Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

pool.com grabbed me another name

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

365

Established Member
Impact
0
But others are in for it, the last time they got a domain it was photobank.com, it eventually went for $2400 or similar now they have another one for me which is a decent .net ( is it wise to publicise the name here? ) and I'm getting deja vu.

Is Pool frowned upon by DN experts? When they win a name it's actually worse than missing a name, it's like three extra days of torture :(

Any thoughts?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Thank's for the stats DrWho, I'm buying for a project not to speculate so it's interesting to see those. Like I say the ,net takes a gloss off the name
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
Thank's for the stats DrWho, I'm buying for a project not to speculate so it's interesting to see those. Like I say the ,net takes a gloss off the name


You're welcome and Good Luck with the auction. :)

btw: I no longer use SnapCRAP. To date, POOL has won 27 out of 30 Snapped domains. The auction sux but sometimes you'll get lucky and win the name outright. :)

DrWho
 
0
•••
I agree with you totally but it's almost masochistic to get a chance to own some great names only to watch them soar. It's like Chinese water torture.
 
0
•••
I hate this bidding dropcatchers (nw, pool, now enom, dropwiz ...) . They became so greedy .

Snapnames was the fairest system, although lately not so succesful. :(

But lucky for all, WLS is coming soon, and then solong pool and other drop-services-for-deep-pockets.

Pay 39$ - get for 39$.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by dax

But lucky for all, WLS is coming soon, and then solong pool and other drop-services-for-deep-pockets.

Pay 39$ - get for 39$.

I agree 100%, the only thing then is you will have to watch domains before they drop and take a gamble on if the current owner lets the name drop.

Will they refund your money if a name doesn't drop?
 
0
•••
Uh..., I have also bid on photoalbums.net. Popular name. I don't like the auction either. I put a couple bids on Pool and Namewinner, and Pool seems to be winning lately.

The up side is you have several days bo bid if you REALLY want it. with Namewinner, you only have a 10 minute window now, at a time when I often cannot stick around the computer to bid because of my real work.

By the way, I don't think it's pool as in water or pool as in billiards. I believe it's pool as in pooling resources of several registrars for a better chance at a grab. At least that's the way I interpreted it.
 
0
•••
I like regging drops from my brain (never a bidding war!)

ST
 
0
•••
Originally posted by AdoptableDomains
Uh..., I have also bid on photoalbums.net. Popular name. I don't like the auction either. I put a couple bids on Pool and Namewinner, and Pool seems to be winning lately.

The up side is you have several days bo bid if you REALLY want it. with Namewinner, you only have a 10 minute window now, at a time when I often cannot stick around the computer to bid because of my real work.

By the way, I don't think it's pool as in water or pool as in billiards. I believe it's pool as in pooling resources of several registrars for a better chance at a grab. At least that's the way I interpreted it.


Mark,

We'd probably be gobsmacked if we knew just how many people were "in it to win it" the man with the deepest pockets will of course win it. Like I say, I tried to get photobank.com and that went for $2400!!!
 
0
•••
Yea, photoalbums.net is a great name, but I don't know if I want to invest what it'll probably go for.

Sure will make the idiot who dropped it feel bad though.
 
0
•••
It's about this time that I start to tell myself that it isn't that great a name, I have to reconcile my loss before the inevitable happens :D
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
Will they refund your money if a name doesn't drop?

The way I understood it, you pay the fee whether the name actually is dropped or not. It's NOT transferrable to another name like snapname is either. This is my big problem with supporting a WLS.
 
0
•••
You may as well approach the owner really. It's not worth the gamble really, you would have to really analyse the domains use and previous registration fee patterns etc..
 
0
•••
if its not transferrable thats a real pain....


as for pool, i heard it was 17 registrars or so. Then you need to consider they are only going for the creme of the crop each day. So lets say 50-100 domains worth 60$ bids on.
Compared to 400-600 snapnames is after. So the really good names are getting many more registrars after them, makes sense that they beat snapnames, as they have their resources more focused (any maybe better scripts?).
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back