Dynadot

Positive Review about Rob Monster's Character

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tia Wood

Web Designer | theWPGirl.comTop Member
Impact
welcome in the Adam Dicker's "lets create webpages and sell them to local business owners
buy them from me for only 1.495 USD" Isclub of scammers.

I saw the quote above in a thread comparing Rob/Epik to Adam Dicker. I thought this was an unfair assessment and was compelled to make this post.

Anyone who has been keeping up knows I've had my fair share of criticism toward Rob/Epik in the past for business decisions and opinions I don't agree with.

For many months we've seen threads get derailed by drama and arguing from both sides of anti-Rob and pro-Rob groups.

What a lot of people don't know is I ended up doing a few temporary projects for Rob/Epik here and there for a few months last year so I can tell you what goes on behind the scenes.

I've never, ever seen Rob take money from anyone and I've never/ever seen Rob go back on his word. Him and his team are professionals and run the business up to industry standards.

You may not like him as a person, you may not like the way he run a business, you may think he project ideas are stupid. But I can tell you from experience that he believes in and does what he says.

Saying that, the most he is guilty of is maybe being all over the place with projects and ideas and perhaps making business decisions that some people don't agree with.....

But he believes in his empowerment projects and the people that participate believe in it, too.

You either like Rob or you don't but at the end of the day, Rob is NOT a scammer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone who has been keeping up knows I've had my fair share of criticism toward Rob/Epik in the past for business decisions and opinions I don't agree with.

For many months we've seen threads get derailed by drama and arguing from both sides of anti-Rob and pro-Rob groups.

What a lot of people don't know is I ended up doing a few temporary projects for Rob/Epik here and there for a few months last year so I can tell you what goes on behind the scenes.

I've never, ever seen Rob take money from anyone and I've never/ever seen Rob go back on his word. Him and his team are professionals and run the business up to industry standards.

You may not like him as a person, you may not like the way he run a business, you may think he project ideas are stupid. But I can tell you from experience that he believes in and does what he says.

Saying that, the most he is guilty of is maybe being all over the place with projects and ideas and perhaps making business decisions that some people don't agree with.....

But he believes in his empowerment projects and the people that participate believe in it, too.

You either like Rob or you don't but at the end of the day, Rob is NOT a scammer.

Completely agree. I call it Rob Derangement Syndrome.

No one has to like anyone else. But to engage in what is not much different than 1st grade behavior and school yard bully behavior is absurd.

Rob has shown massive amounts of patience. We should all learn how to deal with people who do not like us from Rob's examples.

He is the real deal, he works his butt off to give people what he promises them - he is always willing to listen and work hard to correct things. If there are any issues then I would guess its purely miscommunication and he will do his best to rectify it. He has never taken a cent of my money UP FRONT like Adam has, and provided NOTHING in return and LIES from his cohorts like Rick Wedzinga lied to me for Adam for months, stringing me along until it was too late to get a refund from the credit card company. Anyone who tries to compare Rob Monster to the thugs that scammed me and many, many others has got to be deranged. Every penny I have paid Epik has been fruitful to me. The services have worked. They support is phenomenal. The ideas are very compelling and if you're in agreement then you freely move your names over to Epik. No one has a gun to anyone's head.

In the end, we all have the ability to IGNORE those whom we do not wish to see posts from, however, it seems that this derangement syndrome seems to prevent people from employing it. They'd rather sit and wait for his next post and then pounce.

I cant imagine my life if I waited for someone I do not agree with or do not like, for whatever reasons legitamite or not, so I can pounce on the thread and spread my hate. What a waste of my life and the time I have to do good with it. The sad thing is that these folks believe they are doing good but they're not; they're messing up threads that were not started by them where others are actively engaged in fruitful discussions.

Ignore function.... it works.

•••
Yeah .. but whoever accused @Rob Monster of being a scammer?

Lots of people have lots of opinions on Rob on lots of things, but I don't recall scamming being one of them?.

Its there, quoted in the first post. Click the up arrow on the quote.. Its from another thread on here. Completely absurd and undeserved comparison. My point is, we can use the ignore feature - it works well. But some people would rather ruin his threads with their hate. I bit my tongue for many, many months after noticing the patterns. These folks claim that Rob is ruining this forum but its actually they and their hatred that ruins everyone's experience. So.... ignore and that goes away. :)

•••
Poor Rob is probably still sleeping - He's west coast time.

