Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Porkbun Official Thread

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
:heavy_check_mark: Porkbun.com
Impact
536
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.
 
16
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
@Porkbun

When will you implement a lower commision fee for "Import Leads"?

It only makes sense.

Once you involve Porkbun’s Marketplace or auction services to complete the sale, our standard Marketplace commission applies to the final sale price, regardless of how the buyer first found the domain. In other words, if the closing of the deal runs through Porkbun’s Marketplace system, the commission is the same as for any other Marketplace sale.
 
3
•••
@Porkbun

When will you implement a lower commision fee for "Import Leads"?

It only makes sense.

We already have one of the lowest commission rates in the industry, plus 0% margin on most TLDs including .com. An additional 1-2% discount on a feature we'd have to build out, and that you'd have to manually generate a link for, doesn't feel like a meaningful differentiation.
 
3
•••
We already have one of the lowest commission rates in the industry... An additional 1-2% discount on a feature we'd have to build out, and that you'd have to manually generate a link for, doesn't feel like a meaningful differentiation.
Thanks for the response.

I hear your position.

While I'm not privy to the actual data, I presume Afternic makes a pretty penny from its 'Import Lead' feature.

Many private sellers handling high-value transactions are always looking for optimized, secure transfer solutions.

Even capturing a small share of that market could prove quite profitable.

Related thread by @NameGroove:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/me...your-own-lead-providers.1353825/#post-9396317

Good luck!
 
Last edited:
1
•••
What additional 2026 innovations should we be preparing for from @Porkbun?
 
4
•••
@Porkbun .now domains priced via Afternic are not reflecting in the search results.
 
2
•••
3
•••
0
•••
0
•••
@Porkbun

Your generosity is noted.

Is this one‑cent "ON SALE" adjustment the result of an exchange‑rate fluctuation?

Porkbun NL Deal.png
 
6
•••
2
•••
2
•••
Can anybody explain AT COST?

(I am not talking about domains that are first year sale, on sale, on discount.)
(I am not talking about a Porkbun coupon discount.)

(I am specifically talking about registrations labeled AT COST)

The SLD of a domain I'm looking at registering has one price and the renewal is higher.

If a domain is AT COST why would the renewal be higher?

(The renewal is NOT labeled Premium)
 
0
•••
Can anybody explain AT COST?

At cost means they're charging you whatever the registry are charging Porkbun. Some registries charge different amounts for first year vs. renewals. What extension are you looking at? I guess it is also possible that Porkbun is mistakenly listing a discounted first year as not discounted which could lead to a discrepancy. Keep in mind that registries can do pretty much whatever they like, and ccTLD registries are even more free to do ridiculous confusing abnormal things. I'd first assume it's a registry issue (check with other registrars to confirm) and if not then it's probably a Porkbun display issue.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Can anybody explain AT COST?

(I am not talking about domains that are first year sale, on sale, on discount.)
(I am not talking about a Porkbun coupon discount.)

(I am specifically talking about registrations labeled AT COST)

The SLD of a domain I'm looking at registering has one price and the renewal is higher.

If a domain is AT COST why would the renewal be higher?

(The renewal is NOT labeled Premium)
It means cheaper for the 1st year registration, like some kind of discount. I already bought such domains.
edit: based on my exp it simply means 1st year is cheaper than on Spaceship or other registrars, that is why I used Porkbun to economy and not Spaceship.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
AtCost.club is registered at Porkbun
 
0
•••
At cost means they're charging you whatever the registry are charging Porkbun. Some registries charge different amounts for first year vs. renewals. What extension are you looking at? I guess it is also possible that Porkbun is mistakenly listing a discounted first year as not discounted which could lead to a discrepancy. Keep in mind that registries can do pretty much whatever they like, and ccTLD registries are even more free to do ridiculous confusing abnormal things. I'd first assume it's a registry issue (check with other registrars to confirm) and if not then it's probably a Porkbun display issue.


I don't know if they read this post, but now the (AT COST) extensions that had a price discrepancy say 1st Year Sale.

ok Porkbun
 
1
•••
Can anybody explain AT COST?

(I am not talking about domains that are first year sale, on sale, on discount.)
(I am not talking about a Porkbun coupon discount.)

(I am specifically talking about registrations labeled AT COST)

The SLD of a domain I'm looking at registering has one price and the renewal is higher.

If a domain is AT COST why would the renewal be higher?

(The renewal is NOT labeled Premium)

At cost means we are only applying ICANN and/or payment processing fees on top of what the registry is providing as the wholesale, discounts included. At the programmatic level, registrations, renewals, and transfers are three distinct things, and each have distinct wholesales as well that can vary. For example, .ai historically had an additional fee for transfers, .co has a different wholesale for year 1 than other years, .mx has a lower cost for registration than renewals (a 10 year reg is cheaper than 1 reg + 9 renewals), etc.

