IT.COM

Poll for Name Protection Product Concept

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which brands do you prefer for protecting your domain from loss or impairment?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
I previously invited input for a new brand name for a product/service that protects domain owners from unforeseen risks and provides optional insurance against economic loss. The concept was introduced here.

After a few days of reviewing domain submissions, we now have a screened list of prospects for this project and are looking for some input on name selection before making a final decision.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Why are some people showing as voting for 2 names? See DNprotect and NameSeal.

Or am I missing something?

•••
VettedName is not good enough. Something dodgy going on here.

As others have said, if you can get DomainShield.com, do it.

•••

I have suggested DomShield.com to Rob earlier but seems it was ignored

Thanks,
Sumeeth

•••

High proportion of new members voting for that name....very suspect

•••
Why are some people showing as voting for 2 names? See DNprotect and NameSeal.

Or am I missing something?
Multiple voting is allowed, that is why you see same member voting twice for example.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Click on the votes column - see when they joined or how many previous posts they have had.......
The competition started Wednesday 25th how many people voted for that name that joined between Wednesday to now?

•••
Why would they allow multiple votes for a poll, that is absurd. Obviously the person who posted vettedname.com is looking for a big payday from Epik thinking if they stuff the ballot box, little do they know this is not the end all when it comes to choosing a name.

•••
Why would they allow multiple votes for a poll, that is absurd. Obviously the person who posted vettedname.com is looking for a big payday from Epik thinking if they stuff the ballot box, little do they know this is not the end all when it comes to choosing a name.
Multpile voting is for choosing different names, for example you can vote for the 5 names you think would be best for this service.

•••
High proportion of new members voting for that name

I think Rob addressed that earlier (in this or another thread) that some friends (in the geo area) are voting.

No problem with that really as Rob and his team will make the final decision (and I would be willing to give 10 to 1 odds that they have already narrowed it down to two or three or the currently offered names regardless of votes).

Yes, this feature has been there for years

Wow...been lurking and posting here for more than a decade and I never knew that feature was possible...thanks for bringing it to my/our attention!

Last edited:
•••
Okay, after going over this concept once again, I've come up with a few more to be considered.

GuardedNames.com
GuardDomains.com

FullyShielded.com - Your Domain Name is Fully Shielded From All Potential Threats.

And finally my new favorite...

NamesSafe.com - Your Names Safe With Us

And just to be sure, I also got

NameIsSafe.com - Your Name Is Safe With Us

Last edited:
•••
Okay, after going over this concept once again, I've come up with a few more to be considered.

GuardedNames.com
GuardDomains.com

FullyShielded.com - Your Domain Name is Fully Shielded From All Potential Threats.

And finally my new favorite...

NamesSafe.com - Your Names Safe With Us

And just to be sure, I also got

NameIsSafe.com - Your Name Is Safe With Us
Not bad, plural and with the way the names structured being not so nice. However, if you had SafeName, then that would have been a game changer here :)

•••
Not bad, plural and with the way the names structured being not so nice. However, if you had SafeName, then that would have been a game changer here :)
I rather like it myself but yes, NameSafe.com would be the best but it's taken and of course it would cost more.

NameSafe.com registered 23 years ago and expires in 2024.

SafeName.com is for sale with a minimum offer price of $3,000 with 2 bids already.

SafeNames.com also has been registered for over 20 years and is a developed site to protect domains.

Last edited:
•••
DomainVetted.com can be a good choice.

I think these two words are very popular in this niche (domain vetted certificates, SSL, ...).

•••
DNGuard .com and DomainGuard .com

Not my domains. Both in same league as DnShield and DomainShield.

•••
My name SafelySecured (com) is a universal descriptive term that perfectly describes the safe acquisition and protection of virtually anything, so it can be used without limitation for any services you may want to expand into later.

•••
DomainVetted.com can be a good choice.

I think these two words are very popular in this niche (domain vetted certificates, SSL, ...).
I think this is a pretty good domain because I also submitted a domain very similar to this VettedDomains.com

Unfortunately, it appears based on what experienced domainers think, that the term Vetted isn't the best one to use. And after careful consideration I now have to agree.

•••
I think this is a pretty good domain because I also submitted a domain very similar to this VettedDomains.com

Some of the domains that you and others have suggested are not necessarily bad choices if someone (a domainer) wants to use them for their website, but to have a domain that is going to represent a Company (in this case Epik) it requires a name that is a few notches above most of the names that are suggested here. Perhaps one way that people can help is to not necessarily focus so much on the names that they own themselves, but rather suggest the most suitable names that are available in the market that are within the price range that Rob is willing to spend. IMO

•••
Perhaps one way that people can help is to not necessarily focus so much on the names that they own themselves, but rather suggest the most suitable names that are available in the market that are within the price range that Rob is willing to spend. IMO
I agree, that's why I listed the other 3 domains that aren't mine and their current status.

At the end of all this I'd like to think we all want Rob to select the very best name possible no matter what.

•••
Still thinking who to cast my vote for.
Perhaps it will be DNprotect.com

Probably because it's close to my submissions, which also contain DN:
DNaudit [.com]
DNcover [.com]
I also submitted a couple names:
ProofName [.com] Little Easter Egg. Add 2 spaces = Pro Of Name:xf.smile:
NameProve [.com]

Unfortunately, none of them were shortlisted.
What do you guys think about my submissions?

•••
I agree, that's why I listed the other 3 domains that aren't mine and their current status.

At the end of all this I'd like to think we all want Rob to select the very best name possible no matter what.
Related to this, I just sent Rob a DM about a great domain I found that's not mine which may be available for fairly cheap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back