•••
My experience with @Epik.com and @Rob Monster have been very pleasant. Thank you @Tia Wood for your post. Rob has gone out of his way to help me and my business and I am very appreciative. I can spot a scammer immediately and I agree 100% that Rob is NOT a scammer.

•••
Whether Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, or Rob Monster, people always try to take down and discredit the Disruptor. People like the Status Quo and fight ingenuity all the way (because forward thinking requires people to work harder - and most folks are lazy). The Elan Musk shorts had it handed to them for the same reasons. Rob is passionate, intelligent, and always on the job. People can't keep up - so they discredit and try to break his stride.

•••
The thread title is very clickbaity and of course Tia knows it but I do love her anyway. I actually saw this thread around the time it was posted. It was definitely not worth getting up for at 5 am PT though I am not averse to rising early nor do I hesitate to work late.

A few specific reactions:

- I have indeed worked with Tia. When I speak of empowerment, it is not rhetoric. She knows that I am a fan of giving a "hand up", rather than a "hand out".

- My acid test for dealing with others is to apply the "Do unto others" test. You don't have to be a Christian to see that would be a reasonably good idea.

- Tia is quick to vote "this thread is stupid" in my various polls. By no means has she ever given me a free pass. That said, she did do me a big favor by bringing @DanSanchez to me.

- And as thankless as Tia has been at times, I do love her. I have prayed for her many times, and did so this morning before sitting down to comment in this thread before moving on to more pressing matters.

- I also appreciate the kind words from my new dear friend, @AnthonyD. He wrote me a long letter yesterday for which I owe him a reply. He is my ally in promoting authenticity on NamePros.

Funny enough, I had just started reading a book this weekend called "Character Assassins" by Peter Hammond. Within the first few pages, it has some great nuggets like:

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing, There is no defense against reproach except obscurity." - Delighting God, Dr. James Kennedy

Here is another quote from a few pages later:

"Our reputation is what men think we are. Our character is what God knows we are."

If this thread continues, I will make sure to share more from that book so that anyone else who decides to answer their calling, can be equipped for the task.

I leave you with a secular quote from Teddy Roosevelt:

upload_2020-2-25_7-39-32.png

So, in short, my advice to all is simply this:

1. Kick ass
2. Stay humble

•••
I fully agree with the posts suggesting this thread be pulled due to the title and giggle indexing. At least alter it (the title) so that it is neutral sounding (mods will have to do this I think).

I've interacted with Rob a few times and I'm a pretty good judge of character and I sense no deceptive or scam nature whatsoever. He is blessed with an abundance of energy and now that he is surrounding himself with a team of driven and talented individuals things will only get better.

Last edited:
•••
You have been misinformed and i think it’s good trying to get attention, but get the attention in a positive way.

Cheers
Other than not keeping his word and after applying for a job position which he offered on namepros here, he did not provide any updates.
Even if you not get picked, it is nice from an HR perspective to say at least: you suck, you were not selected... Since december no response, I got the hint, but still, not the way of doing things.
Good luck with your team full of indians, cheap labor.

I will never use Epik again.

Thanks,
Cristian

•••
The thread title is very clickbaity and of course Tia knows it but I do love her anyway. I actually saw this thread around the time it was posted. It was definitely not worth getting up for at 5 am PT though I am not averse to rising early nor do I hesitate to work late.

A few specific reactions:

- I have indeed worked with Tia. When I speak of empowerment, it is not rhetoric. She knows that I am a fan of giving a "hand up", rather than a "hand out".

- My acid test for dealing with others is to apply the "Do unto others" test. You don't have to be a Christian to see that would be a reasonably good idea.

- Tia is quick to vote "this thread is stupid" in my various polls. By no means has she ever given me a free pass. That said, she did do me a big favor by bringing @DanSanchez to me.

- And as thankless as Tia has been at times, I do love her. I have prayed for her many times, and did so this morning before sitting down to comment in this thread before moving on to more pressing matters.

