pool.com grabbed me another name

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

365

Established Member
Impact
0
But others are in for it, the last time they got a domain it was photobank.com, it eventually went for $2400 or similar now they have another one for me which is a decent .net ( is it wise to publicise the name here? ) and I'm getting deja vu.

Is Pool frowned upon by DN experts? When they win a name it's actually worse than missing a name, it's like three extra days of torture :(

Any thoughts?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
When pool get's a name, and the name goes to auction, the ending price is almost retail, IMHO
 
0
•••
not sure what you mean sorry :(
 
0
•••
I suppose I mean, do people think Pool is a good service or are they bleeding the market.
 
0
•••
Pool? Game pool. Or like swimming pool?

Sorry. Completely lost
 
0
•••
Pool.com
 
0
•••
Well. I would devlop the domain. And advertise it here (if allowed) and then sell it. See what you get.

But pool.com is a bit pricy. Sorry for my slow response.
<<-- From UK ;)
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
Is Pool frowned upon by DN experts? When they win a name it's actually worse than missing a name, it's like three extra days of torture :(

Any thoughts?

Pool is definately the strongest force in catching expiring names at this time. They have 15+ registrars hunting names for them when they drop.

So really they give you the best chance at getting a name. I've gotten plenty of names at $60 when no one has bid against me, on names that I'm glad to have at that price.

It's true, the top domain drops always end up at very high prices. You need a big checkbook to compete on those.
 
0
•••
Yeah, I just got photoevents.net (currently being slated in the appraisals section) and I'm in the auction for photoalbums.net
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
Yeah, I just got photoevents.net (currently being slated in the appraisals section) and I'm in the auction for photoalbums.net

D-:
 
0
•••
soz. Newb!

Whats so good about them?
 
0
•••
It's a service that grabs domain names after they drop and then people bid on them. At least that's my understanding, I've never used that service.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by DrWho
D-:


LOL.. What do you think that's worth Dr Who :)

Pool.com is a service that claims to be fair but my experience is that it favors the man with the deepest pockets. IMHO, Snapnames etc.. are the fairest system, first past the post so to speak.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I'm in the auction for PhotoAlbums too I actually bid against you on it already. :) Muhahahaha! It's a small world.
 
0
•••
yeah, you, me and probably half the World.
 
0
•••
No no. I meant whats so good about the domains your bidding for. the 2 u said.
 
0
•••
photoevents.net is a specialist domain aimed at event photographers (weddings etc..)

BUT

photoalbums.net is a pretty decent generic name, admitedly it's not a dot com but it's still a pretty decent snag.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
photoevents.net is a specialist domain aimed at event photographers (weddings etc..)

BUT

photoalbums.net is a pretty decent generic name, admitedly it's not a dot com but it's still a pretty decent snag.

Not bad names, best of luck! :)
 
0
•••
Thank's Alexandra, I fear I'll need more than luck, photoalbums.net is upto $110 from four different bidders and there's still nearly three days to go.

We've just been discussing .net at home and people don't really go for them do they. If I'm looking for domains I do but I rarely use them when I'm surfing. Photoalbums.com would have been a sweet name :)
 
0
•••
Originally posted by 365
LOL.. What do you think that's worth Dr Who :)

Pool.com is a service that claims to be fair but my experience is that it favors the man with the deepest pockets. IMHO, Snapnames etc.. are the fairest system, first past the post so to speak.

$500 +/- ;)

Overture (US) result for photoalbums
328 photoalbums


Overture (UK) result for photoalbums
128 photoalbums
68 leather photoalbums
35 hand made photoalbums


Overture (DE) result for photoalbums
2850 foto album
242 online foto album
161 privat foto album
111 digital foto album
95 foto album privat
74 album de foto
71 familie foto album
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back