IT.COM

discuss POKERQUEEN.NET Traffic

NameSilo
Watch

jf2404

Account Closed
Impact
Hi all, i've got POKERQUEEN.NET .

It's been listed on afternic for about 2 weeks now and they say it's getting 10k uniques per month, i've no idea where the traffic is from but it must add to the value.

any thoughts ?

afternic listing link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Innocent until proven guilty!

true.

Well, best of luck with the domain....

But if they are genuine hits :red: why not url forward the domain to an address ill give you if you PM me and ill split the profits with you...

By my reckoning, if i earn about $1500 a month with my poker domains from about 400 genuine hits then 10,000 will earn us somewhere in the realms of $20k. :)

Unless, of course, theyre fake when in which case we'll earn nothing. :(

•••
lol, i've been through this all day lol, if you belive that then thats fine, i'm tired of trying to tell everyone all i go off is afternic, if their wrong then their wrong.

thanks anyway Dave

•••
lol, good idea Ian, as mentioned at the top, i just wanna sell it, debts to pay off and any money will be nice for xmas. Thanks for the offer though. Got a mid $xxx offer so far.

•••
Hey, why so swift......??

If your site has 10,000 genuine hits a month, in a months time i'll give you a minimum of $10,000 for the name.

Hell, i'll even give you the money for half that many of genuine customers....

But hey, take the $$$

•••
like i say, if i didn't need the money i would wait and prove your smug face wrong lol, but i do need the money i'm afraid. Plus i'm starting a new job monday so i wouldn't have any time for it.

•••
I'm not necessarily questioning "you"... just the stats! If anything, sounds like someone's been sending proxied hits to your domain in an attempt to boost the value.

jf2404 said:
lol, i've been through this all day lol, if you belive that then thats fine, i'm tired of trying to tell everyone all i go off is afternic, if their wrong then their wrong.

thanks anyway Dave

•••
jf2404 said:
like i say, if i didn't need the money i would wait and prove your smug face wrong lol, but i do need the money i'm afraid. Plus i'm starting a new job monday so i wouldn't have any time for it.

no smugness my friend, just a straight, genuine business offer...??

But anyway, as you say, you cant wait..... ??

•••
i haven't got the foggiest, i doubt someone would do that though when they don't own it. Ive never tried or looked but i'm sure it wont be cheap for 10k worth of people/traffic . Or is it cheap?

•••
well, if it's a business offer, offer me more than $600 for the name and you can keep all your £20k or whatever it was.

•••
Can be done with an Alexa Booster script readily available on the Net or ebay for $10 or less.

jf2404 said:
i haven't got the foggiest, i doubt someone would do that though when they don't own it. Ive never tried or looked but i'm sure it wont be cheap for 10k worth of people/traffic . Or is it cheap?

•••
•••
Sure it is Dave, everyone here knows that... I guess, and I hope, because this site contains professional and serious domainers.

And jf2404, Yeah sure im gonna buy your domain that i believe is worthless. You wanna buy my car?? - its worth $50k but you can have it for $200 - only trouble is, you'll have to trust me that its worth that much cos you cant see it but i promise you im not bullshi**ing you.....

Come on man get in the real world.

Look, take the mid $$$ or whatever youve been offered cos you know what, if you believed your domain traffic had any chance of being genuine then you'd take me up on my offer. But I gets da feeling you dont so your bailing.

End of discussion (for me anyway)

•••
Ok cya, thanks for your input, and beleive what you want, i don't care .

•••
and what car is it, $200 is cheap specially if it's worth $50k , i'll take it. e-mail me the details

•••
There is no chance that domain is getting any legitimate traffic on its own. Anyone willing to pay for the name on the basis of those stats simply did not do their research and is allowing themselves to be ripped off.

Look at the facts:

- Pokerqueen.net was never an established site
- It's a .net so rule out type-ins possibility
- No link popularity
- No Alexa rank
- No Pagerank
- Owner says he doesn't know where traffic is coming from

With any domain being sold claiming that level of traffic, you should have some idea why it has traffic before assigning any value to that traffic. There is no indication it would get any traffic. In this case, my guess would be someone bought one of those 10,000 website visitors packages and directed it to the domain.

Appraisal - for the domain alone, value should be around ~$30. It might appeal to a female poker player or an Annie Duke fan. Value for traffic - $0.

jf2404 said:
Yea, it's pretty cheap. Try $6.99 on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50972&item=3854536366

•••
I'll give the benefit of the doubt on the stats... partly because one of my junk domains got a hella-hit-boost one week when a large portal site used the wrong address on one of their internal ads, directing tens of thousands of targeted hits to me :) I could not have been happier, but of course, it was short lived.

Still, mid to low $xx

-Allan

•••
Im sorry if i messed up, but i tend to think the better of people when maybe i shouldnt.... can he be proved innocent or guilty?