- I also appreciate the kind words from my new dear friend, @AnthonyD. He wrote me a long letter yesterday for which I owe him a reply. He is my ally in promoting authenticity on NamePros.

Funny enough, I had just started reading a book this weekend called "Character Assassins" by Peter Hammond. Within the first few pages, it has some great nuggets like:

"To avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing, There is no defense against reproach except obscurity." - Delighting God, Dr. James Kennedy

Here is another quote from a few pages later:

"Our reputation is what men think we are. Our character is what God knows we are."

If this thread continues, I will make sure to share more from that book so that anyone else who decides to answer their calling, can be equipped for the task.

I leave you with a secular quote from Teddy Roosevelt:

Show attachment 145771

So, in short, my advice to all is simply this:

1. Kick ass
2. Stay humble

wonderful quote.
sadly in today's world. its not for everyone to understand it.
and for even fewer to live by it.

but hey.. no one said it'd be easy.. just that it'd be worth it :)

we're all in same boat on this planet... born to sorrow and suffering... some say there are beings around who need us to survive... they feed on our fears and do not allow us to be the fully conscious beings we once were and can be. its not a game to them apparently... unless you call survival a game... but there are ways to escape this... and every now and then a few do... like mr rooselvelt here and others who make history books... while others, merely follow and admire them... or just plain crucify them. :)

its just a story folks.... or is it..... ;)

as einstein once said... "our situaton on this earth seems strange. everyone of us apears here involuntarily and uninvited for a short stay, without knowing why... to me it is enough, to wonder at the secrets...."

Last edited:
•••
Although i have not said anything racist as people all around the world know that labor in India is cheaper than everywhere else, you people just showed me that you are blind and do not see the "cult" that was created around this character. I have never said bad things about anyone in my life.

I have joined this forum 13 years ago almost and never saw such thing before.

I will retire from namepros, i have also asked the mods to terminate my account. I cannot be a part of this forum anymore.

Good bye,
Cristian

•••
Other than not keeping his word and after applying for a job position which he offered on namepros here, he did not provide any updates.
Even if you not get picked, it is nice from an HR perspective to say at least: you suck, you were not selected... Since december no response, I got the hint, but still, not the way of doing things.

I will never use Epik again.

Thanks,
Cristian

Hey @cipcip - First of all, I doubt it was personal. We more than likely did not have a role for you at the time. We are hiring 2-3 people per week, all over the world. It is true though that we have put a great emphasis on emerging markets. For example, last week we hired

@Siful Moni from Bangladesh
@Arpit131 from India
@NicoleLI from China
@list from Sri Lanka

Why did we hire these people?

- They were familiar with Epik and believe in our mission
- They brought some unique competency, proximity or language skill
- The economics of hiring them made for a sustainable win-win

My free advice: don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Ultimately Epik wins by attracting the best people. So, keep working on being the best version of you, regardless of who you choose to work with, and regardless of where you choose to hold your domains.

Also, for folks looking for an instant reply on PM, just be aware that I am not blowing you off, it is just that PMs on NamePros is one area where I struggle to keep up. My contact information is not a secret so if you need to get a hold of me, it is possible to do it, plus we have a lot of other team members now.

•••

Change your title, don’t you build websites, Seo etc and why indexing his name with title like that 🤔

Last edited:
•••
Although i have not said anything racist as people all around the world know that labor in India is cheaper than everywhere else, you people just showed me that you are blind and do not see the "cult" that was created around this character. I have never said bad things about anyone in my life.

I have joined this forum 13 years ago almost and never saw such thing before.

I will retire from namepros, i have also asked the mods to terminate my account. I cannot be a part of this forum anymore.

Good bye,
Cristian

I would carefully consider that decision too. You know that NamePros is a great asset for anyone who intends to make a living buying and selling domains. Besides, we all have occasional "foot in mouth" moments. The Dutch are famously direct so trust me, I am used to it. Blessings to you all the same!

•••
This thread really upsets me.

There is no room for titles like this. A lot of people just read the titles of articles, posts etc. and make conclusions for themselves taking it for face value, without ever reading the content.

