IT.COM

Poll for Name Protection Product Concept

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which brands do you prefer for protecting your domain from loss or impairment?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
I previously invited input for a new brand name for a product/service that protects domain owners from unforeseen risks and provides optional insurance against economic loss. The concept was introduced here.

After a few days of reviewing domain submissions, we now have a screened list of prospects for this project and are looking for some input on name selection before making a final decision.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros is a good name for it lol

All domain name registrars should offer domain name insurance as standard

•••
Namepros is a good name for it lol

All domain name registrars should offer domain name insurance as standard

Doesn't renewing a domain for multiple years act just like insurance? I can pay £100 and have 10 years of 'insurance'.

I don't really understand the point. Maybe I misunderstand the concept altogether.

Edit: So it's actually insurance for your domain? If you lose your domain somehow you get your money back?

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't renewing a domain for multiple years act just like insurance? I can pay £100 and have 10 years of 'insurance'.

I don't really understand the point. Maybe I misunderstand the concept altogether.
The concept is protecting end users from : buying damaged domains. Some of the risk factors that can be mitigated include:

Prior Fraudulent Conveyance
Domain Theft post purchase
Negative SEO
UDRP Complaint
Civil Trademark Claims
DDoS attack
Copyright / DMCA complaint
RBL/Spamhaus whitelisting
DNS Hijack protection

Read this thread
https://www.namepros.com/threads/name-validation-and-name-protection-product-concept.1155026/

•••
Verify => Protect Domain name Buyer? Protect from what exactly.

Basically, you’re printing out a report - collect and compile data. Suggestions. Either, verified (by 3rd party?) or unverified (maybe yes/no).

•••
safeguard
noun
a measure taken to protect someone or something or to prevent something undesirable: the charity called for tougher safeguards to protect Britain's remaining natural forests.

verb
protect from harm or damage with an appropriate measure: a framework which safeguards employees from exploitation.

•••
From a branding perspective, I think the aforementioned Domainshield.com is a slam dunk if you can grab it up within your budget. Of the listed names, I vote NameSeal and NameProtector in that order... (BTW, I'm not sure what's going on with the "vetted" submission getting so many votes, but I wouldn't touch that name with a 10 foot pole for a whole variety of reasons, commencing with difficult spelling/tense/uncommon usage - unfamiliarity to non-english speakers, etc. JMHO...)

•••
Other names, i recommended along with DomainShield .com was DomainGuard .com, DNGuard .com
They work well clearly in the scope of the project and further services

Not my domains.

•••
Hey Rob, I purchased these two on Epik, what do you think?

CyberSafePC.com

DigiTechPC.com
What’s a PC? Personal Computer, a bit of a dated term.

•••
I actually do like domainshield and nameseal - not sure why vettedname is there, as well.

Last edited:
•••
In Branding when using two keyword as a name. The two words must complement each other and portray a meaning and that is where vettedname stand out

Vetted means

make a careful and critical examination of (something)."

Or

vetting - Formal and thorough examination (usually by an expert) prior to grant of approval or clearance

Why this name is most suitable for this project is that it tells the end user that the name listed on the platform has already be vetted against the following:

Prior Fraudulent Conveyance
Domain Theft post purchase
Negative SEO
UDRP Complaint
Civil Trademark Claims
DDoS attack
Copyright / DMCA complaint
RBL/Spamhaus whitelisting
DNS Hijack protection.

Last edited:
•••
FFF1D9DA-FE85-4234-B8EA-716F4A0C77DD.png

•••
•••
PC used to be relevant but now Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone have overtaken it. You are just limiting the likelyhood of a sale, by playing in a more cornered type niche.
Neither “PC”, nor any of those you listed are the key word for my domain names. This project is to create a name for a CYBER related insurance product, not to sell laptops.

I like my domain names, you’re entitled to your opinion my friend.

I’m an insurance broker of 16+ yrs, I sell cyber liability insurance products and am quite familiar with all the catchy names insurance companies use for anything cyber related.
CyberSafePC & DigiTechPC are the types of names used for cyber insurance enhancements, endorsements and programs.

•••
27B440AC-42F4-4335-94E1-4D58D940DEF8.png
27B440AC-42F4-4335-94E1-4D58D940DEF8.png
PC used to be relevant but now Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone have overtaken it. You are just limiting the likelyhood of a sale, by playing in a more cornered type niche.
Neither “PC”, nor any of those you listed are the key word for my domain names. This project is to create a name for a CYBER related insurance product, not to sell laptops.

I like my domain names, you’re entitled to your opinion my friend.

I’m an insurance broker of 16+ yrs, I sell cyber liability insurance products and am quite familiar with all the catchy names insurance companies use for anything cyber related.
CyberSafePC & DigiTechPC are the types of names used for cyber insurance enhancements, endorsements and programs.

Perfect example.

•••
My vote goes to NameSeal.com from that list, but several other great options not in the poll have already been mentioned.

Realizing my submission for NameBlitz.com didn't attract any attention, I have already sold that one, as it's more suitable for a domain portfolio.

•••
NameSeal- so easy to spell even in your sleep
DNprotect- very perfect for the subject

Why is VettedName been voted for?
Can’t even spell the name under duress

Last edited:
•••
For these types of polls, the names should be public. Namepros name next to the name they voted for. I imagine it would be pretty eye opening. For something that could go for $25k, who knows what kind of shenanigans could be going on.

Or they should have a minimum requirement. Join date, post count, something.

You should just pick whatever name you like best, ultimately it's your product.

•••
NameSeal- so easy to spell even in your sleep
DNprotect- very perfect for the subject

Why is VettedName been voted for?
Can’t even spell the name under duress
You opened your account today and the first post you are making is on this trend, that sounds fishy.

•••
For these types of polls, the names should be public. Namepros name next to the name they voted for. I imagine it would be pretty eye opening. For something that could go for $25k, who knows what kind of shenanigans could be going on.

I second your motion. There should be minimum join date before one can vote,

•••
NameLegit.com +1
Short and brandable

•••
From a branding perspective, I think the aforementioned Domainshield.com is a slam dunk if you can grab it up within your budget. Of the listed names, I vote NameSeal and NameProtector in that order... (BTW, I'm not sure what's going on with the "vetted" submission getting so many votes, but I wouldn't touch that name with a 10 foot pole for a whole variety of reasons, commencing with difficult spelling/tense/uncommon usage - unfamiliarity to non-english speakers, etc. JMHO...)
Reason it is a voting process..vote your choice..

•••

I believe you can see who voted for what in this poll clearly.

•••
I believe you can see who voted for what in this poll clearly.

Nope, I don't see it. "Namepros name next to the name they voted for."

You can see vote count for each name, not the people voting for the name. Not sure if that option is even available with this forum software. I know it's available with others.

Last edited:
•••
Nope, I don't see it. "Namepros name next to the name they voted for."

You can see vote count for each name, not the people voting for the name.
JB, click on the number of votes in front of each name and see.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back