I mean although it is very unlikely to get that much traffic....

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
Im sorry if i messed up, but i tend to think the better of people when maybe i shouldnt.... can he be proved innocent or guilty?

I mean although it is very unlikely to get that much traffic....

Of course. I'm not neccessarily calling out jf2404 as a scammer. There are possible explantions, like the one Allan mentioned for example. However, if he is planning on selling this name for a premium based on traffic he should make a good faith effort at finding out where the traffic is coming from. This can be done by directing the name to a hosting account or parking program that has the ability to generate traffic stats and record referrers.

Bottom line is this: if a domain has a significant amount of traffic there is an explanation for it. 10,000 people aren't just going to type-in pokerqueen.net for no reason. You should be very sceptical about buying traffic names where you cannot determine why it has traffic.

•••
I asked him if I could test the traffic for 24hours (change nameservers) on my Fabulous account, but he refused because he was "afraid that I might steal the domain!"

I would easily have paid jf2404 in the $x,xxx range if the traffic is genuine...

Hm.... :|

•••
did you explain all that to him????

If he just isnt cooperating... just let him lose out on a possible $$$$ deal...!

•••
Sorry, couldnt resist one final post.

The guy who is selling this name, has it posted on virtually every single domain forums site in the world. Some sites I hadnt even heard of. No great crime in that I hear you say.

No, but he comes across as a poor, simple type who, in his own words "is not technically minded and doesnt have a clue where the traffic is coming from". Now being technically minded is one thing but having multiple domains for sale, posting multiple spam threads (elsewhere), knowing domains, domain forums and domain brokers etc is enough technical knowledge to be able to work out WHERE YOUR TRAFFIC IS COMING FROM....

And add to that the very generous offers made by Redleg and myself both offering (after a very short clarification period) serious money for the domain which were both turned down with such feable excuses as, i.e. "you might steal my domain" and "I need the money before xmas" and you have yourself a very suspect domain sale / appraisal (or whatever guise the thread starter intended his post to go by).

IMHO, This guy is pure scam/spam whatever you like. He even claimed (on one site) to be sick and his proposed domain sale then was to support his fiancee. Again, i dont know this be true or not and hope to god for his sake it isnt but whatever the case, he knows where this traffic is coming from and its not from genuine visitors.

I just feel sorry for those bidding on Afternic right now, fooled by the promise of 10,000 visitors a month [current price $200].

Still, you know what they say, you cant fool an honest man...... :(

•••
Firstly redleg, you offered me $500 with no traffic stats (to which i accepted), i did advise you i had an offer for $600, then you said you didn't want it anymore, the other $600 guy has withdrawn also, if you want it for $500, it's yours. I'm noy gonna even bother to say again about the traffic, i can promise that all i have done is bought the name and parked it on afternic.

Collieri, if you are any good with domains, you can look at my current portfolio and see there crap, if i did know what i was doing, i wouldn't have bought them in the first place, all (exept pokerqueen) have no traffic, and being someone thats hates losing money all i want is something back from them, if it's a £5 or £10 it's better than nothing. As for all the forums all i did was search for domain forums to try and sell my shitty names to get whatever i could for them.

The first thing i even heard about traffic was when i sold my hornyx.com i was asked what traffic it had, i didn't know what the hell he meant by it until he explained, as i had them parked on afternic for sale, if they tell me it has no traffic, thats what i tell interested people, if it says it has load then thats what i say.

I don't care what you all think , you have all written me off as being a scam artist, when all i've done is list my name for sale.

think whatever you want, all i want is a sale, if redfan wants it, then i'll remove it from afternic and sell for $500.

I'm sure this thread will go on and on, but all in all i only want a sale, like the rest of my names i bought it coz i liked the sound of it, not for the traffic it has, if i knew just asking for a simple appraisal would get me labelled a scam artist or a dodgy dealer, then i wouldn't have bothered.

•••
jf2404 said:
you can look at my current portfolio and see there crap, if i did know what i was doing, i wouldn't have bought them in the first place, all (exept pokerqueen) have no traffic

I assume you are referring to the portfolio you list on your AOL home page, and have posted to half a dozen other forums? The one that includes hornyx.com? You know the name you listed at domaincloset claiming it “has had over 4.8 million hits”? Is this another miracle name with no links and unbelievable traffic?

You are a scammer, and a piss poor one at that.

•••
If you read what i posted for hornyx.com it was my first "kinda good" name, and i stated it had 4.8 million on alexa ,(which i thought was good at the time), later i found out the lower the better. lmfao try harder you sad pr*ck.

•••
and my best domain i have and will keep is mobilereserve.com with 500,923 on alexa, quiet all of a sudden Prima, get your facts straight before you post.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back