So, the thread is damaging, regardless the last line in the OP's post. And I really don't like that NP moderators are really happy to look at where every thread should belong and will move a thread in minutes if they deem it slightly borderline for another slow section, but will never edit a title for such a BS thread, simply because it drives more traffic to the forum.

If this kind of policy doesn't change, I will reconsider my participation here.

•••
This thread really upsets me.

There is no room for titles like this. A lot of people just read the titles of articles, posts etc. and make conclusions for themselves taking it for face value, without ever reading the content.

So, the thread is damaging, regardless the last line in the OP's post. And I really don't like that NP moderators are really happy to look at where every thread should belong and will move a thread in minutes if they deem it slightly borderline for another slow section, but will never edit a title for such a BS thread, simply because it drives more traffic to the forum.

If this kind of policy doesn't change, I will reconsider my participation here.

agreed also OP is at fault for creating titles as such, it’s shame on her. Rob does not deserve this. @Rob Monster

•••
I am a fan of giving a "hand up", rather than a "hand out".

As you know I have great respect and admiration for you as someone who is trying to empower others through domain names and digital presence and I hope that the feeling is mutual as I also consider myself as someone who wants to do some good for the Humanity and the Environment and as such I hope that you won’t hold it against me if I disagree with you on your moto of you only wanting to give a “hand up” and not a “hand out”.

Here is a quote from what I said in another thread that explains where I stand when it comes to helping others:

“I believe that we should encourage and help everyone to improve upon themselves and make it possible for them to be able to ascend to a higher level without leaving anyone behind or putting any limits as to how much attention and assistance they can receive to the extent that our collective abilities as a society allows us to provide equally across the board and for this reason I strongly believe that we should work towards making it possible for everyone to have a minimum standard of living, comfort, and care that is necessary for each person to function as a happy, healthy, and productive member of the society.”

https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-your-true-identity.1178310/#post-7647181

IMO

•••
While I'm fairly new to this forum, I know from life experience that it takes a very special kind of person to evoke such emotionally charged conversations. He must be doing something right.

Edit: I agree with those who think the title is potentially damaging.

Last edited:
•••
So, the thread is damaging,...

it’s all good ... in 10 hours, views 1300, comments 40+ . It helps to clear the air and we already know that sometimes ppl love throwing the kitchen sink and unique dishes at R.M. (This sport may gain IOC recognition and become a competing event at the Olympic Games 2021)

Regards

Last edited:
•••
No worries, with his name its nice to be attracted to an article then read that its uplifting instead of trashing. ty.

•••
Assuming you are a WP girl and SEO oriented, you should know that titles get indexed by Google and for reputation management it's not good to be associate to "scammer" and "Adam Dicker".

You should edit your title and use a positive description like testimonials..

Last edited:
•••
you people just showed me that you are blind and do not see the "cult" that was created around this character.

There is no cult. I believe what you have witnessed is that people really appreciate the open engagement. They like the genuineness, authenticity, transparency and the support.

have joined this forum 13 years ago almost and never saw such thing before.
I will be first to admit I haven't seen it before either, in many industries, but that's not what defines what we are witnessing. Having not seen it before does not make it a bad thing, in fact quite the opposite. Its refreshing.

I will retire from namepros
I hope you reconsider. If you choose to leave, please come back, the doors are open.

•••
I hope the mods change the title soon...

At any rate, Rob has been nothing but helpful to me. I can't send a direct message or email to the CEO of GoDaddy or IONOS for help and get a swift response. Not to mention, his registry kicks ass and it's getting better everyday. Good business all-around.

•••
I tried to edit the title but the option is no longer available for me.
The title of this thread (and posts within it) can be edited for up to 7 days after content is created because it is in Reviews:
The option is available under Tools, then Edit Title or Edit Thread.

•••
I don't think anyone would deny that labour is indeed cheaper in India than it is in some other parts of the world. I don't even have anything against you posting your perception and personal opinion that Rob is trying to grow his own personal cult (I think it's a silly opinion .. but you're entitled to it). If your frustration is that there are too many people who blindly follow him, again that would be a personal opinion I could understand.

