Dynadot

discuss POKERQUEEN.NET Traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jf2404

Account Closed
Impact
Hi all, i've got POKERQUEEN.NET .

It's been listed on afternic for about 2 weeks now and they say it's getting 10k uniques per month, i've no idea where the traffic is from but it must add to the value.

any thoughts ?

afternic listing link

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Matrix1976 said:
yeah, i know i was just pissed when i said that :) i dont like people who try to live on ripping people off...they are cockroaches for society and should be shot....anyhoo, i didnt get where i am throwing money around, so i checked with afternic b4 closing the issue :)

guess u missed that part Qwert ... :)

•••
jf2404 said:
"should Matrix have checked / verified the sincerity of the traffic before bidding and should the bid now be binding regardless" <--- correct.

what was matrix suppost to do? ask you? that obviously wouldnt have worked..... your a fraud and a not-so-intelligent one at that. it was matrixes responsibility to check and its YOUR responsibility to not be such an ass.

•••
Very professional displaying someones address online.

I still sent no traffic to the domain, obviously someone has and it's stopped me getting a sale, i didn't know if it was real or fake like i've always said. Unfortunatly for me it turned out fake.But it was fortunate for Matrix, good work with your reasearch or whatever you did, i just wish afternic told me about the traffic then i wouldn't have advertised it if i knew it was fake.

And Qwert , Matrix didn't pay me anything, but if he did i'd have reimbursed him fully.

It was not my intention to screw anyone, and it looks like i've been screwed by whoever sent the traffic,i didn't promote the site for the traffic, all i did was promote the name for sale "with afternics stats" anyway it's over now.

Only thing in this whole situation i'm gutted at is finding out the traffic is fake and having my address posted on a forum for the world to see, thanks Matrix, if i was that low as you are, i'd find yours and post it, but i aint gonna do that, [email protected] is my online presence and i'd like to keep it that way, unless anyone asks for my address, which then by MY choice i would provide it.

•••
jf2404 said:
i didn't promote the site for the traffic

Hmm not quite true John but i do sympathise with your situation. Although I cannot see, for the life of me, why someone would boost traffic for someone elses domain - especially to a newly regged domain - there is no proof that that person is you.

On a seperate note, your whois details being displayed is certainly an overstepping of the mark on Matrix's behalf and he should edit his post. Chances are though that it wont have been crawled just yet but, in any case, a quick PM to Apollo should resolve this issue.

And I guess the whole issue of this thread seems to have drawn to a natural conclusion. So unless you have any thing else to add you might want to ask Apollo to close it at the same time. Up to you though, your thread.

And by the way, welcome to NP's... I would suggest if anything positive can be gained for you from your experience with this sale (or lack of it) its that you have joined a darn good forum and possibly learnt some valid lessons. Good luck with the future and hope to see your posts elsewhere... :)

•••
jf2404 banned. IMO, whether or not he had anything to do with the fake traffic, his refusal to verify the traffic despite the many criticisms makes him party to the deception.

His posted contacts have been removed, as he requested. I don't see how posting it can deter fraudulent activity, as whois info is easy to fake. And assuming it's accurate, anyone can do a whois lookup again. Should it ever become necessary, we have a copy of his whois details on file.

•••
Moral of the story: Forget about traffic.

•••
armstrong said:
jf2404 banned. IMO, whether or not he had anything to do with the fake traffic, his refusal to verify the traffic despite the many criticisms makes him party to the deception.

agreed

jf2404 is full of it and wants to take everyone for a ride, he knew the traffic was fake and took everyone for fools trying shamlessly to hide it with his manipulation....i cant beleive not everyone sees this....i cant beleive some people actually sympathise with this guy....He even told me he had 'x' amount of clicks on his domain...which afternic confirmed was ''not true'...yet he keeps saying he didnt know about the fake traffic! COME ON!!!.... what more do you need people for gods sake!

Last edited:
•••
He might just be a newbie trying to rip domainers off. But from what he know as of now, I doubt he'll think that way ever again. :)

•••
Matrix1976 said:
agreed

jf2404 is full of it and wants to take everyone for a ride, he knew the traffic was fake and took everyone for fools trying shamlessly to hide it with his manipulation....i cant beleive not everyone sees this....i cant beleive some people actually sympathise with this guy....He even told me he had 'x' amount of clicks on his domain...which afternic confirmed was ''not true'...yet he keeps saying he didnt know about the fake traffic! COME ON!!!.... what more do you need people for gods sake!

Trouble is Matrix, to be both objective and ensure your argument holds water you need to show a balanced and fair opinion and not, like what was in danger of happening here, carry on shooting a dead horse. [lame metaphor I know]

The thread was originally posted as an appraisal which then moved to the discussion forum. JF2404 was asking for an appraisal on his domain which we all took as a spam thread to sell it on the basis of the traffic (which was advertised as 'the hook' in his opening thread). And as you know, I was first to question his motives, mainly because id seen it posted elsewhere for sale under the banner 'fantastic traffic'.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the traffic was exposed as probable fake and a member here (you) was saved the trouble of buying a worthless domain with inflated traffic stats - [side bar] and that 'imho' is exactly what the community here should (and does) stand for.

So I read your thread above and thought well it cant be me that has shown this 'sympathy' because if you read the entire thread you'll see thats certainly not the case. But i read back a little further and didnt see anyone else showing sympathy so I realised you must have meant me! Anyway, I dont regret my last post and would write it again. Imho, there is a fundamental difference between showing, I suppose what could be misinterpreted as sympathy, and knowing when someone is beat.

" If you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory "
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins

Maybe its a Brit thing.....

•••
i was not specifically targetting you, i am just very pissed at the whole situation and at jf2404 for taking us all for Idiots and still denying everything. Afternic even confirmed on the forum that the traffic went down the very same day that the shit hit the fan for him....

Its sad though cause i learned one thing out of all this...and thats that trying to help and get rid of and exposing frauds can hurt your own reputation, so that definately does not encourage people to come forward and denounce them when they have ''100 %'' proof....This is the last time i will myself openly participate in exposing frauds for what they are...

•••
Matrix1976 said:
Its sad though cause i learned one thing out of all this...and thats that trying to help and get rid of and exposing frauds can hurt your own reputation

I dont see how??? If you mean people posting anonymous #bad reputation# marks against you then well, shoot! I get more than i get good ones... But hey ho, no sleep lost.

Thats the price though Im afraid for being straight and I, for one, am not changing.

I think over the course of this thread, the only debatable issue on your behalf was 'should you have got embroiled in the 'handbags a five paces' slanging match with JF?

But that minot interlude wouldn't come any way near to harming your reputation. The people on here know whats what and know youre a good guy...

•••
thanks collieri i appreciate the kind words :)

ohh and i just noticed jf2404 was finally banned! now im a happy camper B-)

ps.: about the swearing, im from quebec, it comes natural when we are mad hehe if i have offended anyone...too bad...cause ill do it again if this type of situation happens again... ;)

gday!

Edit :
Thanks armstrong for getting rid of the rif-raf...

•••
•••
surprisingly this time he isnt showing bogus traffic....although he edited his item description....maybe he was falsly claiming it had traffic b4 it was revised?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back