On top of that, many registries run first-year promotional pricing, and we pass those discounts through in full. So you can have a domain that's "at cost" for both registration and renewal, but with two different numbers, because the registry itself charges Porkbun differently for each.

Regarding premium, domains/SLDs are set as premium. Typically premiums either follow as model of hi/hi or hi/lo e.g. register high, renewal high or register high, renewal closer to regular GA wholesale. A lo/hi is really just a hi/hi that the registry has added a first year sale to. The domain would still be premium based on the registry designation of it as premium.

I don't know if they read this post, but now the (AT COST) extensions that had a price discrepancy say 1st Year Sale.

ok Porkbun

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? A TLD can have a first year sale and still be at cost as noted above.
 
7
•••
At cost means we are only applying ICANN and/or payment processing fees on top of what the registry is providing as the wholesale, discounts included.

Side note, I spend 10s of thousands of dollars per year with Porkbun and until the comment asking about At Cost, which prompted me to go to Why Choose Porkbun? to verify my understanding, I had no idea about this:

Credit Card fees include both fixed and variable charges. Skip them by using a prefunded ACH account and save! Click to learn more.

I might be completely blind but as far as I know I don't think I have ever seen this option promoted / encouraged anywhere as a way to cut fees. I'd considered in the past pre-funding my account just to make things a little easier but figured, eh, whatever, better to keep the money in my bank account, but now reading this I'm realising I've been missing out on spending less.

I just went through the checkout flow again to check I'm not just oblivious and even when looking for it, I can't find any information about this option. I could be alone in this, but my suspicion is that a lot of other customers have no idea about this and would greatly benefit from the option being promoted at checkout.

Anyway, I'm off to prefund my account, and resist the temptation to work out how much money I have wasted by paying via card all these years :laugh:
 
Last edited:
3
•••
Side note, I spend 10s of thousands of dollars per year with Porkbun and until the comment asking about At Cost, which prompted me to go to Why Choose Porkbun? to verify my understanding, I had no idea about this:



I might be completely blind but as far as I know I don't think I have ever seen this option promoted / encouraged anywhere as a way to cut fees. I'd considered in the past pre-funding my account just to make things a little easier but figured, eh, whatever, better to keep the money in my bank account, but now reading this I'm realising I've been missing out on spending less.

I just went through the checkout flow again to check I'm not just oblivious and even when looking for it, I can't find any information about this option. I could be alone in this, but my suspicion is that a lot of other customers have no idea about this and would greatly benefit from the option being promoted at checkout.

Anyway, I'm off to prefund my account, and resist the temptation to work out how much money I have wasted by paying via card all these years :laugh:
Just to clarify how it works: you'd need to contact support and have your account flagged for ACH-only billing to get the at-cost pricing. It's not automated at checkout.

This comes up regularly in support conversations when customers ask about bulk discounts, and it's something we mention often here on NamePros and on domainer-focused pages like our marketplace about page. We don't put it on the standard checkout flow because there are multiple hoops to jump through (must be US based bank, must manually request ACH pricing, ACH on new accounts requires additional verification, etc), and for the average user buying one or two .com registrations a year, the savings (roughly $0.54 per domain) aren't meaningful enough to justify surfacing it there.

For higher-volume registrants, though, it's worth reaching out to support directly.
 
5
•••
Side note, I spend 10s of thousands of dollars per year with Porkbun and until the comment asking about At Cost, which prompted me to go to Why Choose Porkbun? to verify my understanding, I had no idea about this:



I might be completely blind but as far as I know I don't think I have ever seen this option promoted / encouraged anywhere as a way to cut fees. I'd considered in the past pre-funding my account just to make things a little easier but figured, eh, whatever, better to keep the money in my bank account, but now reading this I'm realising I've been missing out on spending less.

I just went through the checkout flow again to check I'm not just oblivious and even when looking for it, I can't find any information about this option. I could be alone in this, but my suspicion is that a lot of other customers have no idea about this and would greatly benefit from the option being promoted at checkout.

Anyway, I'm off to prefund my account, and resist the temptation to work out how much money I have wasted by paying via card all these years :laugh:
I know what you mean - it's annoying to discover this after spending $$$. I got caught out (missing discounts a few times some years ago), so now I always take a while to read registrar websites to see if they offer anything like this, as there are several that do. Porkbun has it there, but you probably have to go looking a bit:

1784601762579.png

https://porkbun.com/support/payment_options

https://kb.porkbun.com/article/181-how-save-even-more-by-paying-with-ach-bank-transfers
 
2
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back