But .. you are conveniently trying to twist things .. I VERY specifically said that was not my issue with what you wrote:
@cipcip .. that comment was very inappropriate. Not so much in the obvious that labour in in India might be cheaper .. but to sarcastically insinuate that the quality of work of Indians is below yours or any other country's is discriminatory and racist.
The issue most of us have with your post is this specific part of it which I originally quoted:
As based on your tone of the rest of your post, you are obviously implying that he will get an inferior quality of work because they are "Indians" as opposed to having hired you. While it might not have been your intent and it came out that way because you were frustrated, it doesn't change the fact it is both a racist and discriminatory comment.

More importantly .. after pointing it out, instead of you apologising for that specific part of the comment, you doubled down and tried to place focus on a very different thing (as I explained above). You can say what you want about Rob .. you can even say what you want about your opinion of him hiring people to blindly follow him .. but DO NOT imply that you are better than other people because of their race or country .. that is the definition of racism and discrimination.

If that was not the intent of what you "intended" to write, then you need to clarify and apologise for the words you actually wrote. Beyond that you can say whatever you'd like about Rob and Epik.

as einstein once said... "our situaton on this earth seems strange. everyone of us apears here involuntarily and uninvited for a short stay, without knowing why... to me it is enough, to wonder at the secrets...."

I Love Einstein quotes .. one of my all time favourite quotes is:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

Its there, quoted in the first post. Click the up arrow on the quote.. Its from another thread on here.
Based on the title I was really expecting for this thread to have been started because of far more than a single post by the usual Anti-Rob antagonist from whom the quote isn't even in proper English with correct grammar.

it’s all good ... in 10 hours, views 1300, comments 40+ . It helps to clear the air and we already know that sometimes ppl love throwing the kitchen sink and unique dishes at R.M. (This sport may gain IOC recognition and become a competing event at the Olympic Games 2021)
lol! So the real takeaway from this thread is that I'm assuming because of the Covig-19 virus, the 2020 Olympics are going to be postponed a year?

The title of this thread (and posts within it) can be edited for up to 7 days after content is created because it is in Reviews:
Originally this discussion was in the General Discussions area. So you might want to inform the original poster (@Tia Wood) and/or change the title yourself to something more appropriate.

In the end I don't think her intentions were bad in any way. Sometimes good writers simply want to come up with the most catchy title in order to grab the most eyeballs. But in the end .. yes .. the topic should be renamed to something more appropriate like "My opinion is that Rob Monster is not a scammer" or even "Rob Monster is not a scammer" or "Why Rob Monster is not a scammer" .. etc

Last edited:
•••
This is an interesting thread, let me give you an alternate take.

At first I was confused, why this thread? I know she was having some financial struggles and he threw some business her way. She says that in the very first post.

People complaining about the thread title, saying she claims to know about SEO, why would you do this.

To me it seemed she did this as a favor for him, because I do think she knows her SEO/some marketing.

The thread title isn't Epik/Rob Monster is a scammer. It's Is Epik/Rob Monster a scammer? The Truth....

See that ? and "The Truth" that's an invitation to read more.

The reality is you have companies/products out there that have had bad press in the past, literally want to rank for stuff like that. I've known companies that pay to rank for stuff like that. I could light up this thread showing you examples of this. Why in the world would you to rank for stuff like that? It's very simple.............Control the Message. People would read the thread and read nothing but positive stuff.

Now, we also have people in this thread misrepresenting some stuff. I don't recall the issues that people have with Rob being scamming. I've never seen that. For me, it's very simple. The over-promotion. Now I could care less if it's the promotional sections but it's been crossing over to areas where it shouldn't be, where I normally read. Even the biggest Rob fans have pointed this out. Is it really something you can debate? He was restricted for a month because of that. Want another even recent example? The prayer thread, of all places. Dropped promotion in a prayer thread to Toki. Side note Rob. If you want a decent preacher to talk to, let me know. I know somebody who is into tech and religion, great recall as well. We used to get into some spirited marketing debates back in the day. But he doesn't follow or get inspired by hate preachers, would you posted yesterday. This is crazy. I wouldn't be posting up hateful anti-gay preachers who think gays are the spawn of demons or should be imprisoned, especially when you talk of bringing people together and all that other stuff. Not 1 but 2 of the examples you used yesterday are those types:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back