we can split :)

•••
I reckon the .eu insanity will go to people's heads. Premium letters, they'll go for $500-$750 I reckon. Will be interesting to see.

•••
Cheers guys. I am already bidding over $400 for one of them. Ugh! I'm in a high risk game here aren't I!
Anyone else?

•••
what is the quality of the name you are bidding on

e.g. is it a pronouncable meaningful name like bev.eu
is it a pronouncable name with little meaning pol.eu
random letters spt.eu

It just gives me an idea on what to bid for mine :)

•••
Some one want to tell .eu names under bidding on pool ?
I have 4 LLL.eu 2 are pronounceable 2 end up with tv.

Cry.eu
Dry.eu
Wtv.eu
Jtv.eu

•••
kevmacmeh said:
what is the quality of the name you are bidding on

e.g. is it a pronouncable meaningful name like bev.eu
is it a pronouncable name with little meaning pol.eu
random letters spt.eu

It just gives me an idea on what to bid for mine :)

They are premium pronounceable, meaningful generic words that are 3 letters long, but could also be an acronym. I am getting sweaty palms and there's like 20 days left. One is already over 500 euros. If anyone is serious about going halves on it PM me and I'll tell you the name. :)

•••
there is no point to split a domain between two different people in two different regions it is definately ending up as a fight.You can speak off your names you are bidding for here may be.

•••
i wouldnt do that. anyone can join a pool auction so that means more competition

•••
I thought only people who applied in the pre-reg period could bid. That is soooo unfair. I hate pool. They are just massive cybersquatters themselves. This is depressing me now. All I wanted was a LLL.eu so I applied for over 70 months before the landrush. Haven't got a single one :'(

edit:
Just been on the pool site- how do you join a .eu auction? Doesn't seem possible to me.

Last edited:
•••
gingeman said:
I thought only people who applied in the pre-reg period could bid. That is soooo unfair. I hate pool. They are just massive cybersquatters themselves. This is depressing me now. All I wanted was a LLL.eu so I applied for over 70 months before the landrush. Haven't got a single one :'(

edit:
Just been on the pool site- how do you join a .eu auction? Doesn't seem possible to me.

You must have pre-regged the name in order to join the auction... :|

•••
Ahh- that's not quite so unfair. Still not happy abt it though! This whole .eu madness is definitely a headache.

•••
I have a sneaking suspicion that people may overpay early on to get LLL.eu domains.

•••
i only applied 2 LLL.eu out of the total 7 preregged n of course i dint get both .. hahha
but wish i can own that LLL.eu sigh

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that people may overpay early on to get LLL.eu domains.

Do you maybe think high XXX - low XXXX for them. It certainly looks that way on my auctions anyway with still 20 days to go!!!

•••
Hi,
Placed 2 LLL.EU sedo today and have had bids on both. Both low £££!!!

Seems people are keen to pay for them.

•••
I would only pay for premium letter domains. I would not be paying for domains like QZX.eu. If you can get the premium letters for around 200 Euros, you might want to buy a couple. I'm speculating on the pricing just like everyone else, but I believe the prices will start out high, simmer down a little, then slowly rise over time.

•••
kevmacmeh, could you change your signature? It's bloody annoying ...

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I would only pay for premium letter domains. I would not be paying for domains like QZX.eu. If you can get the premium letters for around 200 Euros, you might want to buy a couple. I'm speculating on the pricing just like everyone else, but I believe the prices will start out high, simmer down a little, then slowly rise over time.

Indeed, also the starting price of LLL's is very highly depenging on the first few lll.eu sales.

•••
kevmacmeh, yes please change your signature its annoying. Sex.eu i guess only e is a premium letter in that but it still worth million.I Guess untill and unless a 3 letter domain is Pronounceable/HaveSomeRealMeaning/VeryNiceAcronym and makes some sense its worth jumping in for.
Peace

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back